Author Topic: Terrorist attacks in Norway  (Read 48532 times)

Seenterman

• friend
Re: Terrorist attacks in Norway
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2011, 01:06:44 PM »
I would listen to the whole show, plus the previous ten shows ( or more ) to get context.

Are you serious? No you don't need to listen to his 10 previous shows to understand his context; you don't need to listen to John Stewart's previous 10 shows to understand his context when he states something. At this point I think your being willfully ignorant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACu07x4cWv0
Here listen to the clip and tell me how it was taken out of context, or what your understanding of his comment is.

sanglant: political youth organizations are an entirely normal part of political life...
And entirely creepy.  

Do find right leaning political camps creepy? Or just left leaning camps because there's plenty of both. What about the religious camps? Ever see the documentary Jesus Camp?  I have and that was creepy.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
& seeterman, that would be "Godwin" not Goodwind. 

Frankly I'm tired of the Godwin rule-probably imposed by some fascist lefty anyway.

Goodwined, Godwined same thing, you knew what I meant. And frankly I see your point, even if a group is not as evil as the Nazis but they have some similarities its stupid not to be able to make the comparison; but what about this youth camp is even remotely similar to the Hitler Youth besides that they had members of the same age range?

number one, when you say the hitler youts were bad(mmmmmmkay) you are saying the problem was the kids? that says something about you, might want to rethink it. not like they had any choice in the matter, it was show up, or. well that was it. undecided

Recheck your history book. The Hitler Youth started in 1923, at the end of 1933 their membership stood at 2.3 million members. It was in December of 1963 that membership became mandatory and earlier that month before the mandatory order its membership was at 5 million. Practically all of Nazi Germany was the problem, the political leaders, parents, and to a greatly lesser extend the children. When you have brain washed child soldiers, yes they become part of the problem.

as in this case, the kids aren't running a camp. that's the adults, and there is something wrong with them, then and now.

Well yea in the 1920's and 30's those people running the Hitler Youth obviously had serious problems but what problems do you suggest the adults running this camp had?

and if you think 9/12 is about politics, you got some reading to do.

I hadn't heard of the 9/12 movement until this kerfuffle so I did do some reading and from their own website it appears they DO engage in political activism.

The 9/12 Project is a volunteer based, non-partisan movement focusing on building and uniting our communities back to the place we were on 9/12/2001.

This is the first sentence off their mission statement, so its a non-partisan organization, that seems to focus on community service but they also engage in political activism.

http://the912-project.com/training-education/outreach-activist-training/
Its right there in the URL!! Activist training!

http://the912-project.com/get-involved/contact-lawmakers/
That page that links to various gov website where you can contact your local reps.

So while 9/12's primary mission may not be political, they DO engage in non partisan political activities.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »
At the risk of being accused of pedantry:

i) the Hitler Youth started in 1922, not 1923
ii) it became mandatory for "aryan" children to join in 1936, not 1933

Though you are right that for Beck to compare this camp to the HJ ones is especially mindless, both because of what the Labour Party stood for (or rather, what it didnt stand for) compared to the HJ, and his own hypocrisy when it comes to political camps for the young.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2011, 02:58:23 PM »
Are you serious? No you don't need to listen to his 10 previous shows to understand his context; you don't need to listen to John Stewart's previous 10 shows to understand his context when he states something. At this point I think your being willfully ignorant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACu07x4cWv0
Here listen to the clip and tell me how it was taken out of context, or what your understanding of his comment is.

Do find right leaning political camps creepy? Or just left leaning camps because there's plenty of both. What about the religious camps? Ever see the documentary Jesus Camp?  I have and that was creepy.

i just have to add, when you have what looks like paid agents attacking a man/news outlet. yes you need to listen to the whole show to see what was said. as well as look to see it they issued an apology after the fact*. personally, i still don't see commenting on the people running the camp, as impeaching the kids in any way. not like they had any say in what they were doing or even being there. [tinfoil]

as for that creepy movie. from the trailers(there's no way on earth i'm wasting the time to watch it =D) there weren't any politics involved. ???

