Author Topic: Disaster could put Obama appointee in oval office? (CNN report)  (Read 5173 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Disaster could put Obama appointee in oval office? (CNN report)
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 09:16:35 PM »
seriously folks, do any of you think CNN has even a smidgen of credibility left?

When did CNN have credibility to lose? They were a leftist mouthpiece when they first started back in 1980.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 06:36:40 AM »
When did CNN have credibility to lose? They were a leftist mouthpiece when they first started back in 1980.

Last time I remember CNN having any credibility was when Bernie Shaw and Peter Arnett were reporting the start of the air campaign against Iraq in Gulf War I from their downtown Baghdad hotel.

Then Arnett and CNN really threw it all way by reporting that the US had used Sarin gas on deserting US troops in Laos.

He became a founding member of the Dan Rather "I'll report whatever the hell pops into my mind and double down on it being true, even if it's not" school of journalism.

Career.

Over.

Well, almost career over... I'd forgotten that he went to work for NBC to cover the US invasion of Iraq in GW2, and gave an interview to Iraqi TV in early 2003 in which he basically said the US had lost the war and alluded that reporting about civilian deaths and Iraqi resistance (apparently his reporting on those two subject, specifically) were helping turn the US public against the war and, by extension, George Bush.

The outcry was pretty massive, and NBC AND National Geographic, for whom he was also working, both canned his ass within a few days.

But, it wasn't all terrible, because a few days later the very left leaning and anti-war Daily Mirror picked him up.

Yeah... who says that members of the media don't have a personal agenda that they push through their reporting...

Oh, wait, the left says that. Silly me.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:50:59 AM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »

Gee, ya think? ...Ted Turner.... Hanoi Jane... Nah.  Impossible.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:33:27 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.