Author Topic: Is this the end for Trump?  (Read 17748 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Is this the end for Trump?
« on: October 05, 2016, 07:01:54 PM »
I don't think that Trump is going to be able to recover from this tax issue, even though he did what any other business would do with a loss. Hell, I've done loss carry forward's for just a few hundred dollars.

The media isn't going to explain all of this to the public, and Clinton won't let up (nor will the media). She's already gone back to leading in Ohio and other states Trump only a week ago had taken from her.

Between the tax issue, the Miss Universe concocted story, and Trump's self-destructive behavior, I don't see how it's possible to recover in just 34 days.

As much as I hate the Clintons, and hate Hillary more than Bill, I have to admit that they played this masterfully. The preparation and execution of the Miss Universe "controversy" was flawless. Of course, it's essential to have a compliant media in order to execute such a play. Likewise, I'm sure that the media was primed and ready to go with the tax story, and I would not be the least surprised if it were Clinton or even the IRS that supplied the 1995 return.

Trump is largely responsible for his lot in this race, but I think what's happened with his scandals goes to prove that an outsider can never win in DC. The game will always be rigged.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Is this the end for Trump?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 07:09:04 PM »
34 Days is long time in politics.  Remember less then a month ago it was all about Hillary passing out.

There will be more "October Surprises"  from both camps...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 07:17:17 PM »
I actually don't think this will be that bad for him. Anyone dumb enough not to understand how the tax code works wasn't going to be voting for him in the first place. If anything, it could help him, what with Hillary and the NYT having done the same thing, albeit for lesser amounts of money. Makes them look even more hypocritical, and could sway some independents.

Hillary shouldn't be delving to deep into other people's finances anyway. There could till be some October surprise stuff on more of her shady deals before all is said and done.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 07:43:04 PM »
Not the end of Trump.

People don't care about taxes.  Their minds are already made up, so this won't change anything.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 07:51:55 PM »
There's a segment of the population that still hasn't decided. It's small, but both candidates need them to win. If they haven't decided, then how smart are they? Smart enough to recognize a con?

There's ways for Trump to put this to rest, but I don't think his people know how, and I don't think they have control of him right now.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 08:36:26 PM »
There's a segment of the population that still hasn't decided. It's small, but both candidates need them to win. If they haven't decided, then how smart are they? Smart enough to recognize a con?

There's ways for Trump to put this to rest, but I don't think his people know how, and I don't think they have control of him right now.

I agree. I know a lot of people here disagree and say it doesn't matter, but I believe Trump's spoiled child demeanor and tweeting at 0300 like he's Kim Kardashian, not letting any little slight against him drop, can still lose him the election. I wish he would knock that off and stick to focusing on fiscal policy, which he's quite good at.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 12:06:36 AM »
In an election between Clinton and a rock, I'd vote for the rock.

Unfortunately, Trump has also made the rock the more attractive option.

Sweet Meteor of Death 2016!

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 12:42:32 AM »
The margins are so incredibly close that motivation to vote on the day is what will decide it.  It's very hard to tell who is more gung ho about the election:  people who the Hillary or people who hate trump.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:15:28 AM by De Selby »
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Grebnaws

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 01:21:25 AM »
In the next 34 days Hillary could die of a brain aneurysm on live television, have her brain removed through he nostrils, cranial cavity stuffed with straw, organs pickled and replaced with beany babies, and then be resurrected as a green tinged plastique zombie incapable of forming words and it still wouldn't matter. She won before the primaries were over.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 06:30:45 AM »
In the next 34 days Hillary could die of a brain aneurysm on live television, have her brain removed through he nostrils, cranial cavity stuffed with straw, organs pickled and replaced with beany babies, and then be resurrected as a green tinged plastique zombie incapable of forming words and it still wouldn't matter. She won before the primaries were over.

Pretty much.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 07:17:13 AM »
Based on the thread title, I thought this was a resurrected thread from back in the primaries. Because I have been hearing "Is Trump done" for a long time now.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 08:10:14 AM »

But but you could really show them and vote for the grass!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 08:46:04 AM »

u meen, den hao smart iz thay...is thay.

lrn 2 rite gud damit.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 08:53:17 AM »
ML:

Still a ways to go.  As of today, Trump +2:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_oct06

The margins are so incredibly close that motivation to vote on the day is what will decide it.  It's very hard to tell who is more gung ho about the election:  people who the Hillary or people who hate trump.

Agree with much of DS's analysis.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 09:57:57 AM »

This.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 10:30:24 AM »
I doubt that the tax issue is the last "scandal" that the Hillary campaign is going to pull from their hat. I expect something very big just before the election. I'm sure everyone here agrees that voter fraud will be massive.

I won't feel comfortable until and unless Trump has a substantial lead. He should have Pence training him on how to act.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 10:43:06 AM »

Count me in!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
Undecided voters?  If someone is an undecided voter at this stage of the game, I'd opt for the notion is that they are pretty much ignorant, or brain dead.  I would take out of the undecided group the people who are leaning Libertarian or not voting, who will vote for Trump at the last minute because they just can't stand the idea of Hillary winning.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 11:53:54 AM »
How many people, to include those that are voting for her, are actually hoping for her to keel over dead before the election?

She and Bill have dirt on too many crooked people and one would think that someone might just think it is better for them to be gone than in that position.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »

That goes for both candidates. This is an election where most moderates want Cthulhu to take the world into darkness, and everyone else is voting along party lines--if they can be bothered to vote at all.

The RNC managed to get the only person who could lose to Hillary as the contender against Hillary.

The lizard-person everyone hates versus the lunatic.

The DNC managed to show it's voting base is no match for it's internal corruption and the RNC managed to show no-one's at the wheel.

Poly-sci people are going to be writing papers about this election cycle for the next 25 years.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 07:44:57 PM »
That goes for both candidates. This is an election where most moderates want Cthulhu to take the world into darkness, and everyone else is voting along party lines--if they can be bothered to vote at all.

The RNC managed to get the only person who could lose to Hillary as the contender against Hillary.

The lizard-person everyone hates versus the lunatic.

The DNC managed to show it's voting base is no match for it's internal corruption and the RNC managed to show no-one's at the wheel.

Poly-sci people are going to be writing papers about this election cycle for the next 25 years.

Disagree about potential against Hillary.  She would've wiped the floor with any of the other contenders. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 10:55:02 PM »
Disagree about potential against Hillary.  She would've wiped the floor with any of the other contenders.

Hillary is not and was not that good. Trump was that bad in the last hour. There were other Republican candidates who could have trounced her. It looks like Pence could do that as well.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 11:18:10 PM »
Hillary is not and was not that good. Trump was that bad in the last hour. There were other Republican candidates who could have trounced her. It looks like Pence could do that as well.

You're dreaming there.  No establishment candidate had a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Clintons at the politics as usual game.

Bush?  Rubio?  Cruz?  You'd get better results substituting prayers for voting.

What Trump achieved was successful direct communication, and because he isn't bound by interest groups, he can say things in simple common sense fashion.

Illegal immigrants?  Kick em out

Terrorists?  Kill them, don't let them in, don't get stuck in quagmires that benefit no average Americans

Economy?  Stop letting corporations make billions by impoverishing our country

These are things that actually aren't controversial to most Americans,  but they'll never be said by a career politician.  There are too many elites whose interests are opposed.  No one else in the field was capable of speaking with as much clarity.

What the Clintons are doing now is trying to focus everyone on the irrelevant 1% of what Trump says.  Why should I care if he's a hole to beauty queens, or he called Obama a Muslim?  Those things have got absolutely zero to do with the policy issues that need addressing.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 12:08:24 AM »
Se Selby, I was talking about the debates in particulaar, not the campaign.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 01:33:35 AM »
I've said it elsewhere, if what Trump did was actually illegal and Clinton ends up winning, she will probably just pardon him... I'm surprised that wasn't ever brought up.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic