Author Topic: Intactivists in Florida snip away at opponents  (Read 26176 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Intactivists in Florida snip away at opponents
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 07:25:57 PM »
^^^Wow. Some of that reads as if it was from The Protocols of Zion and responses thereto.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2015, 07:28:28 PM »
It's the Joos fault!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 07:30:48 PM »
okay, on hearsay account (although I trust the person that made the statement) a man who was circumcised as an adult did state that he had lost sensation.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2015, 08:36:03 PM »
Somehow throughout this, I can't help thinking of the "Married With Children" episode where Al Bundy gets a circumcision instead of a circular incision.

Laffaminnit.

Terry

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:39:26 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 01:05:32 AM »
To listen to some of you, it's amazing that how the rest of the world survives with all that skin...  =D

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2015, 01:22:53 AM »
To listen to some of you, it's amazing that how the rest of the world survives with all that skin...  =D

Citations needed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2015, 01:35:40 AM »
Citations needed.
Citations for what? That the rest of the world outside of Jews, Arabs,a few African tribes and US isn't into peepee-snipping? Or that the rest of the world survives?

it prevents aids, cancer, infections of all stripes
How did Western civilization do without it for most of it's existence, and not perish in a pile of rotten wangs?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2015, 01:39:32 AM »
OK, so you have one guy saying that circumcision prevents certain medical conditions. Doesn't really demonstrate your point.

More citations needed.  =|

Forget that. Just read the whole thread, and it's obvious that the "intactivists" here are the only ones amazed that people have survived - after circumcision.

Source: zahc and Blakenzy's posts in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:47:13 AM by fistful »

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2015, 01:51:00 AM »
Citations for what? That the rest of the world outside of Jews, Arabs,a few African tribes and US isn't into peepee-snipping? Or that the rest of the world survives?
 How did Western civilization do without it for most of it's existence, and not perish in a pile of rotten wangs?

Those are true statements of the medical reasons for it - not assertions that it's somehow bad or destroying the world not to do it.  It isn't right to use a perjorative like mutilation to describe it, was the point.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2015, 09:51:19 AM »
okay, on hearsay account (although I trust the person that made the statement) a man who was circumcised as an adult did state that he had lost sensation.

Did you test it?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2015, 12:11:28 PM »
I think the plural of penis is penes, but I didn't fact-check that.

(I'm still in proofreading mode from another thread in the "Round Table.")

:rofl:
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 12:51:29 PM »
I think the plural of penis is penes, but I didn't fact-check that.

(I'm still in proofreading mode from another thread in the "Round Table.")

:rofl:

I prefer penii
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2015, 01:09:08 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

You people are nuts.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2015, 01:35:30 PM »
We are speaking English, not Latin or Greek.  The word may originate from another language, but it gets treated the same as working-class Anglo-Saxon vocabulary.  So, one can simply, uh, strap on "-es" and call it good.

As for conspiracy theories, I scratch my cranium at some of the Jewish-based sort(1), but I have little doubt considering where America's first real physicians & surgeons got their training--and the times--that there was no little Jewish influence on the origin and growth of the practice.  Hell, such progressive folk thought it grand to involuntarily sterilize folk and give them lobotomies. 

A little bit of skin, given the medical benefits supposed at the time, would not merit any forethought.

(1) OTOH, there is at least one Jewish-initiated circumcision conspiracy in the Bible I can recall.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2015, 01:42:23 PM »
I prefer penii
Does your wife know about this?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
(1) OTOH, there is at least one Jewish-initiated circumcision conspiracy in the Bible I can recall.

:rofl:  True, I forgot about that.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »

zahc

• friend
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2015, 02:35:13 PM »
It isn't right to use a perjorative like mutilation to describe it, was the point.

Mutilation is the accurate term. It's the word "circumcision" that is euphemism. Some people even use the term "female circumcision", because accurately calling it mutilation is unpleasant and pronounces judgement as to the practice's barbaric essence,  which prevents the barbarians from attempting to launder or whitewash their evil.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

brimic

• friends
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2015, 02:45:59 PM »
Mutilation is the accurate term. It's the word "circumcision" that is euphemism. Some people even use the term "female circumcision", because accurately calling it mutilation is unpleasant and pronounces judgement as to the practice's barbaric essence,  which prevents the barbarians from attempting to launder or whitewash their evil.

Tomato/tomahto

FGM is not even in the same ballpark as male circumcism, but I think that ground has been covered before.

>:D [ar15]
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

zahc

• friend
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2015, 02:58:29 PM »
Tomato/tomahto

FGM is not even in the same ballpark as male circumcism, but I think that ground has been covered before.

>:D [ar15]

Saying it doesn't make it true. Of course girls and boys are different, there is that. but proponents of genital mutilation basically sound the same. There is no basis for choosing one to be acceptable over the other, except as a coping mechanism to avoid acknowledging one's own mutilation, or because one or the other is the norm in one's culture.

Circumcision is no notable negative effects on your health and does not inhibit ... sexual desire either.
The problem with the representation of ... circumcision as ‘mutilation’ is that the term, among other things, presupposes some irreversible and serious harm. This is not supported by current medical research on ... circumcision.
--Fuambai Ahmadu, "circumcised" woman. I removed the word "female" for clarity.

circumcised women point to the risks of painful clitoral adhesions that occur in girls and women who do not cleanse properly

What is removed is the prepuce - a small piece of the sheath that extends from the clitoris. That sheath has no sexual function

In a study in northern Sudan, published in 1983, only 558 (17.4 percent) of 3,210 women opposed FGM

Who advised the World Health Organization to coin the phrase "mutilation"? Whoever did was cynically manipulating language. We "mutilate" the umbilical cord by cutting it off at birth and arbitrarily deciding how long the navel should be. We "mutilate" our bodies with ear rings, tongue rings, tatoos, nose jobs etc.

--Nowa Omoigui, defending what I will continue to accurately call genital mutilation (of females)

These people, and arguments are obviously bunk to us. Because we are lucky to live in America, we know that clitoral adhesions are not the bane of intact women, that no part of the female genitalia is "superfluous". We know they are lying when they say sexual function is not impacted by removal of "extra" tissue or state that the clitoris is not important even interferes with intercourse. When it is women saying these things, we correctly discern that they are still wrong and either genuinely don't know what they are missing, or they are coping via ostrich method. After all, once you know you have been mutilated, you can be angry, sad, or just accept it, or deny it. Denial is adaptive.

People in countries that don't practice male genital mutilation, and who have intact genitals, know that arguments for MGM are just as laughable.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:53:55 PM by zahc »
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2015, 03:46:17 PM »
Saying it doesn't make it true.
Exactly.  That applies to your opinions just as much as anyone else's.  

=)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »
Saying it doesn't make it true. Of course girls and boys are different, there is that. but proponents of genital mutilation basically sound the same. There is no basis for choosing one to be acceptable over the other, except as a coping mechanism to avoid acknowledging one's own mutilation, or because one or the other is the norm in one's culture.
Nope.
FGM is the removal of the clitoris and oftentimes the labia as well.

FGM=/=circumcism

The word association you are using of circumcism--->FGM--->MGM is beyond absurd.

Its like saying an apple grows on a tree, a dog pees on the tree, so apple=dog pee. ;/

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2015, 04:11:15 PM »

--Fuambai Ahmadu, "circumcised" woman. I removed the word "female" for clarity.

--Nowa Omoigui, defending what I will continue to accurately call genital mutilation (of females)

These people, and arguments are obviously bunk to us. Because we are lucky to live in America, we know that clitoral adhesions are not the bane of intact women, that no part of the female genitalia is "superfluous". We know they are lying when they say sexual function is not impacted by removal of "extra" tissue or state that the clitoris is not important even interferes with intercourse. When it is women saying these things, we correctly discern that they are still wrong and either genuinely don't know what they are missing, or they are coping via ostrich method. After all, once you know you have been mutilated, you can be angry, sad, or just accept it, or deny it. Denial is adaptive.

People in countries that don't practice male genital mutilation, and who have intact genitals, know that arguments for MGM are just as laughable.

Do I understand your reasoning correctly:  FGM is wrong.  Someone somewhere used similar-sounding arguments to justify circumcision.  Therefore circumcision is wrong, too? 

This is obviously a logical fallacy, and I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to realize this.  What gives?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 06:08:06 PM »
Mutilation is the accurate term. It's the word "circumcision" that is euphemism.

Um, it's actually a literal description of the procedure.

:lol: You're claiming that every uncirc'ed/"unmutilated" American somehow knows that circumcision (literal, male circumcision) has none of the alleged benefits? Seriously? So basically every woman who buys into the health benefits of circumcision has had some work done to her privates. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:12:04 PM by fistful »

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2015, 07:16:20 PM »
OK. FGM

cutting off the covering of the clitoris = cutting off the foreskin (except the ramifications for woman are more drastic that the ones for men)
removing clitoris = cutting off the entire head of the penis (yes, guys, when chromosomes split and ya'll turn XY, that's what that started from)

sewing shut the labia = there is no equivalent.

Comparing FGM to male circumcision is a non starter. Even the mildest form makes sex outright painful, rather than (presumably) less pleasurable. mmmkay?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds