Author Topic: Four dead in mass shooting at military facilities in Tennessee  (Read 29099 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Four dead in mass shooting at military facilities in Tennessee
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 10:54:26 PM »
When the shooter is white and spouts racist and southern ideology, we must race to blame mental illness while simultaneously accusing the media of unfairly tarring the confederate flag and its admirers.

When the shooter is brown and spouts Islamic radical ideology, we must race to immediately blame Islam and all cultures vaguely connected to it.  Mental illness or personal factors are just media bias.

This is because white racism is somehow different from Islamic radicalism.  Key difference being that whites, southerners and gun owners are targeted when hysteria about racism goes wild.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 10:54:47 PM »
When the shooter is white and spouts racist and southern ideology, we must race to blame mental illness while simultaneously accusing the media of unfairly tarring the confederate flag and its admirers.

When the shooter is brown and spouts Islamic radical ideology, we must race to immediately blame Islam and all cultures vaguely connected to it.  Mental illness or personal factors are just media bias.

This is because white racism is somehow different from Islamic radicalism.  Key difference being that whites, southerners and gun owners are targeted when hysteria about racism goes wild.

I missed the part where it was the rednecks performing multiple mass shootings, bombings, flying airplanes full of people into buildings full of people, throwing gays off of buildings, burning people alive, beheadings, stoning people to death, etc.

You know, you and the other "peaceful majority of Muslims" might want to start wiping out your radicals (or at least putting an honest effort towards it) instead of spouting off excuses. Right now the people of the US have shown an INCREDIBLE amount of restraint by trying to coexist peacefully with Muslims in the US. It could very easily go the other way when the patience runs out.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 10:54:57 PM »

When the shooter is brown and spouts Islamic radical ideology, we must race to immediately blame Islam and all cultures vaguely connected to it.  Mental illness or personal factors are just media bias.

This is because white racism is somehow different from Islamic radicalism.  Key difference being that whites, southerners and gun owners are targeted when hysteria about racism goes wild.

What an inane statement.  More like when the shooter is white we must rush to blame 80 million gun owners who have nothing in common with the shooter except for having filled out a 4473. When the shooter is muslim we must rush to figure out how to still blame those gun owners and lie our asses off about it not being terrorism or an act of war.

The Roof shooting response is surreal. The attack dogs knew they could get no traction on the gun angle since we rednecks callously ignored Sandy Hook, so they decided to attack something easier.

Yes we can blame islamic radicalism. There is no international white redneck caliphate preaching death to the brown people. Well, there may be one in the mind of Morris Dees, but that don't count. There is an islamic caliphate preaching for this exact same kind of attack and praising it on twitter. I think it's safe to blame this one on radical islam. If muslims have 3% 'er types that's about 30 million people worldwide that would be up for a good old jihad death to America fest. I guess if you're a moderate muslim culture who doesn't want to be judged by those 3% you might want to do what we need to do. Shoot on sight.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2015, 10:56:36 PM »
A. What in sam hill is "southern ideology"?

Also, very few mass killings have much to do with racism. If memory serves, most of them are either about Islam, leftist ideology, or just random crazy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 11:00:47 PM »
Trolled again gents.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Four dead in mass shooting at military facilities in Tennessee
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 11:55:06 PM »
I missed the part where it was the rednecks performing multiple mass shootings, bombings, flying airplanes full of people into buildings full of people, throwing gays off of buildings, burning people alive, beheadings, stoning people to death, etc.

You know, you and the other "peaceful majority of Muslims" might want to start wiping out your radicals (or at least putting an honest effort towards it) instead of spouting off excuses. Right now the people of the US have shown an INCREDIBLE amount of restraint by trying to coexist peacefully with Muslims in the US. It could very easily go the other way when the patience runs out.
Ayup.  Police your own or get lumped in with them when the majority wakes up cranky.

There is no good reason to let these folks into our country.  We need to rojnd them up and send them to the 55 or so majority muslim ciuntries.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 12:41:24 AM »

Hey. You.

