Author Topic: Freddy Gray, the fellow that they are destroying Baltimore for: His Rap Sheet  (Read 29932 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
My first thought was they are clearly over-charging in a politically motivated prosecution.

But then I reflected that's not much different than over-charging and hoping to force a plea bargain.

We need to do something about charges not being appropriate to the crime. But, I guess sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.

No we don't. They do it to non badge wearing folks all the time. A message needs to be sent. And I am hopeful this is the start of it. We have this, the SC officer being arrested, and the "I thought my gun was a taser" idiot in Oklahoma who is facing charges. It's s start. Not anywhere near where I'd like to see it. But it will do for now
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Given CSD's take on the recent back surgery, along with a lot of black shootings that turned out to be 180 degrees different than the MSM's narrative when the facts came out, I have to wonder if this charge by the State Attorney isn't heavily politically motivated.....

At any rate, I wouldn't want to be a cop in any city over the size of 50,000, because almost all of them are run by liberals who hate the police to start with.
Last I heard the back injury pre existing was bogus

The da is married to a council man. The one on the news telling the police to back off the rioters and spouting the usual it's because of the poor life they are stuck with its someone else's fault
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re:
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »
I think they charge heavy to encourage one or more cops to flip on the others. In this case with so many players it's gonna be difficult to pin on one person. Everyone will say it was someone else. I was surprised that the buckle em in thing was so new.
The other prisoner has given an interview that is much less definitive than police statement.
Lots of interesting things. If gray was having trouble breathing in the beginning he was certainly yelling pretty well. I know I can't if I am having an episode. And the banging the other prisoner now describes could a ,been gray thrashing in extremis. He says he didn't even know there was anyone else in wagon st first
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re:
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2015, 04:07:45 PM »
I think they charge heavy to encourage one or more cops to flip on the others. In this case with so many players it's gonna be difficult to pin on one person. Everyone will say it was someone else. I was surprised that the buckle em in thing was so new.
The other prisoner has given an interview that is much less definitive than police statement.
Lots of interesting things. If gray was having trouble breathing in the beginning he was certainly yelling pretty well. I know I can't if I am having an episode. And the banging the other prisoner now describes could a ,been gray thrashing in extremis. He says he didn't even know there was anyone else in wagon st first
I think they are trying to get one of the cops to rat-out who was in the back with Gray roughing him up, if that's what happened.
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
Freddie Gray was a small-time criminal.  I'd have to ask the cops involved if they really thought he was worth it.

On the flip side, Gray managed to take 6 (so far) dirty cops off the street.  He probably accomplished more in his death that the sum of his life.  RIP Freddie.
"It's good, though..."

• friends
Interesting and more interesting
Here's his warrant
At least we know why he ran
http://100percentfedup.com/states-attorney-lied-baltimore-police-had-probable-cause-due-to-a-warrant-for-grays-arrest/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zxcvbob

• friend
Interesting and more interesting
Here's his warrant
At least we know why he ran
http://100percentfedup.com/states-attorney-lied-baltimore-police-had-probable-cause-due-to-a-warrant-for-grays-arrest/

I looked up the warrant from the case number (I don't see a good way to post an image or a direct link here).  The case is closed and he was released on 3/18:

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/inquiryByCaseNum.jis  the number is 1B02290044

ETA: the case is closed because he's dead.  But the warrant was issued on 3/13 and he was released on bail on the 3/18, so the warrant was satisfied; not a reason to arrest him.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:17:02 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

• friends
You did better than I did I can't even find a case newer than 2012

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Wow, those are some heavy charges.  I hope the prosecutor has more evidence than has been released publicly.  Those charges aren't justified by the evidence we've seen so far.

I'm suspicious.  What do we know about this prosecutor?

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
Wow, those are some heavy charges.  I hope the prosecutor has more evidence than has been released publicly.  Those charges aren't justified by the evidence we've seen so far.