oh, and thank you for the insight into other systems. not that i'm going to be sleeping well for the next few weeks.

i've typed the next post 8 or 10 times(from the last time i was replied to) now and deleted it, so i think i'll post this one and let this thread go, just to hard to get it said when it's taking 50 rewrites. =)

*remember, most radio commentary shows are ad-lib. imagine Obama being scrutinized this thoroughly for his flubs. :laugh:

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
it's more about charity, and removing the government charity.
from The 9/12 Project is a volunteer based, non-partisan movement focusing on building and uniting our communities back to the place we were on 9/12/2001. The day after America was attacked we were not obsessed with political parties, the color of your skin, or what religion you practiced. We were united as Americans, standing together to protect the greatest nation ever created. Our goal is to bring us back to that same feeling of togetherness again.

Our Mission is to inspire individuals and groups to connect with their communities through education, service and dedication to the
9 Principles and 12 Values to which we have committed.
over here, the government getting involved in charity was a starting point for bankrupting the nation, {i guess i just see a "political camp" as pushing one party. ???}
it's easy to give someone else's money away to make yourself fell better, and there's no one watching to see that it gets where it was meant to go. and now, there are people pushing to end tax right offs for donations, and tax exemptions for nonprofit orgs. seems the government doesn't like the competition. [tinfoil] never mind that competition just means more people being helped because that wasn't the point in the first place.
at the very least, there is currently no party in the US that can claim to exemplify these.
The 12 Values

Honesty
    Reverence
    Hope
    Thrift
    Humility
    Charity
    Sincerity
    Moderation
    Hard Work
    Courage
    Personal Responsibility
    Gratitude
=(

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2011, 04:34:32 PM »
i just have to add, when you have what looks like paid agents attacking a man/news outlet. yes you need to listen to the whole show to see what was said. as well as look to see it they issued an apology after the fact*.

Well I didn't listen to the entire show, but I listened to the entire youtube clip. There's no qualifier statement, he doesn't clarify anything, its just the quote "There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler Youth, or whatever. I mean who does a camp for kids that's all about politics, disturbing." and then he continues to talk about the shooting but nothing referring back to the Hitler Youth comment.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201107270022 
@ 2:30 Beck claims that "they" are taking something he said "completely out of context" but never clarifies what he actually meant. If people where claiming that I falsely compared murdered children to the Hitler Youth I would immediately clarify what I said or meant. He has his own show and the perfect chance to explain himself but chooses not to.  ???

personally, i still don't see commenting on the people running the camp, as impeaching the kids in any way. not like they had any say in what they were doing or even being there.

Imagine If I said "There was a shooting at a NRA convention, which sounds a little like the KKK, or whatever. I mean who does a convention that's all about guns, disturbing."

It would subtly imply that I thought the people attending or running that convention were racists. By comparing  a children's camp to the Hitler Youths it implies that either the people running the camp or the kids themselves where similar to the H.Y. It's derogatory to compare a peaceful political camp for kids to one of the most evil and xenophobic political parties in history. Unless the camp was advocating rounding up or exterminating a specific ethnic or religious group I don't know how you can logically compare the two.

as for that creepy movie. from the trailers(there's no way on earth i'm wasting the time to watch it ) there weren't any politics involved.

I must have some type of intellectual masochist because I actually sat through that entire movie awhile ago, and there is a very conservative slant to many of the messages that woman preaches through out the movie, at one point she has the children pray for, or to George Bush. The most disturbing part is when the older woman says "Do some warfare over him". WTF? Its at the :41 second mark. Watch some clips online of that movie, if that's not indoctrination I don't know what is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg

I also brought it up to ask the question if anyone else here thought that was creepy and to show that its not only the left that runs political camps for kids, everyone does it, and that was the most extreme case I could think of off the top of my head and I would still never compare anyone in that movie to Nazi's.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2011, 02:08:36 AM »
You do make some excellent points, some I agree with.
However, its not as big of a deal as all the hoopla would suggest.

1000's of hours in front of a microphone & you'll make some mistakes. Mr Beck is still one of the greats imo.

One sentence isn't going to make much difference to me.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."