I'm trying to decide whether to chalk this up to your usual aversion to facts or your childlike naievete. Let me know, so I can figure out how big a truth bomb to drop on you, or whether to call your mommy and have her revoke your internet privileges.

I know that's a petty and insulting thing to say, but you just insulted the collective intelligence of APS with that comment. So go *expletive deleted*ck yourself.

Also, I know it must hurt your brain terribly much that we unrepentant southern white people refuse to accept responsibility for Roof and his heinous crimes.

That's because unlike the Islamic community, which not only protects but encourages and fundraises for terrorism with "legitimate" front groups, we whites make it a habit to take out our own trash whenever the opportunity presents itself. A fact which the statistics will corroborate.

Maybe you're just trolling. Maybe you just like getting your jollies by making APS mad. That's OK. In person I'm sure we'd have a nice laugh about it and roll on. But if you're trolling on the internet you're being an annoying little *expletive deleted*it, and that's just plain bad manners.

So again, unless I wasn't clear the first time.

Go *expletive deleted*ck yourself.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 12:51:36 AM »
The point was that we seem to be happy with group blame, ie, collective guilt when it's other groups.  And there's always some justification like "but they actually ARE part of a billion person conspiracy and we are not!"

Much gnashing of teeth follows from even the mere suggestion that how you are behaving towards Muslims is how liberals behave towards you.  But the facts are there.  I don't need to cite hyperbole about conservative memes, lack of all rational thought, or add in anything else personal to make the point.

In a very simple, couple of sentence comparison to Roof (not named in my posts to now), you understood exactly what I meant.  That says something.

Edit:  to be crystal clear, the point I am making is that you shouldn't try to make all Muslims responsible for this, just like you shouldn't be held responsible for the actions of crazed gun toting racists.  Not the other way round.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:13:51 AM by De Selby »
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 01:54:59 AM »
The point was that we seem to be happy with group blame, ie, collective guilt when it's other groups.  And there's always some justification like "but they actually ARE part of a billion person conspiracy and we are not!"

Much gnashing of teeth follows from even the mere suggestion that how you are behaving towards Muslims is how liberals behave towards you.  But the facts are there.  I don't need to cite hyperbole about conservative memes, lack of all rational thought, or add in anything else personal to make the point.

In a very simple, couple of sentence comparison to Roof (not named in my posts to now), you understood exactly what I meant.  That says something.

Edit:  to be crystal clear, the point I am making is that you shouldn't try to make all Muslims responsible for this, just like you shouldn't be held responsible for the actions of crazed gun toting racists.  Not the other way round.

I've only seen people in this thread blame islamic radicalism, which given the information coming out, is fairly accurate. With roof, we saw blame hit an entire culture of people, which has now manifested in calls to relocate long dead soldiers, destroy monuments, and do other ISIS-like cultural cleansing.

That's the key difference. I don't see anyone in here blaming islam as a whole, unless i've missed it.

Theres also a pretty significant difference in degree. How often do we see white supremacist groups doing these type of things? Because, radical islam's occurrence of horrendous atrocities is fairly high.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 03:19:44 AM »
He's not even trying to hide the trolling now.

But really, can you go jerk off in another thread instead of crapping in one about dead Marines?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 04:27:25 AM »
Wow.

This has been extra special, even by De Selby standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 05:41:08 AM »
I've only seen people in this thread blame islamic radicalism, which given the information coming out, is fairly accurate. With roof, we saw blame hit an entire culture of people, which has now manifested in calls to relocate long dead soldiers, destroy monuments, and do other ISIS-like cultural cleansing.

That's the key difference. I don't see anyone in here blaming islam as a whole, unless i've missed it.

Theres also a pretty significant difference in degree. How often do we see white supremacist groups doing these type of things? Because, radical islam's occurrence of horrendous atrocities is fairly high.

