Author Topic: Ooooh, the biggest news ever!  (Read 3913 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Ooooh, the biggest news ever!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
The nooz says they picked a name.  Does that mean we can end this now?

stay safe.
Of course not. Cause it needs to be reported the first time the royal diaper needs be changed.

I take an interest in the Brits royal family, just one of those odd interests. But they can shut up anytime and I'll be perfectly happy.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 01:39:01 AM »
Of course not. Cause it needs to be reported the first time the royal diaper needs be changed.

I take an interest in the Brits royal family, just one of those odd interests. But they can shut up anytime and I'll be perfectly happy.

They covered that the day they aired out the kid the first time.  According to daddy, who claims to have done the honors, the airing out was necessary.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 05:57:30 AM »
George, and 3rd in line to the throne. George, third, what could possibly go wrong?

My first thought though was of course...I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him...

and pat him and pet him
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 07:00:40 PM »
George, and 3rd in line to the throne. George, third, what could possibly go wrong?

lol.  Royals getting uppity towards us colonials.   :lol:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 07:03:36 PM »
July 22nd, 2013:  Nothing important happened today.   :rofl:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 10:00:21 PM »

My first thought though was of course...I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him...

and pat him and pet him
They could have declared solidarity with black Americans by naming him Trayvon, instead they named him after George Zimmerman.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »
lol.  Royals getting uppity towards us colonials.   :lol:

Oh good grief. He was named for his great grandfather and his great great grandfather. The other commen names in the Royal family are in use, impolitic (Edward abdicated and was succeded by Elizabeths father. She is convinced that his unlikely succesion to the throne contributed to his early death. She wouldn't appreciate a kid named for her uncle) or just plain bad luck (John, the last one died young)

The British Royals arn't exactly creative in picking names. No Northwests in their family tree.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 12:56:25 AM »
Oh good grief. He was named for his great grandfather and his great great grandfather. The other commen names in the Royal family are in use, impolitic (Edward abdicated and was succeded by Elizabeths father. She is convinced that his unlikely succesion to the throne contributed to his early death. She wouldn't appreciate a kid named for her uncle) or just plain bad luck (John, the last one died young)

The British Royals arn't exactly creative in picking names. No Northwests in their family tree.

I don't think folks are taking the "George" name all that seriously. Also, George is his personal name. He won't necessarily be a King George (if and when he is king), will he?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »

I don't think folks are taking the "George" name all that seriously. Also, George is his personal name. He won't necessarily be a King George (if and when he is king), will he?
IIRC, that is correct.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 08:43:01 AM »
The nooz says they picked a name.  Does that mean we can end this now?

A lotta folks have a sneaking affinity for being ruled by an overclass, to alleviate them of having to make life's tough choices and bare the consequences.

So, no, not really.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 01:56:37 PM »
A lotta folks have a sneaking affinity for being ruled by an overclass, to alleviate them of having to make life's tough choices and bare the consequences.

So, no, not really.

On this side of the pond they are called Democrats.

And by the way - might you have meant "bear" as in what we want to be allowed to do with arms?  I hope so, because there mere thought of pantsing consequences scares me.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
They could have declared solidarity with black Americans by naming him Trayvon, instead they named him after George Zimmerman.   =D

^^^ !!!Priceless!!! ^^^

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.