Author Topic: Obama blames FNC....again  (Read 3272 times)

Don't care

Obama blames FNC....again
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:52:34 AM »
... (I) would be “ahead by 2 to 3 more points, if there was no Fox News.”

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2223

Of course, he did the same thing back in May.

He also blamed Fox News for disseminating "rumors" about him and said that that and e-mails filled with misinformation that have been "systematically" dispersed have hurt him in Kentucky.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/37388.html

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Obama blames FNC....again
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:09:03 AM »
Finally, Obama and I agree on something.

The FNC is a decent carbine.  I had two, but never dug the front sight or its grip.  It was on the pudgy side.  Glad I trade both for three Colt 6920s a piece and a Smith 317 for my nephew and a bunch of AK ammo.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 10:23:38 AM »
I was thinking something similar.  What has he got against the FN company.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 11:22:26 AM »
Does that mean that McCain would be ahead by 10 points if only it weren't for CNN, NBC, ABC, and CBS???
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »

FN makes guns, so Obama hates them.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:29:37 AM »
Whiner.  Now you know what he thinks of freedom of the press.   :rolleyes:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 02:10:04 PM »
Does that mean that McCain would be ahead by 10 points if only it weren't for CNN, NBC, ABC, and CBS???

Wait, you think that isn't true?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 02:17:42 PM »
Wait, you think that isn't true?

The estimate last election by a fellow liberal pundit was that the difference the media makes by being in the tank for the Dems is 15%.

But he could have been boasting rather than estimating.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »
The estimate last election by a fellow liberal pundit was that the difference the media makes by being in the tank for the Dems is 15%.

But he could have been boasting rather than estimating.

THat isn't the problem. Consider the influence these people have on the overall political climate between elections, rather than  the outcome of each specific election.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »

Obama and his "spiritual bretheren" are more the AK-type....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

ArmedBear

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »
"Because the way I'm portrayed 24/7 is as a freak! I am the latte-sipping, New York Times-reading, Volvo-driving, no-gun-owning, effete, politically correct, arrogant liberal. Who wants somebody like that?"

Uh, what?

First off, how does drinking a Latte make one a "freak"? Driving a Volvo? Reading the NYT? Or any of that stuff?

It may be a stereotype, but I've met the people this refers to. Lots of them. Whether or not one might care to spend a Saturday among them, these are real people in today's America, not "freaks." And they're Obama's demographic.

Is Obama trying to say that he's a Bud-swilling guy who reads Hustler, drives an old pickup with gun racks, tells jokes about Mexicans, is rather humble, and politically conservative?!?

I mean, seriously, no matter what kind of car he drives, or if he prefers cappuccinos to lattes, Obama IS "that guy."

So what? And what, exactly, is anyone supposed to do? Pretend he's NOT? He sure doesn't, at least when he's talking to his money people in the Bay Area or wherever.

Did he mean "ahole" instead of "freak"? Because I'd say that he does come off as an ahole, especially in this case. If he really IS an ahole, doesn't the First Amendment protect the right to say so?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:58:11 PM by ArmedBear »

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 10:46:33 PM »
BHO is more of a one-party, controlled media kind o' guy.

You know, like his spiritual cousin Hugo Chavez.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

ArmedBear

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 12:42:32 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 09:11:21 AM »
BHO is more of a one-party, controlled media kind o' guy.

You know, like his spiritual cousin Hugo Chavez.
I think that is very close to the truth. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge