Author Topic: Question for those in the Medical Field RE: the Trans Fad  (Read 650 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Question for those in the Medical Field RE: the Trans Fad
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:30:28 AM »
I have to wonder, and, knowing such a treatment would be shunned by the "right-thinking" people, I realize it's unlikely that anyone in the research community would suggest this, BUT:

From my reading of studies, the vast majority of young children who exhibit some form of gender dysphoria lose those feelings with the onset of puberty. (Something on the order of 80-85%, IIRC).

Of course, people are trying to stop that normal progression by blocking puberty in many children.

I have to wonder, since we are performing experiments on these children with the puberty blocking with no concern for the long-term consequences, might there be any doctors willing to perform the opposite experiment?

For those who do go through puberty with persistent gender dysphoria, instead of replacing their natural hormones, enhance them. If normal puberty is successful in resolving 85% of the dysphoric children to their actual sex, might a greater dose of those hormones help some percentage of the remaining dysphoric in aligning their impressions with their sex?

I cannot speak to the outcomes, but to me it seems that a solution that doesn't require drugs, surgery, and sterilization but only requires one (drugs) of that grouping would be superior. And, as after normal puberty, the natural hormones tend to decrease, it is even possible that the drugs would not be a lifetime commitment. 

Anyone want to guess if a researcher would even be willing to consider such a thing?

Judging by the reactions to the recent studies on Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria and the "Detransitioning" studies, I'm betting there will be ZERO support.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Question for those in the Medical Field RE: the Trans Fad
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 12:20:35 PM »
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're proposing, wouldn't that have been a pretty standard option to try prior to the trans fad? Hormone therapy isn't that new. There may not be good data on the results, but it doesn't seem like an untried experiment to me. ???
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 12:42:30 PM »
I went to school with a guy who didn’t enter into puberty normally and at some point they did something to jumpstart him.

Of course I was really young also so I have no details other than fading memories.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 01:38:46 PM »
Can you imagine what would happen to a dr who did such a thing now?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 02:00:33 PM »
I have to wonder, and, knowing such a treatment would be shunned by the "right-thinking" people, I realize it's unlikely that anyone in the research community would suggest this, BUT:

From my reading of studies, the vast majority of young children who exhibit some form of gender dysphoria lose those feelings with the onset of puberty. (Something on the order of 80-85%, IIRC).

Of course, people are trying to stop that normal progression by blocking puberty in many children.

I have to wonder, since we are performing experiments on these children with the puberty blocking with no concern for the long-term consequences, might there be any doctors willing to perform the opposite experiment?

For those who do go through puberty with persistent gender dysphoria, instead of replacing their natural hormones, enhance them. If normal puberty is successful in resolving 85% of the dysphoric children to their actual sex, might a greater dose of those hormones help some percentage of the remaining dysphoric in aligning their impressions with their sex?

I cannot speak to the outcomes, but to me it seems that a solution that doesn't require drugs, surgery, and sterilization but only requires one (drugs) of that grouping would be superior. And, as after normal puberty, the natural hormones tend to decrease, it is even possible that the drugs would not be a lifetime commitment. 

Anyone want to guess if a researcher would even be willing to consider such a thing?

Judging by the reactions to the recent studies on Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria and the "Detransitioning" studies, I'm betting there will be ZERO support.

I think there's something out there that hates normal life and a normal life cycle.  Permanent loss of reproductive structures and capability is a feature to them.

I spent 2 years on Lupron, as part of treatment for "advanced prostate cancer".  It's a hormone blocker, also used to block puberty.  My experience was awful.  A year and a half off of it, and I'm getting to feel normal.  Anyone who does this to a kid, needs their head examined.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 02:18:51 PM »
I don't doubt that gender dysphoria is an actual thing and that there are adults who are really troubled by the body they were born with.  But I can't help but think that in a generation or two our society will be embarrassed by the current fad to attribute so much confusion to undiagnosed gender dysphoria.  The recent case comes to mind where the mother says her boy wants to be a girl but when s/he is with her father s/he dresses and acts like a boy by choice.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.