Main Forums > The Roundtable

Bluetooth Hearing Protection?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Viking:
Any preference between earplugs and earmuffs? I have a pair of 3M Peltor WS Alert XP. Earmuffs, bluetooth capable, has a boom microphone that folds up to the left, easy to answer with just a button on the same side as the mic, IIRC. Range of the bluetooth is...extensive. I think I had to move probably 15-20 meters from my phone, which was charging in a small concrete room too for the music to cut off. If there are no barriers, the range is a lot more than that. Pretty expensive though, I had to pay a the equivalent of $300 for mine. Battery life is about one week of work, using disposable batteries. Also, music pauses (I think, haven´t given it much thought when I answer calls on it) when you take a call.

MikeB:
Update for you Ben. I got these today from the Evil Company.

https://www.amazon.com/ISOtunes-Headphones-Durability-Cancelling-Professional/dp/B081K5RXR2

I believe they are the updated version you referred to. I charged them up and connected them to my iPhone. It’s a fairly new 11 Pro. That was easy so far.

I played Frisbee with the dog for awhile swapping pockets the Phone was in and it never seemed to drop out. I also left it on my patio and walked out to the chicken pen to give them some scrap food. That’s almost 120 feet away from the patio, but line of sight. It did not drop out during the walk out or back. It did drop once quickly while I was leaning in collecting eggs.

It did drop out when I walked around to the other side of my house while the phone was still on the patio. I expected this, my house is concrete block construction with stucco so wire mesh in there too. I was able to go inside deposit eggs and wash my hands without it dropping out with only one layer of concrete/stucco and about 30 foot or so distance when I went inside on the side with the patio.

I’ll let you know how it works while on the Tractor tomorrow, Tractor is at my parents for some driveway repair. So far so good.

Ben:
Thanks loads Mike! That is so phenomenal on the BT, that it would almost make me think I had a defective pair of version 1, if it were not for all the other reviews agreeing with me.

I look forward to your tractor report. If it's as good as what you posted so far, I'm going to update to the new version. When you're on the tractor, if you wouldn't mind sticking the phone in your pants pocket for a while, or behind the seat or something, it would be greatly appreciated. My current set always cuts in and out if I have my phone in my back pocket on the tractor.

MikeB:

--- Quote from: Ben on August 31, 2020, 05:29:32 PM ---Thanks loads Mike! That is so phenomenal on the BT, that it would almost make me think I had a defective pair of version 1, if it were not for all the other reviews agreeing with me.

I look forward to your tractor report. If it's as good as what you posted so far, I'm going to update to the new version. When you're on the tractor, if you wouldn't mind sticking the phone in your pants pocket for a while, or behind the seat or something, it would be greatly appreciated. My current set always cuts in and out if I have my phone in my back pocket on the tractor.

--- End quote ---

Yeah. No problem. I use the back pocket on the tractor a lot too for my phone when I don’t have pants or shorts with cargo pockets on. I’ll try some different pockets. I’ll be doing some implement changes as well as working up and down the driveway so should get a good feel for them since I’ll be doing some contortions as well.

I think I like them already, but need to try with the Tractor cranked up. I wear glasses and often a baseball cap when on the tractor so the regular muffs get some leak through which causes me to have to crank up the volume of what I’m trying to listen too. Hoping these will work better. I also like to wear a floppy brimmed hat sometimes for sun protection/shade which as with a cowboy hat does not work with muffs which is what prompted me to look at these initially.

Ben:

--- Quote from: MikeB on August 31, 2020, 06:02:32 PM ---Yeah. No problem. I use the back pocket on the tractor a lot too for my phone when I don’t have pants or shorts with cargo pockets on. I’ll try some different pockets. I’ll be doing some implement changes as well as working up and down the driveway so should get a good feel for them since I’ll be doing some contortions as well.

I think I like them already, but need to try with the Tractor cranked up. I wear glasses and often a baseball cap when on the tractor so the regular muffs get some leak through which causes me to have to crank up the volume of what I’m trying to listen too. Hoping these will work better. I also like to wear a floppy brimmed hat sometimes for sun protection/shade which as with a cowboy hat does not work with muffs which is what prompted me to look at these initially.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. One thing that I notice helps me on the tractor is instead of looping the wire around the back of my neck, just doing so from the front. Otherwise, especially if it's hot and my neck gets sweaty, if I turn my head back to see what the implement is doing, the cable can stick to my neck and work the plugs loose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version