Author Topic: AZ Border heating up again for the summer  (Read 478 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
AZ Border heating up again for the summer
« on: June 07, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/bodies_found_pinal_county_06072010

CASA GRANDE - Pinal County officials have found two dead bodies in the desert off I-8 and milepost 150, Not far from where a deputy was shot in April.

Dispatch received a 911 call from a man Sunday night stating that he and a friend had been shot. Then the cell phone signal was lost.

Officials later found the bodies and two weapons, described as a long gun and handgun.

Detectives say the bodies were found about 500 to 1,000 yards from some sort of migrant camp.

The victims had tattoos indicating that they're from the area. The Pinal County Sheriff's Office has not concluded whether or not the victims are undocumented.

This is a developing story. Stay with myfoxphoenix.com for updates.

#1 - Casa Grande isn't exactly on the border, like Three Points or Nogales.  It's just south of Phoenix, and well north of Tucson.  A couple years ago we had a rash of kidnappings, drug mafia assassinations and shoot-outs.  If this type of stuff is happening up north in Casa Grande, then we're in for another hot summer, possibly with lead precipitating out of the air.

#2 - I'm not going to shed much in the way of tears for anyone that has tattoos that are easily identified as being regional, and the the police can't quickly conclude that the victims are undocumented or not.  Regional military tattoos imply rapid identification by law enforcement.  Regional cartel tattoos imply illegal aliens with significant criminal connections.

Found at the site were two firearms, so far only described as "a handgun and a long gun."
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: AZ Border heating up again for the summer
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:01:17 PM »
Holy smokes! I know where Casa Grande is. I was in Tucson on business a number of years ago and took a Saturday to head up to Phoenix to visit some cousins. I stopped at Casa Grande National Monument on the way. You're right -- that's NOT exactly right on the border. In fact, it's like 150 miles north of the border. I hadn't picked up on the fact that;s where the deputy was killed.

FWIW, one of my cousins is older than I. He and his wife had a condo in Scottsdale and a vacation home in Prescott (north of Phoenix). When my cousin died a couple of years ago, the first thing his widow did was to sell the condo and move full-time to Prescott. I asked her why she hadn't done the opposite, and she said it was because Scottsdale (and the entire Phoenix metropolitan area) was too dangerous.

By the way, my cousin was a county deputy and his widow packs, so when she said it's too dangerous it means something (to me, anyway).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design