Author Topic: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program  (Read 30542 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: US Declassifies Document Revealing Israel's Nuclear Program
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 10:25:16 PM »
What could go wrong
Well except for what albricht mentions in passing
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/u-s-caves-to-key-iranian-demands-as-nuke-deal-comes-together/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 10:52:56 PM »
Clearly it's Netanyahu who has Americas interest at heart here - another war with Iran is the only way and he's just the man to give it to us!

This is seriously laughable - I can't see how any rational observer would take concerns about Obama's patriotism seriously from the folks jumping on board with Israel.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 11:20:40 PM »
I love this - a foreign power is spying on America and using the information to undermine American foreign policy, and you guys are calling Obama the traitor for punishing them?

Some folks drink the Israeli Kool-Aid.  Because it is Israeli!  And super tough/cool! 

The Israelis commit more espionage against us than any other "ally."  This should be made apparent and those who support such shamed.  And those who do such tings prosecuted.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 12:02:12 AM »
Clearly it's Netanyahu who has Americas interest at heart here - another war with Iran is the only way and he's just the man to give it to us!

This is seriously laughable - I can't see how any rational observer would take concerns about Obama's patriotism seriously from the folks jumping on board with Israel.
"ANOTHER?"  Were we at war with Iran recently?  Let's see, I remember A'stan, Iraq, Kosovo, Desert Storm I, Vietnam.... a few others...and reading about Korea, WW2, and so forth.
The US. vs. Iran war must have been slipped by me somehow.
I'm sure Obama is a very patriotic person.  I am not so sure about the country to which Obama directs his patriotic feelings, however. >:D  Nor do I really care.
I wish Obama did have America's interest at heart atleast half as much as you think Netanyahu has. ;)

I don't know why anyone would think that a "treaty" -- or agreement, whatever it is to be, that "expires" after ten years to let Iran build a bomb, is a "good" thing for anyone in the mideast.
Not that I think Iran will actually obey such an agreement in the first place ......... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 12:12:58 AM »
Some folks drink the Israeli Kool-Aid.  Because it is Israeli!  And super tough/cool! 

The Israelis commit more espionage against us than any other "ally."  This should be made apparent and those who support such shamed.  And those who do such tings prosecuted.

Given our own recent trend of spying on our allies, I'm having a hard time working up any consternation.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 02:07:38 AM »
I've heard that it's some of the five (of the 5+1 talks) that have been feeding the Isrealis the info.  Who are in turn giving most of the take to Congress....Something that, you know, the administration is supposed to do.  Instead, the administration is saying that this won't be a treaty so it doesn't need congressional advice and consent, and besides there's nothing to be written down, so everyone can just move along.

Plus, what Regolith said.

And Yes, Isreal foreign policy is what's in Isreal's best interest.  In this case it happens to coincide with what should be ours, if we had a president and Sec of State that put American interests first.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 04:39:30 AM »
Angela Merkel is probably  :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 06:34:18 AM »
If there is anyone on this board that didn't know that every country in the world spies on every other country in the world, friend, enemy, and/or ally, I have some beachfront property in Kansas to sell you along with a couple of bridges.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

birdman

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 07:52:32 AM »
Hey, cool, the report was made by IDA.  I used to work for them :)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:34 AM »
Some folks drink the Israeli Kool-Aid.  Because it is Israeli!  And super tough/cool!  

The Israelis commit more espionage against us than any other "ally."  This should be made apparent and those who support such shamed.  And those who do such tings prosecuted.

I'd feel shamed... if it wasn't completely understandable. (I also understand why the rest of our "allies"- who, given the fecklessness of this administration must be feeling exactly that way- spy on us.)

Israel is one betrayal away from utter destruction and subjugation. Given that half of this country is chomping at the bit for that betrayal, I'm not going to feel any shame about their actions.

Now if they gave that spying information to a hostile power, then I'd be angry. Using it to inform Congress? Wow. Such. an. outrage. No. I'm super serial.

Also, for those who haven't figured it out, the report was released to justify Iranian nuclear ambitions and to undermine the countries trying to prevent nuclear proliferation. (We are ostensibly one of those counties. But only ostensibly.)

That Obama's massive ego was insulted recently is immaterial to the release. It has been planned all along.  

Obama's worldview (and that of his administration) is that the United States has been a force for evil in the world and we have no right to tell other countries they cannot acquire nuclear weapons. EVERYTHING Obama has done has been to weaken our standing in the world.

Look at the results: our enemies treat us with disdain and our allies can't trust us. (or "allies" as they have been treated). This is by design.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 09:03:40 AM »
I'd feel shamed... if it wasn't completely understandable. (I also understand why the rest of our "allies"- who, given the fecklessness of this administration must be feeling exactly that way- spy on us.)

Israel is one betrayal away from utter destruction and subjugation. Given that half of this country is chomping at the bit for that betrayal, I'm not going to feel any shame about their actions.

Now if they gave that spying information to a hostile power, then I'd be angry. Using it to inform Congress? Wow. Such. an. outrage. No. I'm super serial.

Also, for those who haven't figured it out, the report was released to justify Iranian nuclear ambitions and to undermine the countries trying to prevent nuclear proliferation. (We are ostensibly one of those counties. But only ostensibly.)

That Obama's massive ego was insulted recently is immaterial to the release. It has been planned all along.  

Obama's worldview (and that of his administration) is that the United States has been a force for evil in the world and we have no right to tell other countries they cannot acquire nuclear weapons. EVERYTHING Obama has done has been to weaken our standing in the world.

Look at the results: our enemies treat us with disdain and our allies can't trust us. (or "allies" as they have been treated). This is by design.

The enemies of the United States in Israel and elsewhere would take great aid and comfort from reading your post, knowing that they could attack the US president's foreign policy through direct espionage and find people like you to support it.

Congratulations mak - you've committed one of the only crimes enumerated in the constitution, yet clearly believe that's ok because Obama is not your choice for president.

You are lucky that treason is (rightly) a politically sensitive charge, traitor.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:07:24 AM by De Selby »
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 09:04:39 AM »
The enemies of the United States in Israel and elsewhere would take great aid and comfort from reading your post, knowing that they could attack the US president's foreign policy through direct espionage and find people like you to support it.

Congratulations mak - you've committed one of the only crimes enumerated in the constitution, yet clearly believe that's ok because Obama and not your choice is president.

You are lucky that treason is (rightly) a politically sensitive charge, traitor.

Thank you. That's high praise, coming from you.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »
Thank you. That's high praise, coming from you.
dont thank me - thank your foreign benefactors.  And be sure to keep records of Israeli support for your views - certainly the views of foreign powers are going to be determinative!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 09:07:32 AM »
dont thank me - thank your foreign benefactors.  And be sure to keep records of Israeli support for your views - certainly the views of foreign powers are going to be determinative!

You're right! I TOTALLY forgot to cash the last check from the World Jewish Conspiracy! Being a traitor pays well.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »
Incidentally, moving away from the snark:

Treason requires an ACTION ShootinStudent. As a lawyer, you should know that you cannot commit treason by holding an opinion. (In this case, simply being unoffended by the actions of a foreign power.)

Can you tell me what action I took to make me guilty of treason, Counselor? 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 09:10:22 AM »
I've heard that it's some of the five (of the 5+1 talks) that have been feeding the Isrealis the info.  Who are in turn giving most of the take to Congress....Something that, you know, the administration is supposed to do. 

Exactly. If anything is really outrageous here, it's that Congress has to get the information it's entitled to (because, us not being a Monarchy and all) from a foreign power instead of the freakin' US State Dept.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 09:11:20 AM »
You're right! I TOTALLY forgot to cash the last check from the World Jewish Conspiracy! Being a traitor pays well.

