Author Topic: Ruined 3 monitors...  (Read 3335 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Ruined 3 monitors...
« on: November 14, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »
...trying to snatch this man's heart out of his chest while watching video. :mad:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/13/obamacare_architect_genetic_lottery_winners_have_been_paying_an_artificially_low_price.html

We currently have a highly discriminatory system where if you’re sick, if you’ve been sick or [if] you’re going to get sick, you cannot get health insurance. The only way to end that discriminatory system is to bring everyone into the system and pay one fair price. That means that the genetic winners, the lottery winners who've been paying an artificially low price because of this discrimination now will have to pay more in return. And that, by my estimate, is about four million people. In return, we'll have a fixed system where over 30 million people will now for the first time be able to access fairly price and guaranteed health insurance.

Please define:
1. Fair.
2. Insurance.
3. Discrimination.

Exposed for the violent communism it is.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Ruined 3 monitors...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »
the genetic winners, the lottery winners

For those who've never met an honest, consistent liberal, this is what they all think.

Anything you have (cars, house, family, television, etc..), everything you are (intelligent, hardworking, determined, outgoing, good-looking, etc...) and everything you do (music, athletics, math, science, etc...) is all a result of luck. If you have, are, or do anything better than anyone else, you are "lucky."

These people don't believe in human choice; they believe in determinism. Thus, if you "worked hard" to get where you are, you were just lucky that you were born a "hard worker." If you came up with an idea no one else ever thought of, you were just lucky you have the genetics to give you a mind like that.

As a result, you don't deserve what you have. No one deserves to have anything more than anyone else because you only have it because you are "lucky." (And I mean ANYONE else.)

To these people, Harrison Bergeron isn't a frightening warning. It's utopia. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »
"Genetic Lottery Winners?"

Al Pacino voice/"Gattaca! Gattaca! Gattaca!"/Al Pacino voice.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 03:45:46 PM »
For those who've never met an honest, consistent liberal, this is what they all think.

Anything you have (cars, house, family, television, etc..), everything you are (intelligent, hardworking, determined, outgoing, good-looking, etc...) and everything you do (music, athletics, math, science, etc...) is all a result of luck. If you have, are, or do anything better than anyone else, you are "lucky."

These people don't believe in human choice; they believe in determinism. Thus, if you "worked hard" to get where you are, you were just lucky that you were born a "hard worker." If you came up with an idea no one else ever thought of, you were just lucky you have the genetics to give you a mind like that.

As a result, you don't deserve what you have. No one deserves to have anything more than anyone else because you only have it because you are "lucky." (And I mean ANYONE else.)

To these people, Harrison Bergeron isn't a frightening warning. It's utopia. 

Quoted for truth.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 03:46:22 PM »
Amazing how fast they start spewing Harrison Bergeron-type nonsense when they think they’re in safe company, or when they simply forget themselves and go off-script.

I hope it’s just as amazing to them how fast we start shooting them if/when the time comes, once they’ve gone too far.  Of course, we’re fifty to a hundred years “too far”, at least by the standards of the Revolution.
I promise not to duck.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »
Amazing how fast they start spewing Harrison Bergeron-type nonsense when they think they’re in safe company, or when they simply forget themselves and go off-script.

I hope it’s just as amazing to them how fast we start shooting them if/when the time comes, once they’ve gone too far.  Of course, we’re fifty to a hundred years “too far”, at least by the standards of the Revolution.

That's the big problem with our side; we like to think those rifles keep us safe from tyranny but there's no will to use them.  A rifle is a tool, it's useless without the will to use it.

We might know how to make a shot, but we don't know how to organize and work as a group.  We sneer at the idea of militias, and demean their members saying "Grow up, if you want to play solider join the army!"  We may be marksmen, but we aren't soldiers.

Paton said: "An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, and fights as a team. This individual hero stuff is bulls*&^."  I agree.  Yea, one guy can make a mess.  Given.  But he will be denounced by everyone, even his own people.  Look at how these things have played out throughout history.  Effective political change isn't ever achieved by one man with a rifle, at least not the change he's trying to achieve.

I contend the rifles will remain an ineffectual and empty threat until the people carrying them strongly organize.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 04:15:47 PM »
So by the logic of the wackjob in the linked article:  I am discriminating against obese people because I spend less on food than they do.  And in order to make things equal I should have to pay for some portion of their meals . . .

:facepalm: [ar15]
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »
Sounds like they want mutual health insurance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_insurance
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »
So by the logic of the wackjob in the linked article:  I am discriminating against obese people because I spend less on food than they do.  And in order to make things equal I should have to pay for some portion of their meals . . .

:facepalm: [ar15]

Not only that, we should take some of your lung tissue and give it to smokers.

And diabetics are entitled to one of your kidneys after they go into renal failure.

