Author Topic: Sadly, no APSer made it to the finals  (Read 1115 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Sadly, no APSer made it to the finals
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:46:48 AM »
We here at APS have always taken great pride and delight in our SNCO members, and regularly thank them for serving our country.  We take as much pride as they do in the hours of relentless training they attend, hoping that one day it will all pay off in advancement through leadership positions.

It is a shame (and probably some sort of conspiracy) that none of them made it to the finals.  But like the Cubs, there is always next year.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/09/unintelligible-snco-year-award/

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Sadly, no APSer made it to the finals
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 01:47:39 PM »
We had scheduled a Range, but had to cancel because we couldn't borrow a ambulance from C Co. 208th FSB like we normally did because of this, that and this other thing over there.    So at the company meeting later that week, I made mention that "It sure would be nice if we had our own Ambulance for our medic."

Fast forward a month or so later and I'm in the motor pool, playing either "Maintenance Officer" or "Motor Officer" (I forget which), when SSG Tapang, one of our Filipino mechanics, comes up to me and says what I finally make out to be "Get in truck, we go K-town*".

So we take a ride to one of 21st TAACOM's Kasernes and there's a huge lot filled with all kinds of wheeled vehicles.   We go into one of the buildings and suddenly it's like a scene from "The Deer Hunter", I'm the only "American" there.  There are about 7-8 Filipino's in US Army BDU's and SSG Tapang goes up and they start talking/chattering/yelling/threatening each other in Tagalog/English/German.  

I have no idea what's going on.   I'm just standing there smiling, hoping that my life doesn't end here and this soon.

Suddenly SSG Tapang thrusts the clipboard he had just grabbed/been handed from the MSG he had been chattering with and says "You sign here sir."  Knowing/hoping that my NCO's had never screwed me over, I sign.   He hands back the clipboard and we walk out the building.   Once outside and out of earshot of the rest of the Filipino mafia, I ask SSG Tapang.  "Ummm, what did I just sign Sergeant?"

"Ambulance, sir.   You drive back company.  I take truck."  As a HMMWV ambulance driven by a Filipino PFC comes skidding to halt in front of us.

Within 20 minutes of getting back, there are bumper numbers on the 'Blance.  MSG Davis (Motor Maintenance NCO) and SSG Catlett (Supply Sergeant) do all the paperwork necessary to add it to our property book as "found on installation" property (joining the 27 AN/VRC 524 and AN/VRC-442 radios) and there's a spot for it in the motorpool.   I thought our medic was going to cry when we showed him what we got him.  (Being the 1SG's driver all the time on exercises is NOT fun.)

CPT Freeman, of course, made us turn it back in, along with the extra radios, when he took command, and then wondered why we always had a hard time getting ranges to go off, and couldn't communicate in the field when radio's broke.  Idiot.

*Kaiserslautern; which is hard enough for an American to pronounce and damn near impossible for someone of Filipino heritage.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:58:13 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »

:lol:

Good on you for being a proper officer, and properly 'supervising' the situation. Not all junior officers showed that good sense, as CPT Freeman apparently learned.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:08:21 PM »
When I was at Ft Carson we were always in need of starters for our Hummers and could never seem to get them for our vehicles but always seemed the BC and or Bn CSM vehicles never had problems.

Getting ready for a field exercise we had a Hummer in need of a starter for almost two months and were told all vehicles go to the field even if dead lined.  Had no intention of towing ours to the field.  We stayed late night before we were heading to field and changed a starter out.  BC's driver comes in next morning and couldn't start his vehicle.  >:D

Within two hours BC had a new starter.

CO knew what happened but went with our story that we rebuilt ours. :rofl:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 03:17:24 PM »
  were told all vehicles go to the field even if dead lined. 

B 2/68 ARM had an M60 tank what was a hanger queen.  That same order came down from on high before REFORGER '87.

My buddy Jay Hayden had a giant picture of several German EPA types, in the White Coveralls and Respirators, carefully approaching the burned out hulk of said tank on some North German road, not far from the railhead, holding Geiger counters, trying to measure the radiation levels caused by 40 rounds of 105mm APFSDS-T DU rounds burning. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.