Author Topic: NPR CEO steps down  (Read 3327 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
NPR CEO steps down
« on: March 09, 2011, 12:45:34 PM »
NPR exec. caught on tape, saying that Tea Party is racist.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110309/ap_on_en_ot/us_npr_tea_party_criticism

Is it too wildly optimisic, to hope that NPR could really be de-funded in the near future?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: NPR CEO steps down
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:47:02 PM »
hey he said they would be better off lets help em out
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »
...and admitted that they can be weaned off public money.

I watch a fair amount of PBS programming, and there's an NPR spinoff music station in DFW that's really neat. But I fail to see how they both shouldn't be expected to compete in the current media marketplace. The effort and time they expend on pledge drives and praising donors could be used to drum up sponsorships the way everyone else does.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
...and admitted that they can be weaned off public money.

I watch a fair amount of PBS programming, and there's an NPR spinoff music station in DFW that's really neat. But I fail to see how they both shouldn't be expected to compete in the current media marketplace. The effort and time they expend on pledge drives and praising donors could be used to drum up sponsorships the way everyone else does.

I've heard there music shows before, quite good. I am however sick and tired of the drivel propaganda they puke on people.

Is it too wildly optimistic, to hope that NPR could really be de-funded in the near future?
I certainly hope its de-funded.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »
Sean Gabb, relevant once more:

http://www.seangabb.co.uk/flcomm/flc047.htm

Nor do I think privatisation a good idea. As said, the BBC is a great broadcasting organisation. Freed from state control, it might easily grow larger and richer and more powerful. This would not necessarily diminish its control by the Enemy Class—look at CNN and the other American networks. Therefore, it must be destroyed, its copyrights transferred to a successor company for licensing to other broadcasters.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »
^^^^^^^
priceless!! Thanks HTG!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »
From the comments:

"NPR is college radio without the professionalism or production quality."

Ouch.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 03:37:14 PM »
From the comments:

"NPR is college radio without the professionalism or production quality."

Ouch.

Thanks! another nugget for facebook!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
I listened to the audio from O'Keefe's undercover video. The NPR exec had some choice words about Jews that the Yahoo News article didn't mention. Something along the lines of Jews running all of the newspapers and controlling the news.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 08:09:16 PM »
Well........Bye.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »
Well........Bye.
Tombstone fan!?  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »
Well don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya.

Answer me this:  Why are people still oblivious to the fact that a large majority of people in America have video capabilities on their phones and know how to use it.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »
folks in power get to feeling above it all. the rules don't apply to them  till someone breaks it off in em
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 04:45:04 AM »
The video showed two conservative activists posing as members of a fake Muslim group at a lunch meeting with NPR's top fundraiser, Ron Schiller, who is not related to Vivian Schiller and who also resigned. The men offered NPR a $5 million donation and engaged in a wide-ranging discussion about tea party Republicans, pro-Israel bias in the media and anti-intellectualism.

Hmm...I'm certainly far from being a "top fundraiser," but I do know enough to wonder how a group I can't find out anything about has $5M to donate to me just out of the blue.  If I met with them at all, I'd be watching my words and watching my back.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »
Hmm...I'm certainly far from being a "top fundraiser," but I do know enough to wonder how a group I can't find out anything about has $5M to donate to me just out of the blue.  If I met with them at all, I'd be watching my words and watching my back.
They set up a website and did other background stuff to establish the group.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
They set up a website and did other background stuff to establish the group.

With that sort of an offer, I'd still be looking at things like when the domain was registered, whether archive.org has any history of it, whether well-known similar organizations (CAIR, etc.) know anything about them.  A $5M offer from left field just reeks of a setup.

Of course, any of you are welcome to prove me wrong with a $5M campaign contribution.  I will, however, need name, address, employer and job title with that.

CSM Kersh

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 11:03:36 AM »

What?  No more cowboy poetry?   [popcorn]
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »
With that sort of an offer, I'd still be looking at things like when the domain was registered, whether archive.org has any history of it, whether well-known similar organizations (CAIR, etc.) know anything about them.  A $5M offer from left field just reeks of a setup.

Of course, any of you are welcome to prove me wrong with a $5M campaign contribution.  I will, however, need name, address, employer and job title with that.

The difference there being you aren't a high ranking exec with a publicly funded radio station.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 11:27:18 AM »
The difference there being you aren't a high ranking exec with a publicly funded radio station.

You have the opportunity to change that.  (Though I'm not sure how to report an entire radio station as a campaign contribution.)   :laugh: