Author Topic: Agony!  (Read 1229 times)

spinr

Agony!
« on: May 20, 2006, 01:58:29 AM »
I find it rather odd I'm posting about this at all.  Seeing as how my desk chair here at the computer is the only thing that provides a modicum of comfort to sit in and that my head seems to be filled with delusional notions right now, maybe not...

I went to bed around 2:00 A.M., after having fell asleep on the couch for about an hour and half, or so.  Somewhere between 2:00 and 6:00, I recall having some kind of horribly convoluted dream.  I honestly can't recall the specifics, but I just got this feeling it was really *expletive deleted*ed up.  At some point during my nocturnal hallucination, I do recall experiencing a god-awful pain in my lower back.  I didn't wake up at that point, though... I think.  The best I can tell, I fell back asleep and woke up just a while ago around 6:00, with the god-awful pain still there.

I struggled to stand up, and hobbled to the bathroom to take a leak.  That wasn't fun. Sad

I limped around the house some more, hoping it might work itself out, but eventually found it was all I could do to stand.  I grabbed a handful of OTC analgesics and a heating pad, and made my way to where I'm at now...  In my three year old, clearance priced, Staples desk chair at the computer.

The pain seems to be a bit better, but then I haven't tried to stand in about an hour.

I don't get this at all.  I just can't imagine what precipitated this.  I mowed the yard yesterday, but didn't experience any ill effects at the time.  And I felt fine for the duration of last night.  This is just out of the blue.

The damndest thing is that I'm supposed to leave in a few hours for my vacation to the coast.  angry

I know, I know... go see a doctor.  I suppose that would be safest, but I've got enough of a medical background to know that he'll likely say, take it easy, do some drugs, put heat on it, it'll get better over time.  Then again, it could be argued that I have enough of a medical background to know better than to just shrug it off.  

rolleyes

Man, what a bitch...

Azrael256

• friend
Agony!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 02:21:11 AM »
Um...  yeah...  agonizing back pain that won't go away is usually a sign that you need to consult a doctor.

Or maybe it will clear up in an hour or so and you'll never have a problem again.  Who knows?

I hope you feel better.  Remember: I'm pullin' for ya.  We're all in this together.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Agony!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:30:53 AM »
Sounds like you pulled out your back muscle thrashing around with whatever was chasing you in your dreams. I've done that to my leg before.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Agony!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »
About 3 weekends ago I was moving furniture from the upstairs to the basement.  Wife wasn't being any realisitc help, so I did the natural male thing:  Got pissed off, didn't ask for any other form of help, and moved it myself.  I was pretty much incapacitated for a week with back pain and spasms.  Sucks bigtime.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Agony!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 08:34:24 AM »
Depending on the degree, if it's flank pain and absolutely the worst pain you've ever experienced, could be a kidney stone dropping down to your bladder.

Enjoy.
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

bermbuster

• friend
Agony!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 09:18:45 AM »
Be alert for pain radiating down your hip or leg or any points of numbness in your butt or leg(s).  Could be a pinched nerve.  Otherwise it sounds like a pulled muscle.  Give it a few days and go to a doctor.  If your foot starts getting numb go to a doctor right away.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Agony!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 09:28:20 AM »
I feel your pain.

I've woken up with back pain every day for the last 25 years. Occasionally it will go out and I'll be in a world of hurt.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.