For all my controversial posts here., I have not once advocated in favor of letting a foreign government get away with directly undermining US diplomacy.  

I'm sure you havent been paid for your treasonous remarks - and I'm not surprised.  Most only need a partisan stamp to go there, not cash.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 09:13:29 AM »
Incidentally, moving away from the snark:

Treason requires an ACTION ShootinStudent. As a lawyer, you should know that you cannot commit treason by holding an opinion. (In this case, simply being unoffended by the actions of a foreign power.)

Can you tell me what action I took to make me guilty of treason, Counselor?  

Yes - you posted text that was intended to minimise the crime of espionage, specifically to support foreign political agents.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy is the constitutional crime.  I ca think of no more obvious example than aiding someone who directly attacks the president for anti-American purposes.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 09:16:09 AM »
Yes - you posted text that was intended to minimise the crime of espionage, specifically to support foreign political agents.

Hmm... minimizing the crime of espionage. Let me check the laws about "minimizing a crime"... I'm sure there's something here about that... let's see... congress shall make no laws... commerce clause...

Well, I'm sorry, this poor layman's eyes just can't seem to find that crime. Can you point it out to me?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 09:17:28 AM »

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy is the constitutional crime.  I ca think of no more obvious example than aiding someone who directly attacks the president for anti-American purposes.

OH, NOW you claim is giving aid and comfort to the enemy to hold an opinion. I'm going to have a field day with that one.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 09:20:02 AM »
OH, NOW you claim is giving aid and comfort to the enemy to hold an opinion. I'm going to have a field day with that one.

No, not holding an opinion - posting that opinion in hopes of turning people away from the US president and towards a foreign leader.

Don't expect a prosecution though - you're in a country that values freedom of speech too highly for traitors to be prosecuted on words alone.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 09:29:09 AM »
No, not holding an opinion - posting that opinion in hopes of turning people away from the US president and towards a foreign leader.

Don't expect a prosecution though - you're in a country that values freedom of speech too highly for traitors to be prosecuted on words alone.

Fact remains, they were a part of the battle.  And no country that isn't a part of these battles has been hit by Al Qaeda.  That includes countries that are as liberal socially as America, or more so.

This whole discussion is about what their behavior indicates.  You claim that their behavior indicates that they want to attack anyone who's not like them; yet you haven't come up with a single example of someone being attacked who wasn't involved in backing their enemies.

Those are nations that aren't involved, and my point is that they also haven't been threatened.  If you can find a similarly situated nation that is threatened by terrorism from Al Qaeda, let's see it.

"Nah, it doesn't make sense to target countries that support our enemies.  But of course, if our enemies do something that doesn't make sense by targeting the supporters of their enemies, then we should do that same thing that doesn't make sense."

DeSelby says its understandable why Al Queda hit us! He's minimizing the crime of terrorism!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 09:47:04 AM »
If there is anyone on this board that didn't know that every country in the world spies on every other country in the world, friend, enemy, and/or ally, I have some beachfront property in Kansas to sell you along with a couple of bridges.

Seriously, folks.  This.  We spy on everyone.  And everyone spies on us.  This is nothing new.  Trying to manufacture outrage over it is a joke.  

Ah ha, and now we're trying to manufacture charges of treason out of it!   :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:57:39 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
How did we go from the Obama admin stabbing Israel in the back (again), to defending that backstabbing, to claiming it's treasonous even to speak one's opposition to that backstabbing?  

Is there some bizarro alternate reality where this makes even the smallest bit of sense to anyone at all?  

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:06:43 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 10:13:14 AM »
I'm no cheerleader for Israel but Obama gives way more deference to those who demonstrate hatred for us than he does our allies.

Entering into agreements with a nation whose leaders have regular public demonstrations of "two minutes of hate" against us as well as regularly publicly calling for the annihilation of our ally Israel seems like another bad foreign policy move by this administration.   

Painting Israel as the war monger is a bit disingenuous considering Iran's public statements about them and us.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.