Author Topic: Wanna Buy an Itty Bitty Britty Carrier?  (Read 7230 times)

Parker Dean

• friend
Re: Wanna Buy an Itty Bitty Britty Carrier?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »
Might take a bit of work to repower it, since the engines have been removed.

I wonder if any of the "Jeep" carriers in the U.S. mothball fleet in Washington (state) are available ...

You know, the word is that the S.S. United States is likely to be scrapped in the relatively near future and it has a Forrestal-class steam plant....

Hot rod Itty Bitty Britty Carrier anyone?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 07:30:12 PM »
Aye, shovel more corpses in the fireboxes, laddies!

And wouldn't live hippies burn for longer? Kind of like green wood in a fireplace vs. dry?

Yeah, but you gotta listen to the live ones cry to Gaia.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 07:30:42 PM »
There are how many cabins on board? Get a consortium together and use it as the world's strangest holiday camp, Hi-de-hi meets Dad's Army.
If you were to use it to run one of those Russian-style Pirate cruises, you could probably get a good 1000 people sign on from certain Gun Forums.  =D
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »
Aye, shovel more corpses in the fireboxes, laddies!

And wouldn't live hippies burn for longer? Kind of like green wood in a fireplace vs. dry?

Yeah, but you gotta listen to the live ones cry to Gaia.

Yes, and then we can mock them as they cry out to Gaia.  Think of how satisfying that can be.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
Yes, and then we can mock them as they cry out to Gaia.  Think of how satisfying that can be.

"Where is your Gaia now?"
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Iain

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »
If you were to use it to run one of those Russian-style Pirate cruises, you could probably get a good 1000 people sign on from certain Gun Forums.  =D

But they'd have never seen Hi-de-hi, so my Peggy impression would just go to waste.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also