Author Topic: One more bit of Grand Rapids help requested  (Read 619 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
One more bit of Grand Rapids help requested
« on: May 23, 2006, 12:23:44 PM »
Where are the ranges and gun shops?  And are there any public outdoor hockey rinks?

I ended up in the SE corner, BTW, right on the edge of Kentwood.  Having fun so far, except for the fact it is a big city, and those I dislike.  Having fun being able to watch live hockey again, although for not much longer.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:05:09 PM »
Uhhh, we don't have snow and cold here after May 15th Jefnvk.  All the ice has melted.

There is a fine indoor range and gunshop at Silver Bullet at 5121 S. Division.  Probably near you as Division divides Kentwood and Wyoming.  There are several private shooting clubs around.  (not many)  The only public one I know of is the Kent County Conservation League   8461 Conservation NE, Ada.  616-676-1056.  They can direct you to other clubs.  Most of us rednecks go out into the Cannonsburg, Rogue River Game areas or the Manistee National Forest,  and find a hill and an old stump.

PS: The Griffins will probably not survive the trip to Milwaukee and we'll be done in again after the best season in 10 years.  Sigh.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 06:02:33 PM »
I'll be in Kentwood this weekend for the State meet.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 06:55:25 PM »
OK, no ice is going to be a geographocal shock to me.  Don't know how I am going to survive.  Either way, I'm more of a roller hockey guy anyways.

And I like the woods idea, thats my normal range.  Is the Silver Bullet a public range?

As far as the Griffins, I agree.  Watched a couple games against the Moose, and I'm suprised they made it past that round.  definitely a talented team, they just seem to break down just like the Wings did.

And unfortunately, I'm gone this weekend.  No one told me anything fun was going on around here, so I'm going to go play with my toys, and pick which get to come back
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 01:19:41 AM »
Yea, I'm not going to have any socializing time outside of the meet, but small world, huh?