Author Topic: Bible fun  (Read 3325 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Bible fun
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2006, 05:52:46 PM »
"How would you translate them?"

Give me a few minutes to brush up on my ancient Aramaic.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Bible fun
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2006, 07:24:11 PM »
Aren't these lines from the Hebrew?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

S_O_Laban

• friend
Bible fun
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2006, 07:45:13 PM »
Quote from: Stand_watie
On my anger toward God for life's hardships.

Job 38
Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 'who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding...'
On the meaning of life, what God demands of me.

Ecclesiastes 12

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
On the route to finding God.

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not
On forgiveness for others.

Act 7

And they stoned Stephen, [who was] calling upon God, and saying, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit'. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, 'Lord, lay not this sin to their charge'. And when he had said this, he fell asleep
And perhaps the most stirring words in the Bible, spoken not by a human at all to the 'two Mary's' and Joanna

Luke 24
'And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, 'Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen...'
Excellent choice.  Job ranks right up there in MHO.

One to help get through all that life throws at you.

Romans 8:28 (King James Version)

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Which begs the question: Do we love God? Smiley