Author Topic: Intactivists in Florida snip away at opponents  (Read 26175 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Intactivists in Florida snip away at opponents
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
Irregardless of one's stance on snipping of infants, does anyone else think that by the time the kid is 4 it's not a great idea?

Had a friend who voluntarily got it done at 11.  I can't imagine.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
Had a friend who voluntarily got it done at 11.  I can't imagine.

Knew a guy who got it done in his 20s.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
A "less than fully functional member" ALWAYS results, I mean by definition. You are excising parts here. Not only do you lose the majority of nerve ends, the loss of the foreskin results in scarifiication of what's left. Discussion of "complications" is moving the goalposts.
:rofl:

Talk about moving the goalposts.  You've just redefined things to make all circumcision wrong by definition.  That does nothing to help inform the discussion.  

The question is rates of complications weighed against the benefits, not how to redefine circumcision in the worst possible light.

Had a friend who voluntarily got it done at 11.  I can't imagine.
Knew a guy who got it done in his 20s.
I knew someone who had it done the summer before high school.  He regarded it as an improvement, not mutilation.

I know another guy who married into a Jewish family and took up the faith.  I've no idea if he had to get it done, but if so, it would have been in his 30's.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:43:07 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »
Know several guys had it done in their 40's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »
I know another guy who married into a Jewish family and took up the faith.  I've no idea if he had to get it done, but if so, it would have been in his 30's.

OK, I thought 11 was bad, but at least that one was probably not planning to use it any time soon.  Doing it as late-stage prep for marriage seems counterproductive.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 01:50:16 PM »
Even as an adult, its a relatively small cut. I'd take a circumcism over a lot of things that I've had happen to me in the last 20 years- broken bones,sprains,  kidney stones, biopsies, cavities filled, bouts of the flu, burns etc. Then there's the finger nail that is falling off that I smashed at work a few months back...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »
OK, I thought 11 was bad, but at least that one was probably not planning to use it any time soon.  Doing it as late-stage prep for marriage seems counterproductive.
Like I said, I've no idea if he needed to have it done or not.  But even if so, it's still doesn't seem like that big a deal.  Timing might be awkward if done the day before the wedding, but that seems unlikely.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 02:27:21 PM »
A "less than fully functional member" ALWAYS results, I mean by definition. You are excising parts here. Not only do you lose the majority of nerve ends, the loss of the foreskin results in scarifiication of what's left. Discussion of "complications" is moving the goalposts.

If you circumcised your kid, you already chose to radically change his penis and affect his future sex life. Best case scenario is he and his future wife are content with what they are missing and convince themselves that it's ok.

Circumcision is the only prophylactic surgery still performed in the civilized world. Maybe it could be justified if there was truly life-threatening concerns, but there aren't. My friend's kid got a UTI, and the prescription was "make him drink lots of water".   This leads me to conclude that the motivation is mostly cosmetic, and unfortunately for the victim utterly irreversible.

Radically changed his sex life? Best case scenario with his wife is they have to convince themselves? Are you shitting me? You talk as if only a few people have had it done and every single person has been been mentally scarred and is now not able to perform and have to hide it in shame. "Don't look at it woman for it is circumcised!"  Give me a freakin break. ;/
Seems to me that the opposite is true. Where are you coming up with these crazy scenarios?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »
They have a website

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 02:48:57 PM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 02:49:40 PM »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »
They have a website

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know why, but THAT made me laugh to the point of bringing tears to my eyes.

Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »
After sotu I need laughs too.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 03:44:06 PM »

If you circumcised your kid, you already chose to radically change his penis and affect his future sex life. Best case scenario is he and his future wife are content with what they are missing and convince themselves that it's ok.

Circumcision is the only prophylactic surgery still performed in the civilized world. Maybe it could be justified if there was truly life-threatening concerns, but there aren't. My friend's kid got a UTI, and the prescription was "make him drink lots of water".   This leads me to conclude that the motivation is mostly cosmetic, and unfortunately for the victim utterly irreversible.

well, I've never been with an uncut guy, so I can't give a true comparison from a female perspective.

However, I've been with an assortment of cut guys and, trust me, they were all fully functional. Nor were they disappointed with the results.

I'm sorry, but the only personal perspective I would take seriously is from someone who was sexually active both before and after the procedure. Other than that, well, you can't miss what you don't know, nor can you say you got it better if you've never had the bad.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 03:44:50 PM »
Know several guys had it done in their 40's

could you please poll them and post the results here, so we can finally have this damn question answered.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »
could you please poll them and post the results here, so we can finally have this damn question answered.
Yeah.  So.  How exactly is that conversation supposed to go?

"Hey Joe, this is Bob.  I know we haven't talked in a while, but I wanted to call you up and ask you about your penis."

• friends
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »
2 of them had it done for medical reasons and I don't know why the other guy did it. The one problem they mentioned was they had a lil spray to use to prevent or halt an erection during the healing process. I never asked exactly what the medical reasons were. It's kinda a don't ask don't tell thing

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »
Yeah.  So.  How exactly is that conversation supposed to go?

"Hey Joe, this is Bob.  I know we haven't talked in a while, but I wanted to call you up and ask you about your penis."

pretend you're doing a research study?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »
Ask csd for their numbers and call 'em yourself.

"Hey Joe, this is Liz.  I don't know you.  We've never met.  But there's this guy on the internet who told me about your penis.  I wanted to call you up and talk about it."

Be sure to record the conversation and post it here.

I should really be doing something productive right now...

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »

Instead, you're here talking about penises.  :facepalm:

Chris

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »
And giggling like a schoolkid.

:P

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 04:09:52 PM »

"Hey Joe, this is Liz.  I don't know you.  We've never met.  But there's this guy on the internet who told me about your penis.  I wanted to call you up and talk about it."

you really shouldn't think I wouldn't.

Come on, guys! don't we want this infernal question answered once and for all!

Don't you want to know if you should be ranting and raving at your parents for their mutilation of your dangles?

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
The one problem they mentioned was they had a lil spray to use to prevent or halt an erection during the healing process.

Problem?  Hell, where can I get some of that stuff?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »

Yeah, that would sound legit.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife