Author Topic: Texas Supremes Strike Blow Against Licensing  (Read 3340 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Texas Supremes Strike Blow Against Licensing
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »
This thread is both amusing and confusing.

The only hair cutting around here besides reg'lar shaving is I use a nose hair trimmer on my nose and ears. 

Oh, and to take off the "old man" wild hairs from my eyebrows.  Untended, they grow long enough to actually get in my eyes.

Maybe I should look into this "threading" stuff.  Do they do it for nose and ear hairs, too?

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 12:22:58 PM »
This thread is both amusing and confusing.

The only hair cutting around here besides reg'lar shaving is I use a nose hair trimmer on my nose and ears. 

Oh, and to take off the "old man" wild hairs from my eyebrows.  Untended, they grow long enough to actually get in my eyes.

Maybe I should look into this "threading" stuff.  Do they do it for nose and ear hairs, too?

Terry

In your case "braiding" may be another option.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 01:19:14 AM »
Yeah !  Then I could tie them to my eyeglasses to keep them from sliding down my nose.  Hey ! What a great idea !

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 07:57:31 AM »
Maybe I should look into this "threading" stuff.  Do they do it for nose and ear hairs, too?

Terry

Will threading ever be a substitute for a bikini wax?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 10:21:35 AM »
The free market would offer a solution through guilds and insurance companies.

This, and a simple process of informing the customers; if Bubba wants to cut hair without a license or insurance and I, knowing that, still want a $2 hair cut from him, the state has no business interfering with that transaction.  With smartphones and QR codes, it's easy enough for a customer to verify the insurance company's sticker on the door and see right away that the barber/scrotum waxer/witch doctor/toenail nibbler at this address has current insurance covering at least $X worth of damages that occur during a specified list of services, and make a true informed decision.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 06:10:16 PM »
All the above (insurance Co's, Guild's, QR stickers, etc.)  require the .gov to enforce the law.

Court should be very simple, you either pay or spend a day in jail/prison for every x dollars owed.  (after all your stuff gets sold).  Won't take many 'tards to get that message..

Serves as an incentive to get insurance.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »
All the above (insurance Co's, Guild's, QR stickers, etc.)  require the .gov to enforce the law.

Not so much; just the contract law in the sense of making it illegal for Bubba to misrepresent himself as having insurance, and making the insurance company pay up if he has it and screws up.

The insurance model also makes it much more practical for a wide field like cosmetology; the insurers have a market incentive to gain customers by requiring only as much training (or demonstration of ability) as necessary so more people will qualify to buy their product.  They also have the obvious incentive to make sure they're requiring enough to reduce the likelihood of excessive payouts for a covered procedure by a covered client.  That means they have a good reason to sit down and come up with a good number of different packages, each with different requirements, prices and covered procedures lists.