Author Topic: "Let's hope the bomber was a white American"  (Read 18418 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: "Let's hope the bomber was a white American"
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 06:06:23 PM »
Disaffection.

The older brother arrived after the younger, and was not able to adapt or make friends in the U.S. Resentment built up, he started following Islamist web sites, and basically brainwashed himself. (Not speculation, this is from articles released today.) No doubt the older brother influenced the younger brother.

So, instead of the bomber being a white supremacist, they turned out to be Islamist terrorists. Gee, whoever might have predicted THAT?

On the money.  Younger brother became a citizen last year, older brother never took that step.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2013, 06:09:50 PM »
Genuine question as I've been too busy/lazy to research it: Is there any evidence of an external push to radicalize them? I.e. an imam at mosque or al-Awlaki-style e-mail communication? I have a hard time seeing these two cook up the entire plot without direction/influence.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »
On the money.  Younger brother became a citizen last year, older brother never took that step.

I read on a couple of sites that the brother was turned down for citizenship due to a domestic violence conviction.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »
"Let's hope the bomber is a white American!"

Ooopsie!  I wonder if he'll write a retraction?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 09:20:06 PM »

I also notice the white house got a little quieter about this whole thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54:44 PM »
I'm not complaining about that!  =D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2013, 01:10:31 AM »

I don't know that he has anything to retract. He wanted whitey to be responsible, but whitey was not responsible. Now, he just waits to pounce on anything that might fit his prediction of dire consequences.

Unless, of course, the infringement of civil liberties which he predicted is in the form of something like background checks for black powder. That, he doesn't care about, since it mainly affects those white, Tea Party guys.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
Retract?  Apologize for?   =D

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »
Genuine question as I've been too busy/lazy to research it: Is there any evidence of an external push to radicalize them? I.e. an imam at mosque or al-Awlaki-style e-mail communication? I have a hard time seeing these two cook up the entire plot without direction/influence.

According to his uncle, yes.

http://www.today.com/news/uncle-mentors-radicalized-older-boston-bombing-suspect-6C9529666

Tsarni, a Maryland resident who is the brother of the suspects’ father, believes Tamerlan, 26, who died in a confrontation with police early Friday morning, was radicalized by others. He noted that the suspects were in his house as children, and recalled a surprising transformation the last time he saw Tamerlan in 2009.

“There certainly were mentors,’’ Tsarni said. “I was shocked when I heard his words, his phrases, when every other word he starts sticking in words of God. I question what he’s doing for work, (and) he claimed he would just put everything in the will of God. It was a big concern to me. He called me 'confused' when I started explaining to him, make yourself useful to yourself and to your family and maybe you’ll have extra to share with everybody else.

"It wasn’t devotion, it was something, as it’s called, being radicalized. Not understanding what he is talking (about). He is just using words for the sake of the words and not understanding the meaning of it.’’

The suspects' parents told NBC News they believe their sons were framed. Tsarni said a family acquaintance told him there was an outside influence on Tamerlan.

“He said there is someone who brainwashed him, some new convert to Islam,’’ Tsarni said. “I would like to stress (the acquaintance was) of Armenian descent.’’
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »
Fox has been reporting that Tamerlan, the older brother, travelled to Russia/Chechnya for six months, and that after his return, a foreign government, probably the Russians, contacted the FBI with concerns about him. He was supposedly investigated, no evidence discovered, and the file shelved. Not happy I was right. =|
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »
So the surviving bomber is a white American male. Who's not being Mirandized. And who's not being treated as a one-off psycho, but as part of a larger movement.

Reality: 1

"Privilege": 0

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »
So the surviving bomber is a white American male. Who's not being Mirandized. And who's not being treated as a one-off psycho, but as part of a larger movement.

These aren't the white Americans they were looking for.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
kids dad was a player over there
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

birdman

• friend
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2013, 08:59:35 PM »
Fox has been reporting that Tamerlan, the older brother, travelled to Russia/Chechnya for six months, and that after his return, a foreign government, probably the Russians, contacted the FBI with concerns about him. He was supposedly investigated, no evidence discovered, and the file shelved. Not happy I was right. =|

The investigation at the request of a foreign govt. was supposedly in 2010.
He went to Russia in 2011

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »
The investigation at the request of a foreign govt. was supposedly in 2010.
He went to Russia in 2011

My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Perd Hapley

• friend