Author Topic: Hee hee...the moonbats are already whining at hopeychangey...  (Read 6901 times)

taurusowner

Re: Hee hee...the moonbats are already whining at hopeychangey...
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 12:54:03 PM »
I should really note here that the Klan is hardly a right wing organization.  It was founded by southern Democrats who opposed just about everything Republican.  About the only "right-wing" policy they advocated for was opposition to labor unions.  They also were supposedly anti-communist, but that's similar to how Mussolini was anti-communist.  The reason a lot of people mistake them for "right wing" is that, like the fascists, they supported a different brand of totalitarianism than the communists.  They're only less leftist.

And the fact that people see white southern racists and immediately think "backwards republican".  They're image of all that is correct is a "progressive" college educated pacifist sitting in a Starbucks in San Francisco.  Anything that is the opposite of that image they brand as stupid republicans, even if they have no idea what their beliefs really are.

The standard of "Republican" is one that they have imagined, not one that really is.  They see Republicans as racist, even though it was Republicans who lead the charge against slavery and for civil rights.  It's their caricature of Republicans they use as a standard for measuring real people.  So it's no wonder they would make the obvious mistake of assuming that a racist organization like the Klan must be right wing.  It fits what they want to believe to be true, not how things really are.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 01:15:24 PM »
even though it was Republicans who lead the charge against slavery and for civil rights.

was eisenhower a republican? johnson?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »
was eisenhower a republican?

Yes, Dwight D. Eisenhower, the guy who promoted the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1960 and started school integration was a Republican. ;/
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »
"was eisenhower a republican? johnson?"

Yes, Eisenhower WAS a Republican. Pick up a book once in awhile. Or at least hit Wikipedia.

As in two-term Republican president of the United States.

In fact, Eisenhower also used Presidential executive orders to combat segregation and racism.

From AfricanAmerican.com:

Eisenhower therefore issued executive orders ending any segregationist practices that remained in the District of Columbia, in the military, and in the U.S. Government bureaucracy.  He was the first president to appoint a black, Frederic Morrow, to an executive position on the White House staff.  Eisenhower's record of achievement in the civil rights field was sufficiently impressive that he gained considerable support among black voters when he successfully ran for reelection to the presidency in 1956.

And keep warping farther back in time than the 1950s/60s and you'll find very different picture of the Democratic and Republican parties.

It was, by and large, Richard Nixon's reluctance to meet with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King that really started turning the tide against Republicans as being the progressive party on race in the United States.

Kennedy made a major coup when he had highly publicized meetings with King.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 01:41:47 PM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 01:54:01 PM »
son of a gun! i owe ya one! i had taken someone elses word and not checked this is gonna be good stuff
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I