Author Topic: We lost one of our own 13May06  (Read 1081 times)

Trisha

• friend
We lost one of our own 13May06
« on: May 19, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »
I checked with Oleg and Preacherman to be directed here as the appropriate place to post news about the senseless death of a young, single mother who studied TaeKwonDo, was a certified EMT with a full time (and then some) job with an ambulance service down in Denver - and she always took open shifts with us, Platte Canyon Rescue Service as a volunteer (no hourly pay; we can only afford to pay for gas as honorarium). . .

And she was looking forward to going shooting with Kathryn and me later this month if she could find the time.  

Sara leaves behind a three year old son, Blake.

Sara's funeral was yesterday (Thursday, the 18th).

http://www.hightimbernews.com/story_display.php?sid=2992

The other driver was released from the hospital today.

Those here who might contribute to Blake's trust fund, please, anything is appreciated.  It's being administered by his grandparents.

When one of us falls, another stands.

I remember Sara.  She is missed.

Trisha
and cello sonatas flow through the air. . .

"Diversity is our strength!"

spinr

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 02:03:30 AM »
I don't normally post in threads of this nature.  Don't know why, I just... don't.

But, this just hit some kind of nerve I guess. :/  Makes my current state of agony seem really insignificant.

Sad

My sincerest sympathies on your loss.

Bless you Sara...  now, rest in peace.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 06:19:56 AM »
Sad that the world loses a good person, when they are in so short supply, and to leave behind such a young son, too. Sad Sorry for your loss Trisha.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Trisha

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 07:23:16 AM »
Lest anyone believe we in EMS have focused solely on Sara, today a crew and senior members of the Board of Directors of PCRS are going to visit with the younger woman who fall asleep (as she's been released from the hospital) at the wheel, and her family

There is no animosity.

Several of us with PCRS have mentioned we're reminded of a philosophy we're using to approach not just this week, but this tourist/fire season and beyond:

"Enjoy every sandwich."

Life is short.  Live it; contribute to your community; and live in the company of those you would deliberately choose, should this be the last day you are given.

Take care out there.

Trisha
and cello sonatas flow through the air. . .

"Diversity is our strength!"

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
Trisha, I'm sorry about your friend. Sad

bermbuster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 11:13:55 AM »
Life is so short.  Trisha, I am sorry for you and for the family of your friend.