Author Topic: Pilot's gun goes off on US Airways flight.  (Read 12584 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: Pilot's gun goes off on US Airways flight.
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2008, 11:22:26 AM »
Let's think about it this way...let's not jump fly320's because he wont share.  Sharing could get him jammed up with the bosses that put stupid rules in place.  After all, if per chance they have to chamber/unlaod in the cockpit, because of teh fear of a pilot walking off of a plane with a loaded gun in a holster (gasp!  dangerous!), what do we think they'd do to fly320's if he went sharing information that someone said is supposed to be secret...

And, jfruser, most rules and regs are available...if you look in the right places.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2008, 02:52:59 PM »
I'm not jumping Fly320s because he won't share. I'm jumping Fly320s because he posted a snotty "False" and then refused to substantiate it.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »
Didn't mean to be snotty.  My apologies for coming across that way.

What would you consider to be "substantiated" from me?  Considering that this is a mostly-anonymous discussion, and that you and I have never met, how can anything I write be 100% verified by you?  You will either choose to believe me or your won't.  Either way, our lives are unchanged.

I can tell you that I am a pilot for a major airline and that I have flown with numerous FFDOs.  I can also tell you that because I have flown with FFDOs, I know what their procedures are.  Under no circumstances will I tell you, or anyone else who doesn't "need to know" what those procedures are.  Not even the flight attendents know all of the SOPs for the FFDOs, nor should they as the SOPs don't affect the FAs.  Nor will I talk about airline-general security precautions even though all that information is probably available in the public domain.  I'm not trying to be Secret Squirrel or Maxwell Smart, but I won't discuss sensitive security information on a public forum even if the information is already available to the public.  Part of my employment contract with my company stipulates that I am not allowed to discuss that info, and I will abide by the agreement.  Nothing personal to you, DJJ, or anyone else.

My "false" statement concerned the discussion of FFDOs loading and unloading their gun in the cockpit.  That does not happen.  Period.  That is all I will say on that topic.

I'm pretty sure I know what happened on the USAirways flight, but until the Federal Air Marshal Service, who is in charge of the FFDOs, releases that information to the public, I won't discuss it either.

edited to add:

Just for the record, it wasn't me.  grin  I don't work for USAirways, nor do I know any of their pilots.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
Just for the record, it wasn't me.  :grin:
Oh, like we've never heard that before...  cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2008, 03:37:21 PM »
Hey!!  I have proof..... Fistful.

Ta-Da.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »
Of COURSE! How could I be so blind? Is there no end to his dastardly deedliness?  shocked

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »
Let's think about it this way...let's not jump fly320's because he wont share.  Sharing could get him jammed up with the bosses that put stupid rules in place.

+friggin' 1.  There's no sense in Fly320s getting in any trouble for spilling the beans.

After all, if per chance they have to chamber/unlaod in the cockpit, because of teh fear of a pilot walking off of a plane with a loaded gun in a holster (gasp!  dangerous!), what do we think they'd do to fly320's if he went sharing information that someone said is supposed to be secret...

And, jfruser, most rules and regs are available...if you look in the right places.

One thing I'm curious about is this, why make them unload on the aircraft itself while it's in the air?  Wouldn't it be safer for the pilots to keep the weapon holstered and clear them off the plane, using a clearing barrel?

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »
Fistful....flying an airliner....

Why did my blood just freeze?  grin

(j/k grin )
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

johnster999

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 03:44:02 PM »
Anybody know if that's the HK LEM trigger vs the DA/SA?

280plus

• friend
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »
Fistful....flying an airliner....

Why did my blood just freeze?  grin

(j/k grin )
If he was I'd bet you'd pay more attention to the stewardess when she's 'splaining the O2 masks, emergency exits and seat cushion flotation devices.  shocked

laugh

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2008, 04:12:19 PM »
Can I bring a parachute with my carry-on luggage, if I'm unlucky enough to fly Fistful Airlines?

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2008, 04:17:14 PM »
Fair enough, Fly320s.
Just for the record, it wasn't me.   grin
Of course, you know that denial = guilt. Wink

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »
Can I bring a parachute with my carry-on luggage, if I'm unlucky enough to fly Fistful Airlines?

As a matter of fact, you can.   grin  However, you should deactivate the AAD, if the 'chute has one.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »
One thing I'm curious about is this, why make them unload on the aircraft itself while it's in the air? 

They don't.  Ever.

If I saw that, I'd blow a gasket.