Author Topic: Police officer pressured to bring charges against Zimmerman  (Read 3313 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/12/2892510/more-evidence-released-in-zimmerman.html

The lead Sanford Police investigator who sought manslaughter charges against George Zimmerman told the FBI that a sergeant and two other officers tried to pressure him into making an arrest in the controversial case — even though he didn’t think there was enough evidence.

Read the whole article. Seems the officers who were pressuring him are also under suspicion of leaking information about the case.

Glad that this is just about "justice" and not a politically motivated sop to a minority community.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Police officer pressured to bring charges against Zimmerman
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »
Interesting. 

Just a curious question:  How do some of these people think the investigation was messed up? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »
Interesting. 

Just a curious question:  How do some of these people think the investigation was messed up? 

Because the evidence wasn't leading to the "correct" conclusion?
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
Because the evidence wasn't leading to the "correct" conclusion?
Well, that is certainly what it looks like, but I have heard people say that since the beginning.  I figured someone must have a list or something. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 03:37:14 PM »
Well, that is certainly what it looks like, but I have heard people say that since the beginning.  I figured someone must have a list or something.  

Well, I can give you a list of the objections that I heard on how it was messed up:

1) They never even took him to the precinct to question him!
2) They let him keep his gun and just go home!
3) They never even bothered to interview witnesses!
4) They left that poor sweet boy's body lie on a slab for a week and didn't even try to find his parents!
5) They just assumed poor poor Trayvon was a criminal and said "good shoot" and stopped investigating!
6) They were racists who figured the angelic black child deserved it!
7) They just did a favor for their good-old-boy friend, Zimmerman!
8) They swept it under a rug because Zimmerman's judge father pulled some strings!
9) There was never any evidence of wounds on Zimmerman, so his story was completely made up!
10) Zimmerman used a racial slur in the tape of his call to the police, so this was obviously racially motivated!
11) Zimmerman ignored a DIRECT POLICE ORDER to stay in his car!!!!
12) Zimmeman was never even arrested!!

I'm not even close to exhausting the list of what I've seen, either. Of course, every single one of these is false and has been proven to be so.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »
Well, I can give you a list of the objections that I heard on how it was messed up:

1) They never even took him to the precinct to question him!
2) They let him keep his gun and just go home!
3) They never even bothered to interview witnesses!
4) They left that poor sweet boy's body lie on a slab for a week and didn't even try to find his parents!
5) They just assumed poor poor Trayvon was a criminal and said "good shoot" and stopped investigating!
6) They were racists who figured the angelic black child deserved it!
7) They just did a favor for their good-old-boy friend, Zimmerman!
8) They swept it under a rug because Zimmerman's judge father pulled some strings!
9) There was never any evidence of wounds on Zimmerman, so his story was completely made up!
10) Zimmerman used a racial slur in the tape of his call to the police, so this was obviously racially motivated!
11) Zimmerman ignored a DIRECT POLICE ORDER to stay in his car!!!!
12) Zimmeman was never even arrested!!

I'm not even close to exhausting the list of what I've seen, either. Of course, every single one of these is false and has been proven to be so.

If you type them in ALL CAPS they become less false.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 10:50:25 PM »
In fairness, they seem to have ignored his cousin's allegations that he is motivated by racism - they probably were right in figuring that her allegations that Zimmerman sexually abused her would taint her picture of his character:  http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/16/12768889-witness-zimmerman-did-not-like-black-people?lite&__utma=14933801.62967478.1342401276.1342422641.1342491871.4&__utmb=14933801.3.10.1342491871&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1342401276.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc%7Ccover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=78346260
In a separate taped interview with investigators, Witness #9 alleges that Zimmerman took opportunities when the families were together to sexually molest her. The alleged incidents would have taken place when Zimmerman, two years older than the witness, was between 8 and 18 years old.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 11:12:26 PM »
So, other than the vague testimony of someone with ample reason to want to send Zimmerman up, is there any evidence he was a racist?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:17:27 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 11:31:17 PM »
So, other than the vague testimony of someone with ample reason to want to send Zimmerman up, is there any evidence he was a racist?

None.  That's accurately reflected in the charges against him, which have no racial bias or hate elements.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 10:41:51 AM »
The primary purpose of floating racism or molestation accusations (note, I didn't write charges or evidence) against Zimmerman is to taint the jury pool . . . so they'll be thinking "HE'S A BAD PERSON!!!" when they go into court.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »
Now he's a *expletive deleted*ing child molester  :facepalm:

Linky

I'm starting to agree with a POV one of my friends made early on. Dude should have jumped the first plane to Paris when it became apparent he was going to be railroaded and made an example of.

Generally against that sort of thing, but damn if I aint getting close to agreeing with that.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »
In fairness, they seem to have ignored his cousin's allegations that he is motivated by racism - they probably were right in figuring that her allegations that Zimmerman sexually abused her would taint her picture of his character:  http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/16/12768889-witness-zimmerman-did-not-like-black-people?lite&__utma=14933801.62967478.1342401276.1342422641.1342491871.4&__utmb=14933801.3.10.1342491871&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1342401276.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc%7Ccover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Earned%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=78346260
Well, 2 years difference is not statutory rape or child molestation.  I don't know how you would define sexual molestation.  I assume it would be sexual assault/rape or nothing. 

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »
Well, 2 years difference is not statutory rape or child molestation.  I don't know how you would define sexual molestation.  I assume it would be sexual assault/rape or nothing. 

Groping an 8 year old under the sheets???  Yeah, not too sure about that.

It's not relevant to this case, although its ironic given that some have speculated that Martin might have thought he was a sexual predator.

it's not like the state manufactured this witness - she came forward of her own accord, and by some accounts her whole family received an apology for the molestation from Zimmerman.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 09:05:51 PM »
Color me skeptical that she doesn't tell the police until she's a witness against him in a murder case.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.