Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 40460 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2010, 03:21:36 AM »
guys in the tanks probably picked up wounded comrades who later bit them, Avatar was only meant to be watched on IMAX 3D, any other way it is incredibly clichéd boring tripe.

Speaking of Zombies, I had a dream the other night that I was one!  Very strange, I was in a doorway because I knew that I had lived there before and hid behind a door to bite an old friend or family member ( didn't know who exactly but hey, I was a Zombie it was understandable) I bit them on the head, tasted like chicken. mmmmmmm brains
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2010, 05:22:34 AM »
Avatar, clichéd boring tripe. bull, it couldn't rise to "clichéd boring tripe" with the help of God almighty. :angel:

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2010, 01:49:00 AM »
Ah, that does make sense.

It is a great show, though; I've been following it closely.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2010, 04:22:11 AM »
Put chain link across the top of a railrod cut or something.

Pile brush and soak with flammables or just let dry out.

Lure dead in bunches to cut til they stack up.

Close bottom end.

Burn, rinse, repeat.

same deal but chained in yard.  lure dead in one entrance go out other.  close entrance behind.  kill at leisure.

I think the original NOLD had it right.  Once you figure out what is going on, the threat outside confined areas is pretty low.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2010, 04:24:02 AM »
Oh.  Biker guy could have been working on getting the hacksaw to cut the small piece of all-thread the minute the cop left.

Instead he chose to sit there raging like an idiot rather than acting.

Dumb people deserve what they get.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2010, 01:58:44 PM »
Oh.  Biker guy could have been working on getting the hacksaw to cut the small piece of all-thread the minute the cop left.

Instead he chose to sit there raging like an idiot rather than acting.

Dumb people deserve what they get.

I think what they were trying to portray is that he was too dumb to figure it out.  He got desperate and begged God to show him the answer, and if God did he'd change his ways.

God showed him the tools, and he immediately took credit for figuring it out all by his brilliant self and told God to buzz off; that he didn't need him.

He'll have payback coming for that one!

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Devon

« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »
Spider monkeys are a REAL threat [ar15], zombies are still hypothetical. ;/

Hypothetical, for now anyway. This biological defense lab they are bringing to Manhattan, Ks. gives me the willies. Gotta wonder just what is going to go on behind those closed doors. This is how all the zombies in all the movies I've seen become zombies, from some defense department screwup. Haven't you all seen the Grindhouse films?

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »
I watched the last three episodes last night. One of the characters that stood out to me was Darryl. When he was introduced I was expecting a stereotypical white trash redneck. However I was pleasantly surprised to see through his actions he was more of an archtypical Celtic warrior. Brash and loudmouthed to be sure, but not stupid. Maybe a little foolhardy but very skilled with his weapons.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2011, 01:32:08 PM »
Catching up on some episodes right now.  Just watched them try to get the zombie out of the well.

Why aren't they making better use of the horse?  Why was the rope wrapped around the rusty pipe to begin with? They had the horse and the pipe over the well. 

When the zombie got stuck... why didn't they poke the head with a nail on a stick then pull it up from the pants wearing some gloves? 

The Incompetent Living seems an apt title for the show more oft than not. 

Had it been me dealing with that situation... tarp with 4 weights on the corner and a rope to one.  Once down and around the zombie, spin a few times then pull up... I'd probably use a pickup truck for greater control than the horse, or maybe even salvage for an actual winch.  A well is pretty important and that thing being down for a few more hours isn't apt to do much more harm.  Then of course bleach the crap out of the water.  I hear that fixes all problems with wells ;)

Always remember the 7 Ps.     
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2011, 01:38:03 PM »
Ned, Ned, Ned...

You know full well that most of us had similar reactions. However, effective anti-zombie tactics (and better interpersonal skills, for that matter) would give the writers very little to do, and make for very short programming.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »
Reviving an old thread I see . . .

As for what Ned wrote, the best commentary I've seen on this show stated that while people actually do stupid things, it gets old when they do nothing but stupid things. Over . . . and over . . . and over.  :facepalm:

I'm almost to the point of rooting for the zombies . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
I was rooting for the zombie when the guy was dangling in the well.  I mean, what a lucky break for a stuck in a well zombie right?

As for later in that episode... you know what I find sexy?  A properly secured [and cushioned] environment. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »
Ned, Ned, Ned...

You know full well that most of us had similar reactions. However, effective anti-zombie tactics (and better interpersonal skills, for that matter) would give the writers very little to do, and make for very short programming.

If the writers are so dumb and unoriginal they can only write about dysfunctional morons, they should seek out jobs outside fiction. Perhaps switch to writing gossip columns.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2011, 04:09:10 PM »
I watched the last three episodes last night. One of the characters that stood out to me was Darryl. When he was introduced I was expecting a stereotypical white trash redneck. However I was pleasantly surprised to see through his actions he was more of an archtypical Celtic warrior. Brash and loudmouthed to be sure, but not stupid. Maybe a little foolhardy but very skilled with his weapons.

I had a funny feeling that when they abandoned his brother on top of the department store something like that was going to happen.

Or, he was going to kill them all. But that would have cut the series right there.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2011, 04:52:41 PM »
If the writers are so dumb and unoriginal they can only write about dysfunctional morons,
Well, after the series was cancelled, the writers of the new Battlestar Galactica series had to find a new gig . . .  [popcorn]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
this is the old season one thread, not the new improved season two thread
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."