None of it is the fault of the smoker... he was born with the addiction to nicotine and you weren't.  It's just fair.  Nor is the fault of the diabetic.  Not his fault that when he goes out and drinks 4 beers and eats buffalo wings at the bar with all the guys for a couple decades, his body can't process that kind of food.  It's unfair that his kidneys failed before yours did.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 04:41:10 PM »

A lot of people have that whole "entitlement" mindframe. A lotta liberals, but not always.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »
While I think he's a frightful slab of damnation, didn't Vonnegut nail this one like 50 years ago?

ETA:  duhrrrr....

I read mak's post and thought "Who the heck is Harrison whatzisname.... Say, didn't I read a story once...".  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:50:48 PM by Azrael256 »

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
This is a huge issue for preppers, because many people believe prepping vs buying luxury goods like a boat is a matter of luck and not a decision. I have seen many examples of people thinking those who have some noun should share, but they never volunteer to share what they have with the faceless masses. If I should share my food, fuel, and supplies, then why don't they share their food and clothes?

This reminds me of a story my economics professor told us about communism. A man was being tested on his doctrine and is asked what he would do if he had two of a few different things, including cars, and each time the man says he would give one to society. Until the tester asks what the man would do if he had two coats, and the man then gives an excuse about why he needs both of his coats.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »
I find it fascinating that the same mental midgets who want everyone to pay the same amount for health insurance, regardless of how much or little healthcare they need or use, are the same mental midgets who have decided that it's NOT fair for everyone to pay the same taxes for road and infrastructure construction and maintenance, but instead they want to charge us my how many miles we drive.

If its right to charge drivers for how much they use the roads, why is it wrong to charge patients for how much they use the healthcare system?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:10:03 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »
I find it fascinating that the same mental midgets who want everyone to pay the same amount for health insurance, regardless of how much or little healthcare they need or use, are the same mental midgets who have decided that it's NOT fair for everyone to pay the same taxes for road and infrastructure contstruction and maintenance, but instead they want to charge us my how many miles we drive.

If its right to charge drivers for how much they use the roads, why is it wrong to charge patients for how much they use the healthcare system?

They only get part of the formula right with the driving, too.  It should be axle weight * number of axles * miles driven.  Not just miles driven.  50,000 miles from a 250cc motorcycle doesn't cause near the wear that 5000 miles from a F-350 will do.  Yes, a Pious should cost less per mile driven than a Suburban.
--Lysander Spooner

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 11:03:49 PM »
Hypocrisy is one of the benchmark foundations of NeoLiberalism, now commonly called "Progressivism" which was originally called Communism or Marxism.

Stupid is another identifier for the NeoLiberal.  I always like to mention that the the Progressives of the 30's were communists.  It's sort of fun watching their mouth drop open and the silence that follows.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »
That's the big problem with our side; we like to think those rifles keep us safe from tyranny but there's no will to use them.  A rifle is a tool, it's useless without the will to use it.

We might know how to make a shot, but we don't know how to organize and work as a group.  We sneer at the idea of militias, and demean their members saying "Grow up, if you want to play solider join the army!"  We may be marksmen, but we aren't soldiers.

Paton said: "An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, and fights as a team. This individual hero stuff is bulls*&^."  I agree.  Yea, one guy can make a mess.  Given.  But he will be denounced by everyone, even his own people.  Look at how these things have played out throughout history.  Effective political change isn't ever achieved by one man with a rifle, at least not the change he's trying to achieve.

I contend the rifles will remain an ineffectual and empty threat until the people carrying them strongly organize.

First rule of Fight Club....
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
Why are those who are such rabid supporters of evolution so against natural selection? ??? ???
Can you think of a form of natural selection that there isn't a liberal fighting tooth and nail against?
- endangered California condors
-endangered Spotted owls
-Peanut allergies
- starving ghetto children
-CCW (natrual selection against criminals)

-----> and this is coming from someone who comes from a family where Type-2 diabetes, heart disease, and cancer run rampant.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:06:00 PM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

zahc

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »
They only get part of the formula right with the driving, too.  It should be axle weight * number of axles * miles driven.  Not just miles driven.  50,000 miles from a 250cc motorcycle doesn't cause near the wear that 5000 miles from a F-350 will do.  Yes, a Pious should cost less per mile driven than a Suburban.

It's worse than that. I don't remember the exact numbers but road wear is actually proportional to some power of the axle weight. If you really followed the math it would cost several times more for a pickup vs. a car, compact cars would be practically free, and semi trucks would pay effectively all of the road use taxes.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
They ought to pay us to ride motorcycles
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 09:25:05 PM »
It's worse than that. I don't remember the exact numbers but road wear is actually proportional to some power of the axle weight. If you really followed the math it would cost several times more for a pickup vs. a car, compact cars would be practically free, and semi trucks would pay effectively all of the road use taxes.

Proportional to the 4th power of the axle loading, I read once.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.