Author Topic: "Black Veil Brides" and kiddo  (Read 19562 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: "Black Veil Brides" and kiddo
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:55 PM »
If your goal as a parent is merely to prevent your child from becoming a gang member or child abuser then I agree. But I'd certainly hope the parents here have higher standards than that.

Absolutely, I've long since added the ATF and IRS to my list.  =D
I promise not to duck.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
By the end of the last book she is not, but he insisted that she turn 18 and that they get married first.

that IS old fashioned   no wonder some are offended >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 04:30:24 PM »
If your goal as a parent is merely to prevent your child from becoming a gang member or child abuser then I agree. But I'd certainly hope the parents here have higher standards than that.

Absolutely, I've long since added the ATF and IRS to my list.  =D

Gangs tend to have some ethics and some (rare) redeeming qualities, however.  Twisted, sure, but they do exist.  AJ's additions lack even that.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »

The really, really creepy moment is when he decides to break up with her 'for her own good'. But... can yo spoil something which is already awful?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
why creepy?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

Have you read the books or are you just trolling again?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »
why creepy?

When Edward breaks up with Bella [because he thinks he's not good for her], he does the following:

He decided that in order to make sure Bella no longer loves him, he must break up with her in the most painful possible way.

As such, he leads her into the local forest (deep enough it takes her several hours to find her way home), announces the breakup in the harshest possible terms. THen, to ensure she will not have any memory of him, he runs ahead (using his vampire powers), sneaks into her bedroom and steals the gifts he gave her. Being he's Edward, he can;t bring himself to take the stuff, so he lifts up the floor in her room, hides it there, and replants the floor as if nothing happened. Then he runs away to Italy.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 02:45:58 AM »
Can't resist adding this...

According to kiddo, two of them are girls.  ??? Damned if I know...I'll guess persons at #2 and #4.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 02:57:33 AM »
I know we've moved past the book thing, but I'm going to weigh in anyway. The one thing I can say for my mother is that she never restricted what I read in the slightest. And I read everything. The sex scenes didn't make me have sex, the violence didn't lead me to go out and hurt people. Same with music. I listened to everything. Listening to the Dead Kennedys didn't make me want to lynch the landlord. I never restricted my kids in what they read or listened to either.

That said, TV, movies, video games - different story.
Agreed. Though visual images can have a more direct impact, I don't believe anyone ever went "twisted" without being extremely "twisted" to begin with, regardless of influences.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:03 AM »
Ok, BVB... my daughter likes your music, and that's ok. Trying to steal an icon of MY youth... Iron Maiden's "Eddie"... you won't get a nickel out of me. Really, that's....cheeky.

ArkhamNightmare

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »
According to kiddo, two of them are girls.  ??? Damned if I know...I'll guess persons at #2 and #4.

There was only ever one girl in the band (Sandra) then she left and her place was filled by C.C. (Christian Coma) .. and in that picture... none of them are girls.

ArkhamNightmare

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2012, 01:47:53 AM »
Ok, BVB... my daughter likes your music, and that's ok. Trying to steal an icon of MY youth... Iron Maiden's "Eddie"... you won't get a nickel out of me. Really, that's....cheeky.

BVB dresses like that because they grew up listening to the music of Motley Crue, Kiss and other numerous bands that they were to young to have seen or were not even born yet to have seen said bands in their prime.   Black Veil Brides are known for their distinct appearance, mainly being inspired by Kiss' stage persona as well as numerous 1980s glam metal acts. (they have said this in numerous interviews) They do the theatrics as a tribute to those they admire.
They actually play some decent rock music (just my thoughts) and i'm 26 and have always been into bands like Rob Zombie, Ozzy Osbourne and Motley Crue. But even I gotta say... I was surprised by BVB... and look foward to catching them live in a show.

Also... you may want to check out their covers of Billy Idol's  'Rebel Yell' and Kiss' Unholy featuring Zakk Wylde. They are pretty darn good.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 11:03:10 AM »
I'm curious to know what is so warped about Jane Austen's books, or how they would be inappropriate for a 13-year-old. I haven't read her whole catalog; just P&P, S&S and Emma.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 05:59:11 PM »
I'm curious to know what is so warped about Jane Austen's books, or how they would be inappropriate for a 13-year-old. I haven't read her whole catalog; just P&P, S&S and Emma.
Aside from being mindnumbingly boring?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein