Author Topic: Believe and Achieve: A Vision for Success  (Read 3052 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Believe and Achieve: A Vision for Success
« on: October 21, 2008, 05:35:37 AM »
Believe and Achieve: A Vision for Success

Posted by Don Rasmussen on 10/20/08 10:10 AM
Last updated 10/20/08 10:51 AM

I have been so excited to watch as the various "Ron Paul Republicans" run for congress around the country. In Washington State, Michael Delavar shocked the political establishment by finishing second in a multi-party primary to face the incumbent in the November 4th run-off. In North Carolina, B.J. Lawson won his primary against a party-supported candidate with 71% of the vote. These are just a couple of examples from around the country where brave patriots are running principled campaigns and taking the message of liberty to the voters.

This is not only an important proving ground for candidates, but for campaign managers, press secretaries, field directors, community organizers and activists inspired by Dr. Paul's message of peace, prosperity and freedom. The experienced gained now will carry us into 2010 when, if history is any guide, there is a good chance that the Republicans will be in a position to retake the House.

Of course, that depends on a number of factors that will remain unknowable for some time, but let's assume Obama's message of hope and change will translate into a continuing military presence around the world and a grinding recession. Reasonable assumptions both.

If just 25-30 of the freshman class of 2010 are "Ron Paul Republicans," then the Liberty Caucus would have unprecedented power to affect legislation. On close votes, neither the Democrats, nor the "Big Government Republicans" would have the numbers without courting those members. This is very similar to the situation in Costa Rica today where the two major parties, the PLN and the PAC lack the votes to pass legislation on party line so they must craft legislation acceptable to the PML, the libertarian party that holds the balance of the non-major party seats.

This should be the number one objective of the revolution post November 4th. It is achievable, practical and necessary to the bigger goal of turning back the leviathan and restoring freedom in our nation. By achieving this goal, we set the table for greater and greater successes.

We have two years to make this happen. November 5th is the day to get started. Become a precinct leader and start working towards victory now. I am advising one candidate for 2010 and he is already researching the demographics of his district, learning about and introducing himself to the various centers of power, and studying the issues important to his future constituents. His motto: Believe and Achieve!

http://campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=2450
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Believe and Achieve: A Vision for Success
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:43:09 AM »
I would suggest the motto: "Don't freak out and piss off the locals."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:06:21 AM »

Leave your Wookie suits at home.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

nobody's_hero

• Fringe (Constitutionalist)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:09:20 AM »

Lol. Unfortunately, that one's taken by the 110th Congress, and the 111th Congress has already put in the bid for it.

How about this one?: "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."

T'is a bit long though.

http://www.youngamericansforliberty.org/ is another group just getting started up. Some of the college egg-heads here might want to check it out. ;)

The bad news is that Election 2010 is going to take a lot of work.

The good news is that things might just get bad enough for the people to act.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »

Leave your Wookie suits at home.

Wise counsel that some paulistsas need to take to heart.

That aside, I do hope the RIRPN (Republicans in Ron Paul's Name) win election.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »
Don't piss off the locals is very much right.  They tried to raise a stink at the local county Republican convention.  Only they didn't have the numbers to do anything but make the meeting twice as long.  They tried to show up in force to take over leadership of the local convention, but they didn't bring enough representation from enough precincts.  They overloaded a couple precincts, but didn't cover others at all.  There was only me and another guy from my precinct and he didn't care for them.  A few of them started pulling precinct convention records to get our precinct delegates (the two of use) thrown out.  That ticked me off a bit. 

Either way, they didn't try to work with anyone, but were coming in fighting and pushing everyone else away.  If they want to accomplish anything, that is not the way to do it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »
Either way, they didn't try to work with anyone, but were coming in fighting and pushing everyone else away.  If they want to accomplish anything, that is not the way to do it. 

I've watched Paul supporters turn quite a few conservatives off from him due to their antics.  With friends like those, Paul doesn't need enemies.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 12:28:39 PM »

THat's the entire point of the CFL - to train thousands (or more) people in proper, three-piece-suit political activism. You'd love it.

That, and they just threw $300,000 into attack ads bashing Democrat congressmen.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »
THat's the entire point of the CFL - to train thousands (or more) people in proper, three-piece-suit political activism. You'd love it.

That, and they just threw $300,000 into attack ads bashing Democrat congressmen.

Learning from one's mistakes is a good omen for future prospects.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »

They need a fashion consultant, then. Three-piece suits went out sometime in the 80's, I think. =D

(Three button tailored, guys. Don't do the Napoleon Dynamite thing!)

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 03:14:09 AM »
I think the wookie suit was born of a lack of attention.  I can tell you it doesn't feel very well to be able to raise that kind of money, and be completely marginalized by the media.  Hmm, which came first, the *expletive deleted*che-baggery, or the black out of RP?

I agree though, many of the RP supporters were are absolutely nuts.  While I personally enjoyed watching a crowd pelt Hannity with snowballs and tell him how much he sucks, I don't think your average American did.  I wish Ron Paul could have been in the debates though, just to shake things up.  He would be wiping the floor with Obama. 
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 03:26:08 AM »
The main failure of the RP campaign was to hire a team based on the notion of 'running just to make a point' and refusing to fire people and to hire actual professionals later, or to adopt any tactics based on actually trying to win. I am just reading "Ron Paul Revolution: History in the Making", which is written by a pro-Paul reporter, and even there the incompetence of the campaign staff he had is amazing.

They are now working to train the legions of Paulunteers in proper political process and tactics. THat's great, and that's precisely what the Goldwaterites did when they lost the election. But one has to restate it - RP was never unelectable per se, it was his staff that blew it.