Author Topic: Firefly TV show  (Read 34559 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Firefly TV show
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2009, 10:24:11 PM »
Why?  Is it written wrong?

Yeah, they tried to write 'Allied Spacecraft Corporation" and transcribed it all completely wrong.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2009, 10:31:20 PM »
Why?  Is it written wrong?

Yezz, itz rittn kompletely rong, lik it waz rittn by someon that new tha alfabet and soundz, but not tha bitz of the rulz of tha langwage.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:36:39 PM by Nitrogen »
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2009, 10:32:27 PM »
Yezz, itz rittn kompletely rong, lik it waz rittn by someon that new tha alfabet and soundz, but not tha bitz of the rulz of tha langwage.

No, they didn't know the alphabet at all. Nor the sounds. One can discern that they wanted to write 'Allied Spacecraft Corporation', but only just.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2009, 10:54:07 PM »
I WANT MORE, DAMMIT!  :police:

I just finished watching the last three episodes of Firefly and I want to see more.  The show was just getting into it's groove when it was canceled.  I sure hope Joss Whedon, et al, have something in the works to continue with the theme.

Join the club.

I still hold a grudge against Fox management.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »
Something else about the movie, too. Sound editing.

That first "pan around the stagecoach" shot, when Serenity first hits atmo, the engines swivel and ignite, and you go from the silence of space to the roar of atmosphere and whine of the engines?

That is why you have Surround. =)

I remember people in the theater cheering at that shot, too. That was such a beautiful reveal of what was already an old friend from the series, the resolute old cargo ship as one of the characters. Since the Argo in ancient Greek literature, good authors have realized that the "boat" can be just as much a character as the characters on board, and just as important a character as well.

Oh, and as far as detail? You couldn't even see them on screen, but these labels were on various parts of her engines and internal and external parts. They made them look like the plates on old Pratt & Whitneys. Level of detail there. 03 model of Firefly...Kaylee and Book talked about her being an "aught three" in the pilot, even.

How awesome is a writer to put a shipbuilder in New Aberdeen, on Londinium? If you know a bit of history, that just made me smile.

Yea, and the way the drive protect skids (or whatever they're called) closed as the main drive shut down while the engines turned?  They definitely put a lot of hard work in detailing it all.

If you read the Serenity RPG sourcebook, it talks a little more about Serenity's history before Malcolm Reynolds purchased her on Boros....
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2009, 10:10:05 PM »
Mrs. Scout was kind enough to buy me the complete DVD series while I recovered in the hospital.

I WANT MORE !!!!!

It was just getting it's groove.  Great characters with lots of room for development (history).

Did those idjits at Fox really broadcast the series in the order stated on the box ??   MORONS  ;/ ;/

And then they wonder why it no one could figure out what was going on.  Oh and let's go for bonehead to by putting in a Saturday night timeslot.....

[heads to garage to get torches and pitchforks....]

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.