I'm suspicious.  What do we know about this prosecutor?

He shouldn't have been stopped or arrested in the first place. Everything subsequent to that is all on the police.  If they had not seized him, none of this woukd have happened. 
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
He shouldn't have been stopped or arrested in the first place. Everything subsequent to that is all on the police.  If they had not seized him, none of this woukd have happened. 
True, but does THAT justify  all the charges being levied against them?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
True, but does THAT justify  all the charges being levied against them?

IMO,  yes. Let the court decide the outcome.

Abraham Lincoln

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
IMO,  yes. Let the court decide the outcome.
Then you'd replace police abuse of power with prosecutorial abuse of power.  Justice isn't served by either one.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:31:58 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
No we don't. They do it to non badge wearing folks all the time. A message needs to be sent. And I am hopeful this is the start of it. We have this, the SC officer being arrested, and the "I thought my gun was a taser" idiot in Oklahoma who is facing charges. It's s start. Not anywhere near where I'd like to see it. But it will do for now

That little curfluffle is starting to grow legs, and tentacles and follicles. .. The true nature of the Tulsa County sheriff's "good ole boy" network is on the verge of becoming public knowledge and it ain't gonna be pretty.  TCSO and Tulsa city haven't always had the best relationship and this may beak some eggs.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
I would like to thank everyone for pointing out the errors of my ways.  I would also like to apologize to CS&D and ask his forgiveness.  I have removed the edits and the offending post.

I would also like to apologize to all the members of APS.  It seems I forgot what the "P" stood for.

I offer no excuses, nor justifications.  I was wrong.

As such, effective immediately, I will be banned from APS for the next ten days.  If the other mods feel this is insuffucient, I will accept whatever decisions they make, and simply ask to be notified via e-mail of any decision(s)/action(s) they choose to take.

Again, CS&D, I am truly sorry.   And to the members of APS, I regret and apologize for failing you.

-Scout26
Very magnanimous of you Scout! C@sd soen't say a lot but when he does it;s usually pretty relevant.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
http://time.com/3843870/marilyn-mosby-transcript-freddie-gray/

Transcript of the prosecutor's speech today.  Long but interesting.  It lays out her justification for the charges.  It's all based on the premise that the police should have requested s medic for Gray and did not.  

Info on Grays death is conspicuously absent.  We know what killed Gray (broken neck), but not when it happened, or where it happened, or how it happened, or why it happened, or who made it happen.

And do read the prosecutor's closing at the end of the transcript.  She's clearly playing politics here.  She's pandering to the mob, not seeking justice.

On net, I'm not convinced she's any better than your average dirty cop.  Probably worse, because she has more  raw political power and she knows how to use it.  I bet she can do far more damage than any cop.

• friends
Supreme Court disagrees with you some time ago that flight in a high crime area constitutes a probable cause

• friends
Re:
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2015, 07:02:36 AM »

• friends
Re:
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2015, 08:19:19 AM »
And the Supreme Court ruling the flight does establish a reasonable suspicion thereby allowing stop and search
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/98-1036.ZO.html

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Now charged the case will get less attention than it deserves. I say this due to the not quite all whitey oppressor nature of the mugshots. And it needs attention based on the number of people already produced who were permanently injured or sued the city over practices the same as alleged to have happened in this case.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
So how does all this discussion of RAS/PC or not, and overcharging, jibe with the talk about the overcharging being purposefull in order to encourage one or more to turn state's evidence in exchange for the usual deal(s)?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
Re:
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2015, 09:33:50 AM »

brimic

• friends
Re:
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »
Bmore has issues the link to the "speech" is painful
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/02/baltimore-rally-burn-down-stores-to-get-them-out-of-our-communities/
I wonder what they aregoing to do for food and medicine once they burn or intimidate their pharmacies/food stores into closing? 
About the only entrepreneurial drive in those people is selling illegal narcotics
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama