Author Topic: Bad news for gun owners 2015  (Read 3316 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Bad news for gun owners 2015
« on: December 31, 2015, 12:25:12 AM »
Came across a reference to an article talking about the Christmas "gift" that several members of Congress have introduced, a bill named

To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Link to article: http://truthalerts.com/new-ban-bill-hits-congress-targets-semi-automatic-rifles-handguns-to-ensure-that-the-right-to-keep-and-bear-arms-is-not-unlimited/

Link to the bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

Not surprised by the listing of co-sponsors of this abomination, mostly if not all true blue jackasses.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Bad news for gun owners 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:50:16 AM »
I hope they push hard. Every time they try it's a loser for them and a win for the gun industry.

Obama and his ilk are the best gun salesmen ive ever seen
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
I doubt it will go anywhere, still;  .......

.... to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited .....

That there tells us just what our politicians think of our "inalienable" rights.   :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 11:30:55 AM »
Don't hills like this get introduced every session? The know it won't Ho anywhere because there's no support for it, but they do it anyway to pander to their base. Similar to bills to abolish Obamacare.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 05:31:30 PM »
I hope they push hard. Every time they try it's a loser for them and a win for the gun industry.

Obama and his ilk are the best gun salesmen ive ever seen

The flip side is that it if by some sort of great cosmic luck that they do pass a sweeping gun control bill and its signed by the president, someone is going to have to do the dirty work of confiscation- after being salesmen of the century and selling millions of brand new handguns and  modern sporting rifles. >:D [popcorn] :facepalm:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 07:46:04 PM »
I read the whole thing, and it's basically a retread of the old AWB.  Can't see it getting enough traction to pass.   Scary number of cosponsors...think it's close to the entire Dem line up.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 08:56:38 PM »
. . .
Not surprised by the listing of co-sponsors of this abomination, mostly if not all true blue jackasses.
Unless I missed it, every one has a "D" after his/her name . . . not a single "R" . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 06:27:14 AM »
Unless I missed it, every one has a "D" after his/her name . . . not a single "R" . . .

If it ever makes it to the floor for a vote, there will be plenty of (R)s pushing the [Y] button.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 12:30:53 PM »
How many Democrats will want to vote for it before an election?  Congressmen love making token gestures to satisfy their base supporters.  The Repbulicans do it all the time (looking at you Cornyn).  How many of them would actually want this anywhere near a floor vote before an election?  I think it goes no where.

However, I have a few AR's wouldn't mind selling so I hope they talk it up a lot.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 01:45:36 PM »
In other good news, CNN indicated the Executive Order will be announced in the next few days...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 03:30:21 PM »
In other good news, CNN indicated the Executive Order will be announced in the next few days...
Saw a story that BHO plans to announce it at his State of the Union.

Some scuttlebutt says that there will be some "clarification" on what constitutes "dealing" but it wasn't clear whether it will involve the number of guns sold annually OR be based on the money involved.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 03:33:38 PM »
I heard a story this morning where they said he was honing in on private party transfers.  I can't recall if we've talked here about the legality of EOs regarding that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 03:58:28 PM »
I heard a story this morning where they said he was honing in on private party transfers.  I can't recall if we've talked here about the legality of EOs regarding that.

Not this thread, but others. Long story short, can't create a criminal law by E.O.  But I don't want to be the test case, ya know.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »
Not this thread, but others. Long story short, can't create a criminal law by E.O.  But I don't want to be the test case, ya know.
And there lay the rub. He may not be able to, but in practice he will and getting him smacked back will be so drawn out he'll probably be out of office before its undone.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 05:22:44 PM »

Though if he said, "more than one transfer a year = dealer", could he get away with that? That would not be making it criminal, but would require people to jump through the licensing hoops if they wanted to sell more than one gun a year, or else go through a dealer, or else just say, "FU" and black market their guns to willing buyers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »
Though if he said, "more than one transfer a year = dealer", could he get away with that? That would not be making it criminal, but would require people to jump through the licensing hoops if they wanted to sell more than one gun a year, or else go through a dealer, or else just say, "FU" and black market their guns to willing buyers.

Probably that.  Go offline and to hell with the Feds.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 10:00:42 PM »
Probably that.  Go offline and to hell with the Feds.
Unless the Feds run stings, they'll have no idea of HOW many guns a year a particular private party transfers.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »
Unless the Feds run stings, they'll have no idea of HOW many guns a year a particular private party transfers.

This. 

And without a sting,  if they ask,  I haven't sold any guns this year.  or ever.  *expletive deleted*ck em',  I don;t owe them an honest answer at that point.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 04:41:40 PM »
Unless the answer is 5 or less, it likely won't affect me.  I sold 5 or 6 this year which is probably the most I have ever sold in a year. 

However, I was told by a dealer at a gun show that there are people who get tables at every local gun show and buy/sell guns who don't have an FFL.  I could care less, but I imagine it would affect people like them more than us.  My cousin used to go to all the shows selling gun safes.  I know he would keep an eye out for deals on guns to clean up and resell.  It might affect people like that also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 06:59:36 PM »
Get a table sure, but how many are they selling. More like running a museum. [popcorn]

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 09:39:11 PM »
CNN said E.O. announcement will happen Tuesday.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 09:54:39 PM »
CNN said E.O. announcement will happen Tuesday.

I have this feeling whatever he has up his sleeve will be weak sauce.  Draconian would be better,  for the reaction,  but it's probably more insidious BS.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 10:38:14 AM »
The stings will be targetting white males, the people who commit real ( not malum prohibitum) gun crimes are rarely charged

http://trac.syr.edu/tracreports/crim/409/

Barack Obama

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »
The stings will be targetting white males, the people who commit real ( not malum prohibitum) gun crimes are rarely charged

http://trac.syr.edu/tracreports/crim/409/

IIRC, Yuri Bezmenov mentioned this in one of his books, speeches or interviews - this whole idea was inserted by the KGB in the first place in Western Europe and the USA - disregard actual criminals, focus on law abiding gun owners.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 02:53:33 PM »
IIRC, Yuri Bezmenov mentioned this in one of his books, speeches or interviews - this whole idea was inserted by the KGB in the first place in Western Europe and the USA - disregard actual criminals, focus on law abiding gun owners.

Its been the modus operendi for many social issues by the communist democratic party.

Barack Obama