Author Topic: Spiders on drugs  (Read 1416 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Spiders on drugs
« on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Spiders on drugs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
lol
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I always wonder how many takes it took for the narrator to say that stuff straight.

Or if they had him read it out of order or something so the humor wasn't as apparent.

Then again, some lines are hilareous, in and of themselves.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
The government did something real nasty to cats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJEw3A_QO9o

They perfected LSD. The idea was that they could give it to soldiers to make them better fighters! Thats Crazy!!
They also gave amphetamines to SF guys. In the end it made them way to jumpy to be effective.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
they gave amphetamines to lots of folks  there was this guy named elvis in particular. they may still makespeedavailable  i'm outa the loop

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Ever wonder how the Navy developed those dive tables?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
they gave amphetamines to lots of folks  there was this guy named elvis in particular. they may still makespeedavailable  i'm outa the loop

They still give various stuff to pilots. 

Army learned its lesson.  Bad stuff.  May keep your awake and "alert", but it skews your judgement so much it's not worth it. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
There is also one where they gave LSD to British soldiers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7m4fqTLKU  cheesy
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Stevie-Ray

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I always wonder how many takes it took for the narrator to say that stuff straight.

Or if they had him read it out of order or something so the humor wasn't as apparent.

Then again, some lines are hilareous, in and of themselves.
I've wondered that too. No matter how many times I see that it's always funny!
On Sarah Palin.....The screeching moonbats, whose daily lives are a swamp of discontent, fault finding, anger, angst and every other dark emotion embraced by the left, can't stand to see someone who is normal and enjoying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....grampster

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
They also gave amphetamines to SF guys. In the end it made them way to jumpy to be effective.

Actually amphetamines are still used with Air Force pilots to amazing effect.

From Wiki:

Amphetamines have been, and are still used, by militaries around the world. British troops used 72 million amphetamine tablets in the second world war[50] and the RAF got through so many that "Methedrine won the Battle of Britain" according to one report[51]. American bomber pilots use amphetamines ("go pills") to stay awake during long mission
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

myrockfight

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I read a book about the SOG in Vietnam. The author said that they would use a couple different types of amphetimines to get through really long LRRPs. One of the type they took were called "Green Hornets".

The Germans fueled the Blitzkrieg in the early years of the war with amphetimines to sustain long manuevers also.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Ever wonder how the Navy developed those dive tables?
Yep put each guy in the water longer than the last then ask them how they feel afterwards.
Pretzel logic.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Very informative but I can't seem to get any info on the crack spider's bitch from Ottowa.  undecided
Avoid cliches like the plague!