Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 451541 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7451 on: August 28, 2023, 04:28:34 PM »
Surely this is a two or three year old video, right?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7452 on: August 28, 2023, 09:15:02 PM »

Mask study published by NIH suggests N95 Covid masks may expose wearers to dangerous level of toxic compounds linked to seizures and cancer
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12443319/Mask-study-published-NIH-suggests-N95-Covid-masks-expose-wearers-dangerous-level-toxic-compounds-linked-seizures-cancer.html

Researchers from Jeonbuk National University in South Korea looked at two types of disposable medical-grade masks, as well as several reusable cotton masks.

The study found that the chemicals released by these masks had eight times the recommended safety limit of toxic volatile organic compounds (TVOCs).

Inhaling TVOCs has been linked to health issues like headaches and nausea, while prolonged and repeated has been linked to organ damage and even cancer.

It appears the problem masks were the disposable masks and others made of non-natural fibers.  They also mentioned opening them up and letting them air out before wearing helped reduce the chemicals. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7453 on: August 28, 2023, 09:19:58 PM »
May need to order a box or two of masks just in case they start mask mandates again and beat the panic.
They're pretty cheap and not much of a bother to keep on hand for just in case.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7454 on: August 28, 2023, 09:26:24 PM »
May need to order a box or two of masks just in case they start mask mandates again and beat the panic.
Unseal them and let them air out wherever you store them.

I still have a few of the fabric masks my mother made.  They were much more comfortable than anything else.  That said, I am going to avoid wearing one everywhere I possibly can. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #7455 on: August 28, 2023, 10:36:18 PM »
I gathered quite a few masks last time around, the box has somewhere near 100.  Plan is for the box to still have 100 or so after this blows over - again.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7456 on: August 29, 2023, 07:49:28 AM »
No.  NO.  HELL NO !!

Never had a flu shot.  Never got this "genetic experiment".  Not ever.

Don't worry...

Since you already have da 'awtizim, you won't be getting double secret awtizim... :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7457 on: August 30, 2023, 09:52:29 PM »

"Masks are for crooks and the Lone Ranger.
And you don't have any silver bullets."

>:D  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7458 on: August 30, 2023, 10:03:08 PM »
"Masks are for crooks and the Lone Ranger.
And you don't have any silver bullets."

>:D  :rofl:

Have a bunch of German MEN surplus nickel plated 7.62 NATO, definitely silver in color, and silver tip 7.62x54r  :P
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7459 on: August 30, 2023, 10:36:37 PM »
Would Winchester Silvertip work?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7460 on: September 03, 2023, 10:13:14 PM »
Have a bunch of German MEN surplus nickel plated 7.62 NATO, definitely silver in color, and silver tip 7.62x54r  :P

Nope.  "Looks can be deceiving."  Nickel isn't "silver".  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7461 on: September 03, 2023, 10:14:05 PM »
Would Winchester Silvertip work?

See above.  ;/

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7463 on: September 06, 2023, 08:17:46 PM »
Howard Stern fears the virus

I for one couldn't give a rat's turd what Stern thinks about anything but this paranoid seems prevalent in certain groups

During a Wednesday segment of his Sirius XM radio show, the shock jock conceded that he’s paranoid and "neurotic," especially when it comes to the virus, and noted that his wife, Beth Ostrosky Stern, is less so.

As he explained, this has led to tension and arguments with her as media outlets have been warning about a new coronavirus strain and his wife wants to go out and socialize.

Howard Stern admits fear of new COVID strain has caused fights with his wife: 'I'm scared,' 'neurotic'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/howard-stern-admits-fear-new-covid-strain-caused-fights-wife-scared-neurotic
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 09:14:57 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7464 on: September 06, 2023, 08:55:45 PM »
I don't really pay attention to Stern, but didn't he go full blown nazi maniac during covid round 1? Anyway, he's an arrogant putz.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7465 on: September 06, 2023, 09:16:28 PM »
I don't really pay attention to Stern, but didn't he go full blown nazi maniac during covid round 1? Anyway, he's an arrogant putz.

Yep

Just thought it was an example of how they got so many people afraid to even leave their homes
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7466 on: September 06, 2023, 09:25:41 PM »
After Third Infection, COVID Desperately Seeks Vaccine Against Whoopi Goldberg
https://babylonbee.com/news/covid-desperately-searching-for-vaccine-against-whoopi-goldberg
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7467 on: September 08, 2023, 09:03:32 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7468 on: September 08, 2023, 11:50:35 AM »
Howard Stern fears the virus

I for one couldn't give a rat's turd what Stern thinks about anything but this paranoid seems prevalent in certain groups

Howard Stern admits fear of new COVID strain has caused fights with his wife: 'I'm scared,' 'neurotic'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/howard-stern-admits-fear-new-covid-strain-caused-fights-wife-scared-neurotic

Now if they would take away his microphones the world would be a much better place.

bob
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 01:03:13 PM by BobR »

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7469 on: September 12, 2023, 02:07:03 AM »
Well, here I am with the sample population of St. Louis, a machine city.

Three deaths have been attributed to the 'vid in the past 90 days.

No demographics data available for them, but guessing that some geezers caught a bad cold.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7470 on: September 12, 2023, 03:32:42 PM »

Dr. Mark Adickes
@jocktodoc
·
18h
Aaron Rodgers injury appears to be either Lisfranc foot injury, ankle sprain or possibly even Achilles. Similar mechanism to JK Dobbins injury Sunday. 
Best case is ankle sprain. Will miss several weeks best case.

Enter Keith Olbermann

Keith Olbermann⌚️
@KeithOlbermann
Another #SuddenLisfranc due to failure to vaccinate 💉💉💉💉💉💉
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/1701395489378148703?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What a jackass
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7471 on: September 25, 2023, 08:07:31 AM »
    Hydroxychloroquine may also be used to treat coronavirus (COVID-19) in certain hospitalized patients. …

Hydroxychloroquine should only be used for COVID-19 in a hospital or during clinical trials. Do not take any medicine that contains hydroxychloroquine unless prescribed by your doctor.

I'm sure the narrative will become they were for it all along and it was that darn Trump who was against it.

Mayo Clinic: Sometimes Hydroxychloroquine works on Covid, after all
https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2023/09/25/mayo-clinic-hydroxychloroquine-actually-works-on-covid-n2387688
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7472 on: September 25, 2023, 08:15:24 AM »
Oh and questioning Fauci is violence

Fauci: “I’ve been involved in saving, literally, millions of lives,” yet @RonDeSantis is stoking violence against me pic.twitter.com/ck417jbSoc
    — Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) September 24, 2023

Anthony Fauci claims Ron DeSantis challenging his narrative is 'violence' in latest interview
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2023/09/24/fauci-desantis-inciting-violence-against-him-n2387684
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7473 on: September 25, 2023, 12:20:49 PM »
St. Louis Sample Population:

Our Covid dashboard that is run by the machine is now listing FIVE deaths attributed to the 'vid in the past three months.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7474 on: September 26, 2023, 02:19:48 PM »
Some awesome trolling by Elon.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1706676593261785178