Author Topic: CBS news spin  (Read 3688 times)

coppertales

• friend
CBS news spin
« on: October 16, 2008, 03:53:29 PM »
Over on the CBS news site there is a long article reporting that "Joe the plumber" who reported that Nobama is going to play Robin Hood with people who make over 250000 bucks a year, does not have a plumbing license.  They make it sound like he is not qualified to make his statements because of this.  Another attempt of the MSM trying to cover up something that points fault at their favorite obama........chris3

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: CBS news spin
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »
Does one need a license to plumb in Ohio?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:57:16 PM »
not if one is buying the buisness.  one needs to employ a licensed plumber though
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »
ABC News found that he does not have a plumber's license, and does not need one because he is the sole employee of a small plumbing firm that does residential work. This small firm is the business Wurzelbacher described to Obama as making more than $250,000 per year.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_the_Plumber
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »
I wish the MSM took as much interest in BHO's background.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 10:01:22 PM »
I wish the MSM took as much interest in BHO's background.

Joe Plumber isn't even running for office  :rolleyes:

yet ...  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:37:05 PM »
Stay tuned: The Media versus The People.

At some point, watching the press rip a "neighbor" to shreds, "we" will have finally had enough.  That point may come sooner than many think.

McCain should take on the media head-on--but he won't.  Others will, though, and many will identify with Joe the P.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »
Email sent to nationalreview.com:

I don't know why I'm e-mailing you, except that I just need to vent to someone on The Corner. Pass this around to the others if you like — I bet I'm not the only one.

I really don't like McCain. I'll probably vote for him just as a vote for divided government. I'm far too libertarian in my leanings to be comfortable with McCain (or Obama, for that matter).

That said, the way the pro-Obama media and bloggers, and Obama himself, have responded to Joe has got me nearly shaking with rage. They are attempting to destroy a man — a private citizen — who had the audacity to ask The One a question. Mind you, Joe was on his front lawn playing football with his son when Obama strolled up to give him his hopenchange spiel. Obama approached Joe, not the other way around. And Joe asked Obama an honest question. And Obama gave him an honest — and very, very revealing — answer. Again, mind you, the embarassment was on Obama's end, not Joe's. It wasn't a gotcha question.

And yet, for that Joe is being pilloried, every aspect of his private and professional life being sorted through and exposed. To prove ... what? What does that have to do with Obama's answer? What does Joe's situation have to do with Obama's philosophical answer — that he wants to "spread the wealth"? Obama's answer goes down the memory hole while the nation concentrates its fire on obliterating Joe the Plumber.

It's sickening, it's maddening and it's downright chilling.

Sorry for the length. But I am just SEETHING.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 12:57:01 AM »
The media vipers are really quite taken with themselves, but I think they are on very dangerous ground.  Sarah Palin is a public official, and what they're doing to her is bad enough, but this guy is EveryMan.  This will reverberate.  People can turn on you like that.  Are you hearing that, Sen. Obama?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

ArmedBear

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:05:30 AM »
Spread the word.

My only concern is that a lot of people don't pay any attention, and will go pull the lever in November based on, well, nothing much.

Owens

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 09:18:24 PM »
I have pondered this for quite a while now.

Most people don't know that a broadcast station holds their license from the FCC 'in the public trust'. When they are up for renewal, they need to show that they are serving the public.

What if...
When a station is up for renewal (can be found out with a quick phone call) they and the FCC were flooded with letters about how they weren't holding the trust?  Slanted reports, half truths, out-right lies, deception, etc complaints ARE  not serving the public trust. Especially their stumping for Obama (influencing an election??).

The television broadcast industry was GIVEN the RF spectrum they use in exchange for holding the public trust. Theoretically, betray the trust, lose the license.

Just a thought and maybe an idea?
Life Member NRA, TSRA

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 09:37:47 PM »
You would have to challenge the licenses of most or all the stations in a network to have any real effect.  It's the stations that are licensed, not the networks themselves.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

crawdaddyjim

• Alien
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 10:14:23 PM »
I will donate $100.00 to Mr.Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher so that he may move to a more hospitable state of residence and start his plumbing business.

Who is with me?

For crying out loud the man was in his own front yard and Senator Gooberment approached him! It is high time the reporters who have perpetrated this affront on him payed dearly for their misdeed!

Jim

Owens

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 10:54:11 PM »
You would have to challenge the licenses of most or all the stations in a network to have any real effect.  It's the stations that are licensed, not the networks themselves.

True. But..how would the networks react if enough of their distribution centers were having difficulty in renewal? They might just get the message. If enough people wrote, MAYBE things would change. Don't we as shooters write various agencies and at times make headway?

Change can come voluntarily from the top down or involuntarily from the bottom up.

I'm just thinking out loud here.
Life Member NRA, TSRA