Author Topic: We are raising a nation of pussies  (Read 1679 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
We are raising a nation of pussies
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »
They closed a college because of a post a proff made on Facebook and some bathroom graffiti ? Really?
http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2015/03/_no_nig_rs_graffitied_in_conn_college_bathroom.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
Re: We are raising a nation of pussies
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:16:46 AM »
What do you think the odds are that is was NOT a racist white person who put it up there?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »
What do you think the odds are that is was NOT a racist white person who put it up there?

No bet.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:47:49 AM »
That was my first thought as well.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
Closing classes because of graffiti?   :facepalm:

Enterprising college students should see an opportunity here - use the hypersensitivity of leftist admins against them.

I'll leave it to the reader to use his/her own imagination to see how this might occur . . .   >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
Students at Connecticut College were given Monday off so that they could process a string of racist incidents that occurred on campus.[/qupte]

"Process" - that was the term that was in vogue, when I did my graduate study, for figuring out how we felt about what happened and why we felt that way.  (As you might imagine, I did not do well "processing" stuff.)

First of all

White liberal cis-lord oppressors panic over the N-word - the one that 99% of their black students use every day to refer to each other.

The thing is, I might have processed this and come to the conclusion that it is saddening that someone would deface a perfectly good bathroom wall that way instead of writing out some useful phone numbers like they are "supposed" to.  I could not do that because I am too busy processing the behavior of the school administration.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »
Wonder what the outcome would've been if they had wrote, "No Honkies?"
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »
Rally and extra credit

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 08:30:04 PM »
Extra credit and tuition reimbursement.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 12:19:36 AM »
A day off?  For some racist comments?  Nation of pussies indeed.

You have a day off for a school shooting involving deaths.  Hell, my school had a junior off himself with a rifle in a campus parking spot one night at the beginning of the semester and we didn't even get anything beyond 'counseling services are available'.

For something like this?  Pay the Janitors/maintenance guys some overtime to clean it up/paint it over, and have the Dean or such write a strongly worded letter.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 07:12:36 AM »
You have a day off for a school shooting involving deaths.  Hell, my school had a junior off himself with a rifle in a campus parking spot one night at the beginning of the semester and we didn't even get anything beyond 'counseling services are available'.

I saw a crazed gunman shoot and kill two cops in the hallway in junior high. They let us out early that day, but the next day it was business as usual.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

gunnkid

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 08:52:34 AM »
You're darn right we're a nation of pussies. How many people in America own firearms? How many of those own a REAL firearm, and not some wooden stocked "hunting rifle"? How many are willing to put on their body armor and do what it takes when the time comes?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 09:35:48 AM »
You're darn right we're a nation of pussies. How many people in America own firearms? How many of those own a REAL firearm, and not some wooden stocked "hunting rifle"? How many are willing to put on their body armor and do what it takes when the time comes?

Never before had I contemplated wearing body armor to the restroom.  (snark or no?  you decide)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »
Never before had I contemplated wearing body armor to the restroom.  (snark or no?  you decide)

stay safe.

If you have been deployed, trust me you've done this more than once.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 02:42:20 PM »
If you have been deployed, trust me you've done this more than once.

Never actually considered a trip to the mall as a deployment.

stay safe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »
Never actually considered a trip to the mall as a deployment.

stay safe.

Some malls nowadays would be more dangerous than Iraq or Afghanistan.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
University Diversity scam
https://youtu.be/g60ON91ClLA

If you pretend there is a problem, you get a solid chance at bureaucratic kingdom building and bullying all the other departments.  The only folks that lose in the long run is everyone.  
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:18:19 PM by adively »
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.