Author Topic: No more personal or religious exemptions to vaccinations in California  (Read 1456 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/30/health/california-vaccine-bill/

Governor Jerry Brown signed this today.  I will be interested to see if other states follow suit.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
I will be more interested in seeing if it survives its first court challenge.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

dogmush

• friend
Jenny McCarthy is a religious prophet now?  ??? ???

MechAg94

• friend
California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed legislation outlawing a family's personal and religious beliefs as reasons to exempt their children from school vaccinations.
Is this just public school vaccinations or private also?  Is is only required for kids in school?  Just curious because I can see if winning in court on that basis.

Screw those dang conservative republicans forcing people to.............oh wait. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Home school  ;)   :cool:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Is this just public school vaccinations or private also?  Is is only required for kids in school?  Just curious because I can see if winning in court on that basis.

Screw those dang conservative republicans forcing people to.............oh wait. 

From the article:

Under the proposal, if a parent chooses to not vaccinate their child, the parent would have to home-school their child, participate in a multifamily private home-school or use public school independent study that's administered by local education agencies, according to Pan and co-sponsor Sen. Ben Allen, former board president of the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Not sure of what use these sorts of requirements are, since every vax paperwork list I have seen could be produced with MS Word.  Some were as simple as a hand-written note.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Not sure of what use these sorts of requirements are, since every vax paperwork list I have seen could be produced with MS Word.  Some were as simple as a hand-written note.

Obamacare mandates that records go electronic.  I'm sure at some point there will be a database that the government can access to check.   [tinfoil]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
^^^For example, here in Washington state, the state Department of Health runs an electronic database called Child Profile, that keeps childhood immunization records.  Many other states have something similar.