Author Topic: Remember what they say about cheerleaders?....  (Read 4658 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: Remember what they say about cheerleaders?....
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 03:35:28 AM »
I've known a few cheerleaders.  Interestingly, the few I knew were very intelligent.  One of them was an honors student in college who went into marketing, another was an economics major like me who ended up becoming a news reporter last I heard from her.  There was another one whom I've lost touch with, but she was also pretty intelligent.  I think she was an accounting major.  All I remember about her otherwise was that she got lots and lots of tension headaches and was always popping pills for them.  I felt bad for her because she really seemed to be suffering.

Then there were a bunch that I met in passing, and some were in clubs and/or professional fraternities with me.  They all seemed nice and relatively intelligent.  It was only in high school that the cheerleaders were mind-numbingly stupid.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Remember what they say about cheerleaders?....
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 05:05:20 AM »
Disclaimer: former high school athlete (football, wrestling, weight lifting)

Our cheerleaders were of average to above-average intelligence.  (And not just relative to the cheerleader stereotype.)  That is to be expected given the general student population.  Even the most apparently ditzy cheerleader was no knucklehead.  Form my observations, she was a very nice girl who went the extra mile & laid it on extra-thick for effect.

I would rate the captain of the squad to be particularly astute, considering she managed a scholarship to her preferred state school, had several college prep classes with me and (most importantly) wanted to date me senior year. Wink
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton