Author Topic: Merry Christmas Thread  (Read 1658 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Merry Christmas Thread
« on: December 25, 2010, 08:06:19 AM »
Merry Christmas to all....and to all a good morning....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Merry Christmas Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »
Our dog got us a Christmas present this year (though I suspect the wife may have had something to do with it). Castle, Season One.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 11:20:49 AM »
Apparently I done good by buying that Kindle for the wife.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »
Ho
Ho
Ho!

My FIL is very impressed with his new PF 9.  Kids have more loot then they know what to do with.  Wife isn't feeling well, probably too much country cookin yesterday.  Not a bad day at all.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 11:49:48 AM »
Merry Christmas to all the APS'rs and their families also!!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »
I think Santa had a small navigational error. Our power went out at 10. I was hoping for a white Christmas, but I got a black Christmas instead.
D. R. ZINN

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »
Bah, humbug!   :P

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
I'm still at work. Yay me.

If any of you west of me are wondering why the jolly fat man hasn't brought you anything yet, it's 'cause I caught him trying to breach security at 0117 hours. He's currently zip tied and sitting in a supply closet while I wait for the interrogation unit from Langley to show up and disappear him to a non-Geneva Convention country. His sleigh and reindeer have already been sent over to DARPA for reverse engineering.  >:D

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 01:29:52 PM »
Working too. This morning and tonight.
D. R. ZINN

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »
Sittin at the old lady's parents house talking to her dad and reading about the 1858 New Model Army I found under the tree. :)
Merry christmas!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!

I made out pretty well. I'd asked for photography stuff and booze, and got most of it. :)

Also got a Kindle I'm busy filling up with books I had on my Amazon wishlist in anticipation of the gift.

I'm up at my folks and have had great Xmas weather (for California anyway) and some of the best late season dove hunting in years. Doves are cooking alongside the Christmas turkey as I type.

Hope everyone else is having an enjoyable and restful day!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »
Sitting at the hospital. Baby #1 was born yesterday evening; we (by which I mean my wife) got him here before Christmas at least! We were hoping for his sake he didn't come today.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »
Doing my usual.  Cleaned up and organized my buddies garage, nailed the edge molding back on the storage unit he clipped, putting up a tennis ball for him to sight on when coming into the garage, drank some coffee, read the news on the lap top, drank some more coffee and am waiting to go to someone's house my wife knows and I have met once I think.

Later on my son will show up and suck up some beers and have me help him fix the money pit he is driving.

Other than that, not much going on here.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 03:41:58 PM »
"Merry Christmas" back at y'all!

Santa dropped off new netbooks for SWMBO and me, so I'm kicked back in bed slowly configuring, loading, and generally getting used to mine.  I'm taking 2 weeks vacation and it looks like it'll take a lot of that 2 weeks to get these netbooks to where we both want them.  Stayed up way too late last night, slept in way too late this morning.  Gonna be a nice holiday/vacation.  I hope all of you have nice ones too.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »
Doing my usual.  Cleaned up and organized my buddies garage, nailed the edge molding back on the storage unit he clipped, putting up a tennis ball for him to sight on when coming into the garage, drank some coffee, read the news on the lap top, drank some more coffee and am waiting to go to someone's house my wife knows and I have met once I think.

Later on my son will show up and suck up some beers and have me help him fix the money pit he is driving.

Other than that, not much going on here.

We just cleaned out the chicken coop  :P

Maybe I shouldn't be quite so scroogical ... one of my daughters gave me an Aussie bush hat  :cool:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
Congratulations Marnoot!!!

I think the Mrs got a little carried away with shopping this year. Since I'm at work today, I'll find out for sure tonight...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 04:42:29 PM »
That is really special, Marnoot.  Congratulations to you and the Mrs.
And Merry Christmas to every APSer (even the mods  =D  )!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »
We got a White Christmas here in Upstate SC. Mountains are getting a ton of snow, we are supposed to get a few inches. Not sure when the last time that happened. Just thanking ^^ for small blessings today.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »
Merry Christmas. I need to find a second job now fo sho. 

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 08:46:34 PM »
Got word yesterday that a good friend of mine is in the hospital with an abdominal anurism.  Came suddenly, no warning.  I got hold of his wife this morning, then him in his hospital room.  It's only swollen, hasn't burst.  He'll be OK, probably.

Sitting at the hospital. Baby #1 was born yesterday evening; we (by which I mean my wife) got him here before Christmas at least! We were hoping for his sake he didn't come today.

Heh!  26 years ago, kid #3 was born, day after Christmas.

Quote from: JamisJockey
My FIL is very impressed with his new PF 9.

Coolness.

My brother, niece and I went out late and ran a mag or two each on the gun I picked up Thursday, a 9mm Firestar.  Too cold to do more than that.  It shoots where I point it.  One hefty cannon, barely bigger dimensionally than the PF9, but more than twice the weight.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 01:19:19 AM »
SWMBO lurves her new sewing machine.  And that one covers me for Christmas, our anniversary (in a few days), her birthday (in a month) and Mothers Day.

Marnoot - CONGRATS!!!  Hope you slept while you had the chance.

Merry Christmas!!!
Formerly sumpnz

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »
Marnoot!

Congrats!

If you find that you enjoy being a Dad, they know what causes that now and you can up your game.  You'll enjoy that too.   =D

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »
Thanks all! I'm wishing I'd put some sleep in a savings account... didn't get too much last night. Baby and mom are doing well, though. :)