Author Topic: Spend El Tejon's state tax refund!  (Read 2639 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Spend El Tejon's state tax refund!
« on: December 09, 2005, 02:46:57 AM »
Amazing!  For the first time in twelve (12) years I received a refund check from my dear friends at the Indiana Department of Revenue . . . for $1.93.

What should I do with it?  My first inclination is to frame it.  Sign it and send it to Gov. Daniels?  Buy a Power Bar (mmmm, peanut butter Power Bar)?  Buy a large coffee next door?  

Your input please.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 03:07:05 AM »
I'm thinking ammo. That may be just enough to buy one milsurp .50 BMG round. Everybody needs one of those...

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 03:10:10 AM »
How about a box of .22lr and a form IT-40 for a target?

Smith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 03:34:48 AM »
His own neighborhood where he can make his own rules!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 03:58:24 AM »
How about paying your neighbor to have his pooch "be a good dog" on the State Capitol lawn?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 05:46:40 AM »

Wow!  a whole -$1.93 - that is a lot of money!!

-That *hot chick* you want to impress? Go to candy store , give money to her. Turn her loose to buy all she can with it. Peppermint, sassafras, wintergreen stick candy...lollipops...gum...["oh El T-honey, I get so swoon-over when I get to play in the candy store..."]

-Deck of playing cards from Five & Dime : put on bicycle tire spokes to make 'racing noices' , use as targets, to shim that desk in the office that wobbles...leave on someone's windshield you don't care for- this will drive them nuts as to why one playing card was left under wiper on windshield...

-Buy a $1.93 worth of marbles, leave oustide office door of local elected idiot  " You lost something".

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 05:53:52 AM »
I would not cash it and cause an accounting snafu with the state.

Too bad that really wouldn't work.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

CatsDieNow

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 07:27:39 AM »
How about you use it to buy that first gallon of gas to move to a place with no state income tax?  Tongue

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 08:23:19 AM »
Buy one round of .50 BMG. Then spend ten thousand or so for something to put it in. Cheesy

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 10:38:39 AM »
El T,
I think you should send it as a donation to the Brady Campaign, or the Million Moms March.
Write them a note and say something like this:

"Dear Blissninnies,

Hell froze over, and I got a refund from the state of Indy.
I wanted to share the freeze, and since I said it would be a Cold Day in Hell before I ever donated to a gun grabbing, freedom destroying organization like yours, it would appear that the day has arrived.  Please consider this the only time you'll ever receive a penny from me.

It is truly gratifying to know that it will cost you more in administrative costs to process this check, than the amount of my donation.

Sincerely,
El Tejon"

Thoughts?

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »
sm, the only "candy" women dig, is the diamond kind.Cheesy  YOU, of all people here, should know that.

Cats, oh, that's it burn it in!  No, no, that's O.K. you just take off the day off with your 25 electoral votes, it's O.K. I'll do all the work and pull the wagon.  Twist, twist and twist the knife and kick me some more would ya?  Geez.Cheesy  I'm bleeding and I can't get up.  Oh, how I curse and swear and look at maps of TX or FLA.  Let others work for me--hoozah!  Some day.

NF, I've been fairly good about gun spending last couple of years.  Software spending is outweighing hardware (at least for now or until I find that other Mauser 66 in 6.5 Swede or something else cannot live without).

FF, that's not bad, but I was thinking of the old TFL trick of mailing them concrete 2" block (good stuff to work out with).Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Paddy

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 11:38:38 AM »
Cash the check while it's still good and invest in an annuity for your old age.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 12:24:13 PM »
If you've got panhandlers, give it to one of them for Christmas.  If they can figure out how to cash it, the forty of Olde English 800 they get will mean more to them than anything you could get yourself for $1.93.  If you don't have any panhandlers, be thankful, and make some sort of offering of, oh . . . say $1.93, to your local coffee shop in exchange for something tasty.
For entertainment purposes only.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 04:31:35 PM »
Buy a "No Parking" sign!

Cheesy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 06:56:34 PM »
Buy a ticket to see the Lions in the SuperBowl.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

vernal45

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 10:05:15 PM »
For the first time in twelve (12) years I received a refund check from my dear friends at the Indiana Department of Revenue . . . for $1.93.
Use it to buy some tinfoil (poor mans window blinds) to put on your window so you cant see the neighbors vehicles on the grass. Cheesy=D

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 04:07:36 AM »
buy a 2 liter bottle of soda and a pack of Mentos
http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/00000109
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 12:42:15 PM »
Quote from: vernal45
For the first time in twelve (12) years I received a refund check from my dear friends at the Indiana Department of Revenue . . . for $1.93.
Use it to buy some tinfoil (poor mans window blinds) to put on your window so you cant see the neighbors vehicles on the grass. Cheesy=D
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!