Main Forums > Politics

Obama starts getting honest, already.

<< < (2/6) > >>

lone_gunman:
Well he had 8 years to do something about it, and 4 of those were with a Republican controlled House and Senate.

Not saying Bush causes all the problems we have today, but he did nothing to stop them.  But I am not trying to bash Bush here.  His presidency is almost over, we need to put that behind us and look forward.  I voted for him twice even.

Manedwolf:

--- Quote from: lone_gunman on January 12, 2009, 11:14:59 PM ---Well he had 8 years to do something about it, and 4 of those were with a Republican controlled House and Senate.

Not saying Bush causes all the problems we have today, but he did nothing to stop them.  But I am not trying to bash Bush here.  His presidency is almost over, we need to put that behind us and look forward.  I voted for him twice even.

--- End quote ---

Soooo....it's Bush's fault, because he couldn't manage to undo all the damage the Democrats were actively doing.

It's the firefighter's fault for burning down the house because they couldn't put out the fires the arsonists were setting?

Nitrogen:

--- Quote from: Manedwolf on January 13, 2009, 12:21:15 AM ---Soooo....it's Bush's fault, because he couldn't manage to undo all the damage the Democrats were actively doing.

It's the firefighter's fault for burning down the house because they couldn't put out the fires the arsonists were setting?

--- End quote ---

Pretty much, if the are sitting around watching the fire burn, refusing to turn on the hoses because some influential people might complain if they get wet.

BMacklem:
It doesn't matter WHO was president at the time the mortgage "crisis" hit the meltdown point, had it been any other republican, or a democrat, it was the democrats who consistently stymied any and ALL legislation to put some oversight into the lending industries.
The republicans have tried repeatedly to get some form of governmental controls put into the financial/lending industries, and were thwarted time and time again, because the Dems like Barney Frank and co. kept saying it was a non-issue.
And there are videos of all the top brass of Fannie May/Freddie Mac and their lackeys all sying that they had pleanty of control of what was going on, and that there was nothing to worry about.
Here you go... it's not Bush's fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

Here's Clintons administration admitting it's involvement in the housing problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivmL-lXNy64

Here's the Bush warnings about what is going on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&feature=related

Manedwolf:

--- Quote from: Nitrogen on January 13, 2009, 12:28:11 AM ---Pretty much, if the are sitting around watching the fire burn, refusing to turn on the hoses because some influential people might complain if they get wet.

--- End quote ---

Um. The republicans TRIED to get oversight on Fannie and Freddie, remember? And the architects of the debacle, Frank, Schumer, BLOCKED it every time!

And now Frank has the gall to stand up there and call for regulation, lying every time he slurs out garbage in a way that makes me want to throw something at the screen. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version