Author Topic: Dear sweet fluffy Jesus on a felt-covered pogo stick...  (Read 7097 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Dear sweet fluffy Jesus on a felt-covered pogo stick...
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 12:04:31 AM »
Target the 8-10 year old group, that way you should be able to get up to Star Wars 37 (or so) before they grow too old to continue watching. The you just start all over.

bob

Don't forget the moirchendice!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 12:07:52 AM »
I don't understand the felt on the pogo stick.   ???   =D
"It's good, though..."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 12:23:04 AM »
>Of course I immediately noted that as a Disney production the likely-hood is high that the film will be oriented to an even younger audience than Episode 1 was.<

Yeah... just like their Vivid properties are so well geared towards younger... er...

Nevermind
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »

That's so the graboids don't hear it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 01:17:55 AM »
That's so the graboids don't hear it.

Walk Hop without rhythm.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 02:49:58 AM »
The Marvel properties have been good mindless blockbusters, but not really good movies. Pixar has gone steadily downhill since the acquisition. They'd have to work hard to screw it up worse than Lucas did. But the best case scenario is pretty decent mindless blockbusters. And that's a sad fate for such an intelligent and in depth extended universe.

Also, not just SW but all LucasFilms. So they have the rights to Indiana Jones too.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 05:06:05 AM »
I'm not optimistic. Not at all. Unless they pick up from after Return of the Jedi, it's going to be major suckage. Major. Now, as mentioned, A thrawn trilogy would be nice.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 06:50:17 AM »

Also, not just SW but all LucasFilms. So they have the rights to Indiana Jones too.

I'm not real concerned about Indiana Jones. That franchise slipped badly with Temple of Doom, then crashed hard with that Crystal Skull crap.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »
Yeah, they could combine Indy and Laboof with the Ancient Aliens guys and come up with a great movie.   :P :mad: [tinfoil] [barf]
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 08:35:54 AM »

Quieter than a flaming pogo stick. Stealthy.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »
Walk Hop without rhythm.

I see what you did there. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:05 AM »
I'm sure they'll be allowing mewling lickspittle wannabes such as Kevin Anderson, Barbara Hambly and Kathy Tyers write the screenplays for future movies...

(Argh!  I hate Kevin Anderson!  What he's done to Dune is every bit as bad as what all these hack "authors" have done to Star Wars, including Anderson...)

Dollars to donuts, this is Star Wars VII from Disney:

Or some similar tripe that gives us more 10 year olds acting in the Star Wars Universe on screen.

Will not watch unless it's Timothy Zahn's books.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
Will not watch unless it's Timothy Zahn's books.

I don't see how they can do the Tim Zahn stuff without recasting. The actors for Luke, Han, Leia etc.. are all way too old to star in a movie set not all that far after Return of The Jedi.

So far my the best thoughts I've read on the Disney buyout have come from John Scalzi:

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2012/10/30/quick-thoughts-on-disney-buying-lucasfilm/
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
I don't see how they can do the Tim Zahn stuff without recasting. The actors for Luke, Han, Leia etc.. are all way too old to star in a movie set not all that far after Return of The Jedi.

So far my the best thoughts I've read on the Disney buyout have come from John Scalzi:

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2012/10/30/quick-thoughts-on-disney-buying-lucasfilm/

Oh, I totally understand that it would have to be re-cast.

Although Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford aren't much older than Liam Neeson, and Neeson played a Jedi.

Still, it's fine with me if they re-cast Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa and the whole crew.

Think about what a privilege it would be as a newish actor to get to play Han Solo!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
Liam didn't play a jedi 30 years later in a movie that takes place just a few years later in the story.

Chris

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »
Well Carrie Fisher is def washed up, we need a casting call. I'm thinking Jessica Biel will do.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 03:02:59 PM »
Paramount did the new Star Trek movie a couple years back with all new actors.  It turned out pretty good.  I think they would just need to be careful about casting and acting to make damn sure they were true to the original characters.  I notice there is a new Star Trek movie coming out next year.

Also, if they did an Episode VII with new actors, what would you like to see for ships and special effects?  Would you want to see everything the same or would you like to see them improve the design to show the guns and such?  I think they could do some neat things to the fighters and shuttles also.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »
Paramount did the new Star Trek movie a couple years back with all new actors.  It turned out pretty good.  I think they would just need to be careful about casting and acting to make damn sure they were true to the original characters.  I notice there is a new Star Trek movie coming out next year.

Also, if they did an Episode VII with new actors, what would you like to see for ships and special effects?  Would you want to see everything the same or would you like to see them improve the design to show the guns and such?  I think they could do some neat things to the fighters and shuttles also.  

Same "generation" of ships as IV/V/VI.  X-wing, Y-wing, A-wing, B-wing, TIE, TIE-interceptor, TIE-bomber, etc.  I could accept perhaps a 1-generation leap forward, but designs need to be derivative of the above fighters, Correlian Corvettes, YT-1300's, Dreadnaughts, Nebulon Frigates, Victory-class Star Destroyers and such.

I'd be okay with updating cockpit displays, HUD units and things like that.  I did notice that Lucas had the prequel cockpit computers much more advanced looking than those of the original series, despite being set 30 years earlier.  That's true for both Imperial systems and Rebel, so it's not like people are home-brewing analog computers for black market hyperspace calculators or anything like that.

Though it could be said that the intervening 30 years between the prequels and originals ended up seeing a simplification of computing technology rather than increasing complexity, and the computers in IV/V/VI are simpler and more reliable and purpose-built.

--Lysander Spooner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »
Why not do an animated version with Ford, Fisher, Hamill, & Daniels voicing their roles? The CLONE WARS animated movies have been great technically, but weak on storyline.

If we're talking EU, I'd like to see THE TRUCE AT BAKURA as Ep. VII....and also see the Brian Daley Han Solo Trilogy books made into a movie series.....the first EU...and still the best....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »

If we're talking EU, I'd like to see THE TRUCE AT BAKURA as Ep. VII...

Truce at Bakura by Kathy Tyers turned Han Solo into a flower-twiddling wimp.  Nah-uh.  Keep her away from any Star Wars plots.  Her license is revoked for character assassination. 
--Lysander Spooner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »

Truce at Bakura by Kathy Tyers turned Han Solo into a flower-twiddling wimp.  Nah-uh.  Keep her away from any Star Wars plots.  Her license is revoked for character assassination. 

Are you sure you're not thinking about THE COURTSHIP OF PRINCESS LEIA? That book was a total chic flick....TWILIGHT with spaceships.  :facepalm:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 05:55:46 PM »
I loved the prequels. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 07:33:08 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »
I loved the prequels. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
i don't know if I would say they were that bad.  There are parts and scenes that I can watch over and over, but other parts I won't.  I can certainly see the things that get criticized the most.  

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »
Interesting tidbit.

Christie golden, author of some of the expanded universe novels, as well as some trek stuff and Warcraft stuff, is my friend Jeff's ex, and a friend of mine
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog