Main Forums > Politics

Obama starts getting honest, already.

(1/6) > >>

Manedwolf:

--- Quote --- Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- President-elect Barack Obama said reviving the U.S. economy will require scaling back on his campaign promises and personal sacrifice from all Americans.

“I want to be realistic here, not everything that we talked about during the campaign are we going to be able to do on the pace we had hoped,” Obama said in an interview on ABC’s “This Week” program broadcast this morning. “Everybody’s going to have to give.”
--- End quote ---

Uh-huh. He didn't add "or else", though.

The Democrat mantra, I can hear it now.

RAISE TAXES!

RAISE TAXES!

RAISE TAXES!

And note the slickness of the lie. He's not breaking his promises. He has to scale them back because of the economy.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a3YMkstD3JzA

Perd Hapley:
Isn't it obvious?  It's George Bush's fault.  Bush and Cheney and the other evil Republicans messed up the economy worse than we thought; mainly by way of "this notion" of a free market/laissez faire/deregulation.

"We didn't know how bad it was.  George Bush messed things up really bad," will be a frequent refrain for the Odministration.   

Standing Wolf:

--- Quote ---Obama starts getting honest, already.
--- End quote ---

Congenital liars never get honest. They sometimes appear to be honest, but that's the extent of it.

lone_gunman:

--- Quote ---The Democrat mantra, I can hear it now.

RAISE TAXES!
--- End quote ---

I am not Obama fan, and certainly did not vote for him.  But he has already proposed lowering some taxes, and has decided that we need to continue the Bush tax cuts for now.  Why do you think the Democrat mantra will be "raise taxes"?  He seems to be going in the right direction on this to me.

Also, Bush and associates really have messed things up really really bad, and he will probably have to spend most of his presidency simply undoing the mistakes of the past.

Monkeyleg:

--- Quote ---Also, Bush and associates really have messed things up really really bad...
--- End quote ---

Oh, do you mean causing the mortgage meltdown (which led to our current economic situation) by enacting the Community Reinvestment Act in the 1970's? Or "strengthening" the CRA in the late 1990's to require lenders to issue mortgages to people who couldn't afford them?

Or do you mean when Bush started warning about the looming mortgage crisis in 2005?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version