Author Topic: The dog and the wife  (Read 40300 times)

Lanius

• Excubitor
Re: The dog and the wife
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2011, 06:15:49 PM »
Regarding maids...

This shows why it's a bad idea to nuke any country. You think it all goes well, nation is getting back on it's feet.. but meanwhile, they are all going slowly insane.

Evidence:

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »
...everybody ought to have a maid...

Thanks a lot. Now I have a Neil Young song stuck in my head (video here), and the usual Neil-Young-driven urge to blow my brains out. ;)

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2011, 06:53:21 PM »
Thanks a lot. Now I have a Neil Young song stuck in my head (video here), and the usual Neil-Young-driven urge to blow my brains out. ;)

Don't do it!!! Think of your poor wife... Or is this the wrong thread for that particular plea? :/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2011, 07:54:15 PM »

Hmmmm. Should I angle for the guns, or the Stang?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2011, 07:59:22 PM »
Hmmmm. Should I angle for the guns, or the Stang?

Fat chance, monkeylegs likes me better, and i'm cuter then you.  :P

Monkeylegs, if you off yourself can I please have your guns and mustang? I'll take super good care of them. Please  :angel:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2011, 08:04:42 PM »
It's so nice to have friends. I think I'll go listen to some Neil Young. ;)

My wife has always liked him. No wonder she's depressed. Neil Young could make Tom Waites cry.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »
Well looky-here, new female on board related foolishness.  And I almost missed it. 

I'm all in favor of marriage, even though my spouse ran off in the past year.  So did my dog. 

I miss my dog more.

Wouldn't mind trying out a wife, but not so much on a permanent basis.  Anyone want to lend me a wife for say, three weeks or so? 

I don't own three weeks worth of clothes and dishes.  How about one week?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2011, 08:22:16 PM »
Dibs on the moccassins with lasers.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2011, 08:49:19 PM »
Fat chance, monkeylegs likes me better, and i'm cuter then you.  :P

Monkeylegs, if you off yourself can I please have your guns and mustang? I'll take super good care of them. Please  :angel:

No fair. You're usin' your feminine wiles. Makes a man sweaty and/or compliant.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »

Wouldn't mind trying out a wife, but not so much on a permanent basis.  Anyone want to lend me a wife for say, three weeks or so? 

Sorry...but I'm the only one in this room professional enough to handle my wife.... :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2011, 08:56:14 PM »
Sorry...but I'm the only one in this room professional enough to handle my wife.... :cool:

So, this proceeds some horrific incident of marital discord, probably involving emergency rooms, yes?  I mean, wouldn't wish it on ye, but given the context...

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2011, 01:58:43 PM »
I don't own three weeks worth of clothes and dishes.  How about one week?

Oh CNYCacher, so typically male...
I suppose your wife must feel relatively confident given she has such amazing job security.

I have to say, it must be nice to have a wife. I'd like to have someone who washes and folds my clothes, does the grocery shopping, cooks my meals, cleans up the kitchen, makes sure the sheets and towels are always fresh and clean, makes sure I have shampoo and toothpaste and mountain dew, sweeps & vacuums the floors, dusts, bathes the dogs, balances the checkbook and pays the bills, handles all the kids complaints, gets the tax paperwork together, cleans up my messy office, fixes me a drink at the end of the day and rubs my back.

Where do you go to get one of those? Oh. Wait. That's me.

Don't they come in a six foot muscled male version?
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2011, 02:22:14 PM »
Oh CNYCacher, so typically male...
I suppose your wife must feel relatively confident given she has such amazing job security.

I have to say, it must be nice to have a wife. I'd like to have someone who washes and folds my clothes, does the grocery shopping, cooks my meals, cleans up the kitchen, makes sure the sheets and towels are always fresh and clean, makes sure I have shampoo and toothpaste and mountain dew, sweeps & vacuums the floors, dusts, bathes the dogs, balances the checkbook and pays the bills, handles all the kids complaints, gets the tax paperwork together, cleans up my messy office, fixes me a drink at the end of the day and rubs my back.

Where do you go to get one of those? Oh. Wait. That's me.

Don't they come in a six foot muscled male version?

Umm.....Yeah, that's not a wife, that's a maid.  Or maybe an indentured servant.  This is what wives do:

Organize the things you need to do into easy to follow lists, remind you of reality when you start thinking you're a little to cool, remember your families birthday's, anniversaries and what-not and tell you to send a card, describe every noise a car makes as a "weird thunk" then hold the cell phone up to a running engine, mention endlessly that the grass is too long then get mad when you turn off the sprinkler timer, only buy diet soda and remain convinced, despite years of evidence to the contrary that "you'll get used to the taste", insist that she has enough gas to reenact Top Gear's Africa trip because "the little light isn't on yet", insist that "Beer is Beer, why do we need to buy that Arrogant Bastard stuff when this Rolling Rock is so much cheaper", and generally make life worth living.

Quote from: MrsSmith
Hey Dogmush - can you post a pic of your new family member? The Dragoon? Love to see it.

Holy Crap!  I completely forgot to show off my new revolver.  It's the one on the top:

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2011, 02:48:22 PM »
So, this proceeds some horrific incident of marital discord, probably involving emergency rooms, yes?  I mean, wouldn't wish it on ye, but given the context...

No physical injuries.....but my time working in mental health and being a member here has been quite helpful....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.