Author Topic: God Save the Queen  (Read 2370 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
God Save the Queen
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:48:24 AM »
I don't have info as to who wrote this:

God Save the Queen

Great Britain shows this ex-colony how it should be done:

Regarding the Russian submarine snarled in underwater cables a couple of  weeks ago.......By the time we cleared all the bureaucratic "B.S."  and got started,  Great Britain had arrived, completed the rescue of the seven  men trapped in the submarine, and were cleaning up.

England's Prime Minister Blair made a national speech recently in which he more or less said he didn't give a damn what color you were, what religion you practiced, or how long you'd been in England ... anyone stirring  trouble was OUT .... DEPORTED .... GONE!

We're having a hell of a time keeping men, women and children from crossing the borders illegally, we support them when they get here, and  put people in jail for reporting them.

Within days of the terrorist attacks in England, Scotland Yard had  accounted for every man involved.  We're still looking for 9/11  terrorists, can't find Bin Laden, and are now trying to get "permission" to search people who might have bombs.

While the rest of the world is dealing with major problems, we've got the whole damn Congress fighting over appointment of one Judge and whether or not the Atlanta Braves can keep their mascot.

We've become so politically correct we look like idiots to the rest of the world.

God Save the Queen.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Paddy

God Save the Queen
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:52:09 AM »
Yep. Between career politicians and superstar celebrities and uber rich sports figures, we've already returned to a monarchy.  We just haven't admitted it yet.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
God Save the Queen
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:05:52 AM »
Uhm...

I thought the problem with our getting a rescue sub to the region was that it was down for maintenance and was in New London, Connecticut.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

thorn

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 10:56:39 AM »
>>>>>and are now trying to get "permission" to search people who might have bombs. <<<<<<<

always love it when a 2nd amendment fan wants to throw out the
fourth and take a shot at the fifth.

other than that, i agree.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
God Save the Queen
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 11:30:59 AM »
And I thought this was gonna be another "gay" thread.....
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

280plus

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 11:59:33 AM »
And I thought this was gonna be another "gay" thread.....
Bad Rabbi! BAD!

Cheesy

grampster

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 12:12:02 PM »
+ 1 Rabbi.  Heh.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Standing Wolf

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 12:19:13 PM »
No, thanks. The British are subjects, not citizens, and have virtually no civil rights left.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Iain

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 01:18:32 PM »
I've got a few left. I can say unpleasant things about Tony Blair on the net, extremely unpleasant things, and not expect a visit from any 'Secret Service' types.

To cover the bases touched above - I expect Mike is right about the sub. This govt has some extremely unpleasant tendencies, including discussing revoking British citizenship, that opens up several issues about second class citizenship. Plenty of illegal immigrants here. CCTV, love it or hate it, played a huge role in identifying the 7th of July bombers. Not a big fan of searches.

There we go. I don't always defend the UK, I happen to think that the above article (if that is what it is) praises the UK on some rather dubious grounds.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

The Rabbi

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 01:44:21 PM »
Quote from: Iain
I've got a few left. I can say unpleasant things about Tony Blair on the net, extremely unpleasant things, and not expect a visit from any 'Secret Service' types.
Reminds me of an old Soviet-era joke.  An American is visiting Moscow and talking to his Russian counterpart.  He tells him, you have no freedom of speech here.  In America I can stand in front of the White House and yell "Ronald Reagan has no balls" and nothing will happen to me.
The Russian says, not so.  In Soviet Union we also have free speech.  I can stand in front of Kremlin and yell "Ronald Reagan has no balls" and nothing will happen to me either.

280plus

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 03:01:12 PM »
^^^ LMAO...

Wink

thorn

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 03:27:30 PM »
yes laughing hard now, thanks!

Iain

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 03:59:05 AM »
Total thread derail now. Sorry, but I like a good Soviet era joke. This one is from Poland via PJ O'Rourke.

A man is sent out by his wife to buy meat. He queues for hours at the butchers, but when he finally gets near the front it is announced that there is no more meat. He flips, starts ranting and raving about the state of the country and so on until a man in a long trenchcoat steps out of the shadows and walks up to him.

The man says 'Comrade, we do not like that kind of talk. You know what happens to people who talk like that.' He points the index and middle fingers at our wouldbe meat purchaser and utters a soft 'bang'.

Our man goes home and says to his wife...

'This country is in serious trouble.'
'No meat'?
'Worse. No bullets.'
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

The Rabbi

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 05:00:32 AM »
Quote from: Iain
Total thread derail now. Sorry, but I like a good Soviet era joke. This one is from Poland via PJ O'Rourke.

A man is sent out by his wife to buy meat. He queues for hours at the butchers, but when he finally gets near the front it is announced that there is no more meat. He flips, starts ranting and raving about the state of the country and so on until a man in a long trenchcoat steps out of the shadows and walks up to him.

The man says 'Comrade, we do not like that kind of talk. You know what happens to people who talk like that.' He points the index and middle fingers at our wouldbe meat purchaser and utters a soft 'bang'.

Our man goes home and says to his wife...

'This country is in serious trouble.'
'No meat'?
'Worse. No bullets.'
ROFLMFAO!!!!

A Soviet worker saves his rubles every month to buy a car. After several years he has enough saved and goes to order it.  He picks out the model, color, etc.  The salesman says, OK it will be delivered in ten years from next Tuesday.  The man asks, in the morning or the afternoon?  The salesman says "ten years from now, what difference does it make?"  The man answers,
The plumber is coming in the afternoon.

matis

• friend
God Save the Queen
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 12:21:43 PM »
OK, can't resist.

After a long wait, a man finally reaches the head of the line in the Moscow food store and asks the store clerk for 5 lbs. of potatoes.

"I'm sorry,"  says the clerk, "You've made a mistake.  It's in that line there that they've run out of potatoes.  In this line we have no cabbage."

An American tourist (fellow traveler?) stands in front of the gorilla cage in the Moscow Zoo, reading the plaque listing the gorilla's daily rations.

"10 lbs monkey chow, 3 lbs potatoes, 5 lbs cabbage, 5 lbs bananas, 1 lb carrots, various vitamins...."

"My goodness," he gushes at his Intourist guide, "What a wonderful diet!"

"It is indeed a wonderful diet,"  answers the guide.  "But who's going to give it to him?

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.