Author Topic: "I am the only one professional enough ..." redux  (Read 2139 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I am the only one professional enough ..." redux
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:45:13 PM »
Chino PD officer has a negligent discharge at elementary school during "gun safety demonstration":

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/3-children-treated-after-police-gun-discharges-4920644.php

Three children suffered minor injuries.

Maybe the cops should use airsoft for these demonstrations.  Or those hunks of blue plastic that only look like guns.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Lee

• friend
Re: "I am the only one professional enough ..." redux
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:56:18 PM »
WTH- the article says it was mounted on a motorcyle. What was this...
MotoCop?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:28:51 PM »
CHINO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a police gun accidentally fired police officer negligently discharged a firearm during an anti-drug program at a Southern California school and three children were treated for minor injuries.

Tamrin Olden of the Chino Police Department says the gun was mounted on a police motorcycle that was on display at Newman Elementary School when it went off the officer discharged it shortly after 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Fixed for accurateness.

I hate it when the press deliberately uses passive tense verbs when exculpating cops of stuff like this... "three children were treated for minor injuries" rather than "causing injury to 3 children whom paramedics treated for minor injuries." 

Had it been a non-shiny-badger who fired the weapon there would be a lot less passive tense going on here.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »
They just mentioned this on the news. They're saying some kid walked up & pulled the trigger while the gun was still mounted on the bike. I'm wondering why it was loaded & one in the chamber.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:25:47 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »
Any idea of the firearm involved?  I recall seeing years ago a photo of an HK MP5 mounted on a motorcycle near where saddlebags are, and a short barreled pump shotgun with side-folding stock in a similar spot.

No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 10:04:17 PM »
Any idea of the firearm involved?  I recall seeing years ago a photo of an HK MP5 mounted on a motorcycle near where saddlebags are, and a short barreled pump shotgun with side-folding stock in a similar spot.

At the moment, the article calls it an 'assault rifle' (which, with reporter parlance, could be anything from a mortar to a blowpipe) and says a kid touched a round off, not the cop. Still rather... odd that the cops were running around with a loaded weapon they paid no heed to.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
At the moment, the article calls it an 'assault rifle' (which, with reporter parlance, could be anything from a mortar to a blowpipe) and says a kid touched a round off, not the cop. Still rather... odd that the cops were running around with a loaded weapon they paid no heed to.

Yeah, when my local PD did an open house, they had all their SWAT gear out, and were letting kids handlebthe vests, helmets, etc.  Guns?  Blue guns.  No worries about anything that way.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »
As I said in the other thread, these police officers need to be turned into British Bobbies.  They can't be trusted with firearms anymore.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »
As I said in the other thread, these police officers need to be turned into British Bobbies.  They can't be trusted with firearms anymore.

And the anti's say we should only rely on these highly trained "professionals" to protect us, instead of relying on ourselves.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 11:52:52 PM »
Fixed for accurateness.

I hate it when the press deliberately uses passive tense verbs when exculpating cops of stuff like this... "three children were treated for minor injuries" rather than "causing injury to 3 children whom paramedics treated for minor injuries."  

Had it been a non-shiny-badger who fired the weapon there would be a lot less passive tense going on here.

Except that your "fix" deviates significantly from the facts regarding what actually happened. It was, in fact, a non-shiny-badger who pulled the trigger.

This incident illustrates why Eddy Eagle is still a good idea. Kids need to understand that when you move that little metal lever down there, bad things can happen.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 11:53:45 PM »
WTH- the article says it was mounted on a motorcyle. What was this...
MotoCop?

When I was at an airshow I saw a cop on a motorcycle that had some type of short barreled AR secured to the side.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 08:19:39 AM »
Fixed for truthiness.

Fixed for moar truthiness
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog