Author Topic: Gang-member gets CCW - nothing bad happens  (Read 972 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Gang-member gets CCW - nothing bad happens
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »
The outcome of this nightmare scenario is that he killed a member of a rival gang, in self-defense. The horror.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/18/police-investigate-concealed-permit-issued-gang-member-felon/

So what is the purpose of these permits again? ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Gang-member gets CCW - nothing bad happens
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 05:09:27 PM »
I've often thought that we should issue firearms to gang members.  No permits, no background checks, no age restrictions, no nothing.  With plenty of ammo.

Soon the most especially violent gang would come out on top.

Then we go after that group tooth and nail.

Then I wake up.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »
I've often thought that we should issue firearms to gang members.  No permits, no background checks, no age restrictions, no nothing.  With plenty of ammo.

Then I wake up.

Isn't that just what Obama accused us gun-folk of doing?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/14/barack-obama/barack-obama-offers-flawed-comparison-between-teen/

We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 06:04:34 PM »

"Then you wake up" indeed.  I'd add "training in aiming" to the list, because their lousy accuracy is how a lot of innocents get harmed.

I've actually written a paper comparing gangs to "primitive" hunter-gatherer tribes and their inter-relations with other tribes.  It's quite fascinating how many parallels there are.

Induction ceremonies(warrior/adult ceremony), conflict management, deliberately NOT attempting to be as lethal as they possibly can be because that encourages the other tribes/gangs to go 'full hammer' and that'd kill too many of your warriors off, etc...

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 06:44:19 PM »
"Then you wake up" indeed.  I'd add "training in aiming" to the list, because their lousy accuracy is how a lot of innocents get harmed.

I've actually written a paper comparing gangs to "primitive" hunter-gatherer tribes and their inter-relations with other tribes.  It's quite fascinating how many parallels there are.

Induction ceremonies(warrior/adult ceremony), conflict management, deliberately NOT attempting to be as lethal as they possibly can be because that encourages the other tribes/gangs to go 'full hammer' and that'd kill too many of your warriors off, etc...

It's almost like there is a genetic component to behavior.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 06:47:49 PM »
We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book...

. . . so says the administration behind Fast & Furious.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »

Then I wake up.

The guy in Fistful's linked story apparently left that life behind, changed who he was, and became an upstanding citizen.  It's telling that the DA refused to prosecute on the murder charge and is only pursing the felon in possession charge.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”