Well, let's see

You know, you and the other "peaceful majority of Muslims" might want to start wiping out your radicals (or at least putting an honest effort towards it) instead of spouting off excuses. Right now the people of the US have shown an INCREDIBLE amount of restraint by trying to coexist peacefully with Muslims in the US. It could very easily go the other way when the patience runs out

Looks like blaming all Muslims for this problem to me.  Exactly what we said was wrong when applied to gun owners and whites following the roof shooting...I didn't see anyone on aps demanding that whites identify and oust racists in their midst.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 07:56:31 AM »
Well, let's see
Looks like blaming all Muslims for this problem to me.  Exactly what we said was wrong when applied to gun owners and whites following the roof shooting...I didn't see anyone on aps demanding that whites identify and oust racists in their midst.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 08:12:34 AM »
Well, let's see

No where in his statement does he blame all Muslims.  What he stated, since reading comprehension fails you, is that Muslims need to start cleaning up there own if they are so peaceful.

My take on this is that, yes more than likely since these Marines were ambushed, if they had been able to have been armed wouldn't have made a difference, but I think it is way beyond time to allow Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, and Coasties to carry a damn firearm just as LEO's are, any damn time and any damn place they wish.  Most of them have just as much if not more and better training than a lot of LEO's.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 08:15:57 AM »
The smear that gun owners and white folks object to is that by owning guns or being white we somehow share the same philosophical system and assumptions as mass murderers or white supremacists.

What DeSelby seems to be implying is that all Muslims don't share the same philosophical/religious system or assumptions as radical Islamists.

The problem for me is that while a majority don't act on it Islam as a system seems to not only bless acts of violence but in some instances require acts of violence.

I'm not sure if a westernized neutered Islam born in the states can be exported to the middle east.  
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 08:32:33 AM »
I think you guys are forgetting what's important here. This is another brilliant success by our government in keeping us safe, by constant, Big Brother surveillance, combined with a policy of keeping stateside Marines safely unarmed. A round of applause...

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2015, 08:34:23 AM »
I think you guys are forgetting what's important here. This is another brilliant success by our government in keeping us safe, by constant, Big Brother surveillance, combined with a policy of keeping stateside Marines safely unarmed.

The disarming of soldiers on base IIRC happened under the first Bush.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
I think you guys are forgetting what's important here. This is another brilliant success by our government in keeping us safe, by constant, Big Brother surveillance, combined with a policy of keeping stateside Marines safely unarmed. A round of applause...
We can always depend on Fistful to point out the upside in everything.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 08:41:23 AM »

I'm thinking it goes back quite a bit farther than that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 08:42:29 AM »

Nobody that I'm aware of thinks southern crackers want to take over the world and impose sharia.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 09:20:34 AM »
Can we stop using the term 'radical islam' already?
The so-called 'radical islamists' are the ones who are following ol' mo's concept of a social/military/political philosophy wrapped in the disguise of a religeon perfectly.

Catholics have a term for 'Catholics' who like the idea of being catholics while picking and choosing what parts of the religeon they will follow - commonly ignoring the church's stance on birth control,  abortion, and cohabitation- cafeteria catholics.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2015, 10:24:13 AM »
I'm thinking it goes back quite a bit farther than that.

Back when I started wearing a uniform, Reagan was in the White House.  Only firearms not locked away in the armory were in the possession of the MPs.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that during WWII, US forces not in combat zones were not authorized to have loaded firearms.  I remember chuckling when I read how many guys were carrying unauthorized handguns concealed in the European theater because they weren't allowed to carry their rifles around on base.  If that was the attitude during an active war, you think it's going to change much because of this?  We know the easy solution would be to authorize sidearms for .mil personnel, but can you imagine the tin foil types if suddenly every guy in uniform starts wearing a duty belt with an M9 here at home?  Even if they authorized concealed carry, the tin foil crowd is going to scream about martial law. 

No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 10:43:46 AM »

I refuse to blame Bush, due to my irrational need to blame all Muslims for everything, despite white racists being responsible for everything in the world that is bad.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 11:13:34 AM »
I refuse to blame Bush, due to my irrational need to blame all Muslims for everything, despite white racists being responsible for everything in the world that is bad.

I like to blame Muslims for contemporary country music and the dearth of Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Hank Williams Sr. on the radio.  And Hormel Chili.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton