Author Topic: Moonbats are unintenionally funny......  (Read 6080 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Moonbats are unintenionally funny......
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:57:27 AM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-talk-pestsfeb04,0,3527782.story

Chicago canvassers, including a Greenpeace worker, discuss their jobs
By Colleen Mastony | Tribune reporter
February 4, 2009
1 2 next 252

Armed with a clipboard and a smile, the street-corner solicitor has a brutal job. Day after day, through punishing weather, these young, nervy canvassers stand amid the rush of pedestrians, trying to get someone—anyone—to stop and listen to their cause.

Sometimes, they're cursed. Mostly, they're ignored. Why do they do it? Three workers share their secrets to staying motivated, their tricks to overcoming rejection and their hopes for the future.

Andrea Wallace, 23→

Hometown: Trilla, Ill.

Organization: Greenpeace

Job: Persuade strangers to join Greenpeace and pay a $15 minimum membership fee

Her line: "You want to save a cute, cuddly polar bear today, right?"

Why she does it: "Global warming. That's always been a huge concern of mine."

Worst thing: "Being out here six hours every day during the freezing cold. There's also some negativity on the street. People think they can take their frustrations out on us."

How many people stop? "About 25 to 35 people stop over six hours."

Do you get discouraged? "Every day. But, obviously, if you go out there and put on a sad face, nobody is going to talk to you."

Her strategy: "Approach people from 15 feet away, so you really have a chance to connect with them while they're walking toward you."

Her life plan: "I want to be an activist."

Her message to others: "We actually can save the world. People together can make a difference."

And if you flip to the next page in the Tribune, there's an article with a picture "Brits frolic in rare London Snow."

;/ :rolleyes:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Moonbats are unintenionally funny......
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »
Without getting into the AGW debacle yet again, clueless little idiots like this girl are the reason we have our current President. One can only hope his inevitable failure will help to introduce them to cynicism and distrust of the .gov.

SHoot, now I'm being naive. They'll probably just keep blaming Bush.......
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:18:52 AM »

Mmmm, polar bear steak!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:20:09 AM »
I always thought polar bear to be the most exciting non-African game one could hunt. At least since tigers are so rare. /sigh, oh to be alive in the late 1800's.....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
"You want to save a cute, cuddly polar bear today, right"

I wonder if we can get her to hug a polar bear.

Then we'll see how cute and cuddly they can be when they realize that there's a free meal clinging to them...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 11:22:06 AM »
Mmmm, polar bear steak!

but they are cute and cuddly. which is why if you get your steak, i want the fur.  :lol:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 11:30:05 AM »
You want to save a cute, cuddly polar bear today, right?

No, but can I save one of the ugly animals?   :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 11:32:27 AM »
She only has to work 6 hours a day?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
I always thought polar bear to be the most exciting non-African game one could hunt. At least since tigers are so rare. /sigh, oh to be alive in the late 1800's.....
Double rifle,, Webley revolver in a leather holster, monocle, pith helmet and a handlebar moustache? Yeah, that would be grand! =D
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »
While people like to poke fun at this naive girl I think its admerable. I really do think something is happening to this planet call it "Global Warming" or whatever but some facts are indisputable.

Their are holes in the Ozone Layer, NASA's confirmed this and I doubt their the tinfoil hat wearing bunch.
Arctic ice is melting, (which is why the polar bears are dying).
The seasons are getting a little screwy, Summers hotter and longer, Spring and Fall almost seem non existant and Winter is colder than ever.

Hell I dont know whats causing it, scientist cant even agree on whats causing it. Some say its us causing it due to green house gas emitions, others say not that it is the natural cycle of the planet.

Well I dont know whats causing it but I do think we are distroying our planet and any action big or small might help "save" our planet. Hell we dont know whats causing it but some scientist say once the holes in the Ozone layer get to a "critical mass" that the damage might be irreversible. If this is true whats the harm in trying to cut our green house gas emitions and trying to better the enviornment. Cause hell if you guys are right, no harm no foul, if those scientists are right about the irreversible damage to the ozone layer, the worlds population might last another 100 years and then the plant would be inhabitable.

Thats one big gamble.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 12:35:15 PM »
Seenterman, I agree that fighting for a cause one thinks is important is admirable. 

However, this lady is accosting people on the streets with lame bumper sticker phrases, while freezing her ass off, and continues to do so even though she openly admits that the return on investment is nearly zero.

That, my friend, is not admirable- it's naive and foolish.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 12:45:15 PM »
Arctic ice is melting, (which is why the polar bears are dying).
No. Polar bear populations are increasing, and as far as anyone can tell, are at or near all-time highs. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB116778985966865527.html?mod=opinion_main_review_and_outlooks
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
I think NASA is causing the holes in the ozone layer.

Do you remember any holes before they started shooting rockets through it?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »
Their are holes in the Ozone Layer, NASA's confirmed this and I doubt their the tinfoil hat wearing bunch.

But aren't they the ones who just admitted to fabricating some of the data that has supported Global Warming theories?  Or was that just Hansen?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 01:55:32 PM »
No. Polar bear populations are increasing, and as far as anyone can tell, are at or near all-time highs. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB116778985966865527.html?mod=opinion_main_review_and_outlooks

You heartless bastard!  Using fact in the face of groundless assertion is unsportsmanlike.

Probably a "denier."

But aren't they the ones who just admitted to fabricating some of the data that has supported Global Warming theories?  Or was that just Hansen?

Oh, yeah, that ought to have been embarrassing.  Kind of a "we didn't carry the two" or "we forgot to convert from English to metric" stupid human trick. 

Formerly, they (NASA or some other agency) thought 1998 was the hottest year on record.  Turns out, the hottest year on record for the Earth was in the 1930s.

Add that to the "Hockey Stick Diagram" debunking, and you'd think any pro-AGW shill with a sense of shame would go and hide in a cave. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 01:58:15 PM »
one really cute one came up to me, asking me to "help save the environment"
I told her .... "I'm against the environment"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »
Well, uh...

The guy that puts girls in the well as part of his process of making the "lady suit" must get them from somewhere.
I promise not to duck.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 02:02:07 PM »
don't you hate it when they are cute?back in late 80's i had the hots for one of petas spokepersons. smoking hot not stupid per se but disconnected from real life .   did i remember smoking hot? :angel:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
I advocate for the relocating of polar bears to the Antarctic

I wonder what they would do when they find a penguin rookery miles from shore
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »
don't you hate it when they are cute?back in late 80's i had the hots for one of petas spokepersons. smoking hot not stupid per se but disconnected from real life .   did i remember smoking hot? :angel:

I had a cute coed here come up to me and ask me if I wanted to donate to UNICEF.

Hell no I'm not donating ANYTHING to the UN. The government already steals enough from me and gives it to them...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

psyopspec

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »
I gave the World Wildlife Fund 20 bucks when I saw they're "polar bears floating around on ice chunks" commercial.  I called the 800 number and the agent I got asked why I was joining.  I referenced the commercial I saw and asked if it was true; he said it was.  I responded with, "Well we need to get these numbers up or I have no hope of hunting one in my lifetime."  I think the dull thud I heard on the other end of the phone was him laying an egg.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 02:30:26 PM by psyopspec »

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 02:31:20 PM »

And the (north) polar ice cap has gained everything it lost earlier, plus more ice.

The greenies are, as usual, lying.

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »
I want to see the security camera footage when she tries to hug a polar bear. It probably won't be safe for work...

Do you think it'll chew off a limb first, or just go for the abdomen...?
Blog under construction

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 02:38:36 PM »
swat to the head
grab by the neck
drag off, devour

My buddy Norbert Rosing got trapped in a fenced fortified cabin by a large male polar bear intent on eating him

He decided to leave the area because it was obvious the bear had decided to return every day until it ate him

http://www.rosing.de/index_e.html

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 03:05:53 PM »

Timothy Treadwell wanted to save the cute cuddly bears.  And he did, right up to the point where one killed and ate him.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB