Main Forums > Politics

H.R. 45

(1/3) > >>

Fjolnirsson:
Get your pens out, folks. That sure didn't take long....

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:h.r.00045:

--- Quote ---SEC. 101. LICENSING REQUIREMENT.

Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(aa) Firearm Licensing Requirement-

`(1) IN GENERAL- It shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to possess a qualifying firearm on or after the applicable date, unless that person has been issued a firearm license--

`(A) under title I of Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, which license has not been invalidated or revoked under that title; or

`(B) pursuant to a State firearm licensing and record of sale system certified under section 602 of Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, which license has not been invalidated or revoked under State law.

`(2) APPLICABLE DATE- In this subsection, the term `applicable date' means--

`(A) with respect to a qualifying firearm that is acquired by the person before the date of the enactment of Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, 2 years after such date of enactment; and

`(B) with respect to a qualifying firearm that is acquired by the person on or after the date of the enactment of Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, 1 year after such date of enactment.'.

--- End quote ---

Manedwolf:
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=17216.msg321296#msg321296

Fjolnirsson:

--- Quote from: Manedwolf on January 14, 2009, 01:14:23 PM ---http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=17216.msg321296#msg321296

--- End quote ---

Well, crap. Guess I'm slow on the uptake.

41magsnub:
Actually the other thread does not go into detail on this.  I read the bill but never saw a definition of what a qualifying firearm is.  Did I miss it or is it just not there?

Manedwolf:

--- Quote from: 41magsnub on January 14, 2009, 03:48:13 PM ---Actually the other thread does not go into detail on this.  I read the bill but never saw a definition of what a qualifying firearm is.  Did I miss it or is it just not there?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---     SEC. 3. DEFINITIONS.

(a) In General- In this Act:

(1) FIREARM; LICENSED DEALER; LICENSED MANUFACTURER; STATE- The terms `firearm', `licensed dealer', `licensed manufacturer', and `State' have the meanings given those terms in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code.

(2) QUALIFYING FIREARM- The term `qualifying firearm' has the meaning given the term in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, as amended by subsection (b) of this section.

(b) Amendment to Title 18, United States Code- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(36) The term `qualifying firearm'--

`(A) means--

`(i) any handgun; or

`(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device; and

`(B) does not include any antique.'.
--- End quote ---

It would make it illegal for you to own guns you already own unless you play their game, get their licenses, and subject yourself to constant scrutiny and even inspections.

Also, if you fail to report the theft of a firearm within 72 hours, or if a bureaucrat fails to process your report of such, you would be sent to prison for five years.

It is war on law-abiding firearms owners, pure and simple. No other description for it.

And:

--- Quote ---SEC. 801. INAPPLICABILITY TO GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITIES.

This Act and the amendments made by this Act shall not apply to any department or agency of the United States, of a State, or of a political subdivision of a State, or to any official conduct of any officer or employee of such a department or agency.
--- End quote ---

If you read that, you see why people are saying "If they try to pass that, that's The Line."

NRA-ILA seems to be asleep at the wheel on it, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version