Author Topic: Eric "Anti" Holder: AG Designate for President-Elect Obama  (Read 6424 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Eric "Anti" Holder: AG Designate for President-Elect Obama
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:38 PM »
does mom running off with the kid without telling dad count?do the kids feelings matter?  do moms rights somehow transfer to the exiles and trump dads?  in what court on what planet?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 09:47:17 PM »
does mom running off with the kid without telling dad count?

Why shouldn't it?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

ctdonath

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 04:33:43 PM »
Beware playing their game by their rules with their patterns. You'll lose.

Even in the innocuous suggestion, you're giving far more than you know.
Requiring a table be available for background checks? only a small step to requiring that service be used ... which delays the purchase ... and adds to the cost of transfer ... and makes a list of who was checked ... and makes a list of who did the checking ... and makes people spend more time in line waiting for the check vs. buying other stuff ... and attracts fining/imprisoning anyone who doesn't use it ... and oh gee the system just went down and will be out for a couple hours ... and lost sales pile up 'cuz it's too much hassle ... and the antis just giggled & thanked you for handing them a major goal on a silver platter.

Now, don't confuse my concern with not pursuing legislation. See their attempts and raise them:
- Hands-on SAFETY training in high schools
- Allow/advocate/restore competition as a school sport
- Repeal 922(o)
- Repeal import bans
- Affirm carry as a safety measure
etc.

Now reading: The Unthinkable, The Age of Innocence
Recently read: 1491

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 04:43:21 PM »
The ones proposing the "ban", "close", "anti", "etc.", bills; aren't interested in a pragmatic, or even a fair working solution to a perceived problem they have hyped in the press.
Some years back, during "hearings" on gun control, the NRA proposed measures to curb crime . . . and was cut short by Sen. Howard Metzenbaum (D-OH) who retorted with words to the effect that they weren't there to curb crime, they were there to ban guns.

Understand - they want to ban guns. Curbing crime is irrelevant. It's the guns they want.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain