Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 40448 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
The Walking Dead
« on: October 18, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
The Walking Dead
On AMC
Series Premiere Sunday, October 31, Halloween.
Written and executive produced by three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile), and executive produced by Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens).

A new TV series about zombies.
That is all.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »
Let me get this straight .... AMC has a TV series about democrats......  :laugh: [tinfoil] >:D [popcorn] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 12:44:00 AM »
Let me get this straight .... AMC has a TV series about democrats......  :laugh: [tinfoil] >:D [popcorn] [popcorn]

I can understand the confusion.  No, this show is about a different kind of zombie.  Zombified by a virus, not a mental disorder.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 01:09:20 AM »
I can understand the confusion.  No, this show is about a different kind of zombie.  Zombified by a virus, not a mental disorder.

Ahhh, This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10_4
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »
Plus, the Demozombies have no use whatsoever for brainz.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 01:55:42 AM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 02:17:34 AM »
Plus, the Demozombies have no use whatsoever for brainz.

DD

So...  "Demozombies" are like Republicans then?    :angel:

;)
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 01:28:19 AM »
So...  "Demozombies" are like Republicans then?    :angel:  ;)

There is a minor difference:  The Repozombies are brain eaters, the Demozombies are bloodsuckers.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 06:49:55 AM »
It is based off of an amazing comic series.  =D Didn't know it was going to be aired so soon. This makes me so happy!  [popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »
As much as I enjoy a good zombie movie, I can't see much use for a zombie series. They are a bit late jumping on the zombie wagon, but at least it's not yet another flavor of CSI or NCIS, etc, etc.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 08:45:55 PM »
Frank Darabont is largely responsible for my favorite dramatic movie of all time, The Shawshank Redemption.  Gale Ann Hurd was responsible in part (along with husband James Cameron) for my favorite action-adventure of all time, Aliens.  So I can't say I'm not interested in the new series.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 10:13:18 PM »
Gonna go and kill Zombies this weekend at Aurora Sportsmen's Club:

www.thezombieshoot.com

www.aurorasc.org
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

taurusowner

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 10:23:59 PM »
I think a zombie series could be awesome.  Every time I rewatch a zombie movie, it strikes me how much more there is to tell, but not enough time (or motive of plot) to do so in a feature film.  It would be great to see people try to really live life and tackle challenges in a zombie infested world, not knowing they are either going to be saved or zombified by the end of the 2 hr movie.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 10:25:42 PM »
DVR set and ready....thanks for the heads-up....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

taurusowner

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 10:30:42 PM »
I will say that if the characters make a bunch of idiot mistakes, it will turn me off to the series quick.  For instance, the main character is supposedly a Sheriffs Deputy.  I want him to act like a real Deputy would and not some bumbling caricature straight from Dukes of Hazzard.  If I find myself thinking things like "why didn't he reload his weapon" or "why didn't they have someone watching their back while they siphoned gas", I'm probably going to stop watching.  I want to see sensible people doing sensible things to deal with the crisis.  You know when you're watching a horror movie and you wonder "why did they split up" or "why didn't she pick up that ax/machete/bat to use as her own weapon"?  This series better not be like that.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 11:00:14 PM »
Ragnar, I take it you don't watch much television.  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

taurusowner

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 11:06:15 PM »
The only show I am currently watching is Stargate Universe.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 11:11:15 PM »
Ragnar, if you get the chance try watching supernatural. [popcorn] it's one of the least dumb shows on tv. you just have to be able to forget everything you have read in the bible(especially Revelation and Daniel) till the show is over. =|

is friday at 9 on the CW.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 02:13:59 AM »
Ragnar, if you get the chance try watching supernatural. [popcorn] it's one of the least dumb shows on tv. you just have to be able to forget everything you have read in the bible(especially Revelation and Daniel) till the show is over. =|

is friday at 9 on the CW.

Supernatural rocks.  My wife likes it too, although in her case it's as much for the eye candy as for the story (she describes Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki as "easy on the eyes").  I don't object too much, because a similar factor is at work for me when I watch Smallville - Erica Durrance and Allison Mack are DEFINITELY attractive young women.  *AND* it's a Superman show!  :lol:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »
I just got around to watching a couple of the trailers. I'll most definitely be watching.

Tallpine should like it -- the post-zombie apocalypse vehicle of choice appears to be a horse. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
So it's the Mounted Dead then.

I've never viewed any zombie films documentaries. I might give this one a try, if it's on the 'net, but I already watch too many shows as it is.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »
So...  "Demozombies" are like Republicans then?    :angel:

;)
Drat!  So I don't see your reply until now, two weeks later, and the mood has passed.

I'll get you next time... and your little dog too!  Wait.  Different genre.  No zombies in Oz.  Prolly a bunch of dems, though.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 07:41:07 AM »
No zombies in Oz.  Prolly a bunch of dems, though.

They were the ones with wings....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 11:37:49 AM »
flying zombies...

No IFR navigation, I guess.  Just dead reckoning.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
Sorry, I'll be glued to the Munsters marathon on Hallmark.  ;)

[popcorn]
Avoid cliches like the plague!